First homemade lanyard...

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

First homemade lanyard...

Postby IndianaYakFish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:53 am

Came across some paracord at a local store yesterday morning, so bought some to give making my own call lanyard a try. Never made one before so I looked up some YouTube videos and started braiding. I thought it would be an easy one or two hour project. Pffffft. Seven hours and two blistered fingers later, this is what I came up with. Few things I would do different if I ever make another one, but I'm happy with it I reckon'. Going to make a matching bird carrier since I have enough cord left.

-Jameson
"I intend to learn to call waterfowl even if in the process I offend every ear in the country—and I just might."—Gene Hill
IndianaYakFish

Re: First homemade lanyard...

Postby Olly » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:18 am

Looks good for a first lanyard!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:35 am

Nice. I've yet to make one of the full round ones but it's on the list. Like the G2 as well.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:57 pm

I used to make my own lanyards, too. (On for each call out of anchor chord.)
Rick

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum