Newly Hooked on Goose Hunting

Honk!

Newly Hooked on Goose Hunting

Postby Weekend Woodsmen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 am

New to the board! Before this year we had never gone goose hunting before, but some buddies that go quite often invited us out last weekend and we shot our limit of 25 in one hour! It was non-stop action and now we are hooked. Since then we have bought calls, lay out blinds, and borrowed decoys. Man this sport is expensive, but so much fun! Check out the video from the hunt!

Weekend Woodsmen

Re: Newly Hooked on Goose Hunting

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 am

Welcome and sorry you have fallen into this money pit of an obsession. Use the search feature here and look up the member Bowjoe..... I'm seeing another resemblence here :lol:
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:New to the board! Before this year we had never gone goose hunting before, but some buddies that go quite often invited us out last weekend and we shot our limit of 25 in one hour! It was non-stop action and now we are hooked. Since then we have bought calls, lay out blinds, and borrowed decoys. Man this sport is expensive, but so much fun! Check out the video from the hunt!

So where are you at in Ohio and who are you ?
firstflight

Postby Weekend Woodsmen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm

We are in North East Ohio. Were hunting the Andover area just west of Pymatuning.
Weekend Woodsmen

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:We are in North East Ohio. Were hunting the Andover area just west of Pymatuning.

You're Close too me . You will never find a more diehard waterfowler then me .
firstflight

Postby Duckdog » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 pm

I know a guy who's way more die hard than you...
;)
Duckdog

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Duckdog wrote:I know a guy who's way more die hard than you...
;)

Okay you got me . I only get out 125 day in the field per season .
firstflight

Postby 3geese4me » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:We are in North East Ohio. Were hunting the Andover area just west of Pymatuning.

I am originally from that area.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:08 am

I'm not from there, but had an uncle who taught and coached there in the "way back when...". Who'd a thunk Andover such a popular place?
Rick

Postby 3geese4me » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 am

Rick wrote:I'm not from there, but had an uncle who taught and coached there in the "way back when...". Who'd a thunk Andover such a popular place?

Did he ever make mention of the school being called "Pregnant Valley High School" instead of Pymatuning Valley? When I was going to school I think there were 4-5 girls that ended up getting pregnant my senior year. Apparently, this is not an unusual occurrence for that that school. Has to be something in the water.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby firstflight » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 am

3geese4me wrote:
Rick wrote:I'm not from there, but had an uncle who taught and coached there in the "way back when...". Who'd a thunk Andover such a popular place?

Did he ever make mention of the school being called "Pregnant Valley High School" instead of Pymatuning Valley? When I was going to school I think there were 4-5 girls that ended up getting pregnant my senior year. Apparently, this is not an unusual occurrence for that that school. Has to be something in the water.

Well reminded me too never drink that water lol .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:53 pm

firstflight wrote:
Duckdog wrote:I know a guy who's way more die hard than you...
;)

Okay you got me . I only get out 125 day in the field per season .

That's a drop in the bucket.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Weekend Woodsmen » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 am

firstflight wrote:

I know you don't know us, but if you ever need a few sharp shooters (sarcastic) to join let us know! Now that we have the bug we are looking hard for areas of our own to hunt, but we live in Akron and Medina so we have to rely on either my dad and uncle scouting for us, to someone else if we go back up to Ashtabula to hunt! We have everything but decoys now...going to have to hold off of that dive in order to stay out of divorce court, but unfortunately limits us in our effectiveness! Crazy how small of a world it is!
Weekend Woodsmen

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:07 pm

This a guide service?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Is Fabio as gay in person as he is on the internets? :lol:
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby firstflight » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:

I know you don't know us, but if you ever need a few sharp shooters (sarcastic) to join let us know! Now that we have the bug we are looking hard for areas of our own to hunt, but we live in Akron and Medina so we have to rely on either my dad and uncle scouting for us, to someone else if we go back up to Ashtabula to hunt! We have everything but decoys now...going to have to hold off of that dive in order to stay out of divorce court, but unfortunately limits us in our effectiveness! Crazy how small of a world it is!

Dude your so close to big Als decoys he makes great sillos . Sillos are all I run there faster, lighter, and they work great on big dumb geese .and if you go to his shop you can pick out what ever head stile you want .

And that area has lots of birds
firstflight

Postby Weekend Woodsmen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Flightstopper wrote:This a guide service?

Not sure if you were asking me or not, but no we are not a guide service and neither were the guys we were hunting with. We just knew each other from high school.
Weekend Woodsmen

Postby Weekend Woodsmen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:49 pm

firstflight wrote:
Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Dude your so close to big Als decoys he makes great sillos . Sillos are all I run there faster, lighter, and they work great on big dumb geese .and if you go to his shop you can pick out what ever head stile you want .

Where is his shop located? I live just south of Akron and go out to the Ashtabula area on weekends when hunting.
Weekend Woodsmen

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:
Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Where is his shop located? I live just south of Akron and go out to the Ashtabula area on weekends when hunting.

His shop is in Norton look it up on Facebook .
firstflight

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:
Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Still don't understand why you go so far to hunt .there is awesome hunting right there .
I grew up in Jackson townships and lived on lake cable ,
went to Jackson middle and high .
firstflight

Postby firstflight » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:
Weekend Woodsmen wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Sent you a p.m.
firstflight

Return to Goose Hunting Forum