Re: Duckmaster boats???

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 am

Pretty cool flint
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Duckdog » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:29 am

I think this is going to be one hell of a nice rig when you get it done.
Duckdog

Postby Goldfish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am

Find plastic pallets and cut them up to make the floor
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby jehler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:53 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Well guys for any who are interested in this project I've just spoken with the builder of this boat. His name is Gordy Oates and he is the owner of duckmaster calls in lonoke Arkansas. Great guy and he gave me a ton of info on the boat
It was a company that they tried to start up building these things in the early 90s. Tons of equipment was bought, and only three of these were made. Gordy has one. His buddy has one and I have one. Apparently something went wrong with his financial backing and the project got put on hold and was never restarted. He said the front half of the outside hull is Kevlar and could take a bullet. They were built to be light weight and sturdy for Arkansas timber. The only wood was the floor. He suggested that I get a piece of fiberglass sheeting made instead of putting wood back down on the floor. I'm not sure I can afford that though. The boat being this old and just now having the floor replaced I think I'm ok with going back to wood. He also had a bunch of snap on tops that go over the blind made up and he's gona send me a couple of those. I thought it was pretty cool of him. His website is http://Www.arkansasduckmaster.com check him out he's a good guy who has done me a big favor.
checked out his website, umm, flint, does he know you're black?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby AKPirate » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:00 pm

jehler wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Well guys for any who are interested in this project I've just spoken with the builder of this boat. His name is Gordy Oates and he is the owner of duckmaster calls in lonoke Arkansas. Great guy and he gave me a ton of info on the boat
It was a company that they tried to start up building these things in the early 90s. Tons of equipment was bought, and only three of these were made. Gordy has one. His buddy has one and I have one. Apparently something went wrong with his financial backing and the project got put on hold and was never restarted. He said the front half of the outside hull is Kevlar and could take a bullet. They were built to be light weight and sturdy for Arkansas timber. The only wood was the floor. He suggested that I get a piece of fiberglass sheeting made instead of putting wood back down on the floor. I'm not sure I can afford that though. The boat being this old and just now having the floor replaced I think I'm ok with going back to wood. He also had a bunch of snap on tops that go over the blind made up and he's gona send me a couple of those. I thought it was pretty cool of him. His website is http://Www.arkansasduckmaster.com check him out he's a good guy who has done me a big favor.

:lol: white flour!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:01 pm

jehler wrote:

It's heritage.... Not hate jehler.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby jehler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Not in Arkansas brah
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:12 pm

jehler wrote:Not in Arkansas brah

People outside the south love to call it a racist hate symbol and compare it to a swastika but we don't consider it that at all. But let's not smut this boat thread up with a race wars arguement.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby jehler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Ok tk
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:19 pm

How much water does it draw?
assateague

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 pm

assateague wrote:How much water does it draw?

How shallow does it draft? Idk. Haven't had it in the water yet. The guy I bought it from said very shallow but that was with proly 100 -150 lbs of water, rotten wood, and foam in it.
Gordy, the guy who built it said they are very lightweight and haul ass. They originally were built with 40 horse Yamaha engines on them though. Mine now has a 25 horse rude on the back.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:27 pm

I love the boat and its short history, and I'm sure he is a stand up guy....but a Hummer painted up with the Confed flag? That's just straight up topwater shit.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:I love the boat and its short history, and I'm sure he is a stand up guy....but a Hummer painted up with the Confed flag? That's just straight up topwater shit.

I wouldn't drive it
FlintRiverFowler

Duckmaster boats???

Postby gila-river » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:02 pm

That's cool as hell. Bet you wish you had some if this "dry heat" right now to dry that bitch out:lol:
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:56 pm

gila-river wrote:

That's cool as hell. Bet you wish you had some if this "dry heat" right now to dry that bitch out:lol:

That would be nice. I drank a beer out by the fence with my neighbor earlier and was absolutely drenched in sweat half way through. It's over 90% humidity.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
gila-river wrote:

That would be nice. I drank a beer out by the fence with my neighbor earlier and was absolutely drenched in sweat half way through. It's over 90% humidity.

Wilson W. Wilson?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
gila-river wrote:

Wilson W. Wilson?

I love that guy. Wish I had a neighbor like that.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Howdy neighbor
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:44 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
gila-river wrote:

Wilson W. Wilson?

I love that guy. Wish I had a neighbor like that.

Well, he's been dead for years. Tony's first hit I bet
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:50 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407872959.201368.jpg

Damn dehumidifier was doin great til it sprung a leak. And wet the boat back down.
Got fan city goin on in here now.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Ahh shit, that sucks!
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:13 pm

It was just plastic under the wood, right?
assateague

Postby Duckdog » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm a little confused too. What are you drying out? Did the fiberglass/Kevlar get spongy or something?
Duckdog

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Duckdog wrote:I'm a little confused too. What are you drying out? Did the fiberglass/Kevlar get spongy or something?

There's some rotten wood around the edges, also the fiberglass there's is kind of porous, so the water seeps through the stringers. Once I'm certain everything is dry I'm going to glass or seal all of that in before laying the wood floor.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Because I'm sort of lazy, I'm not going to re-read the whole thread. But I could have sworn you said the whole boat was plastic?
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:49 pm

assateague wrote:Because I'm sort of lazy, I'm not going to re-read the whole thread. But I could have sworn you said the whole boat was plastic?

Thought you were a researcher?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:50 pm

I like to delegate.
assateague

Postby jehler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Rent a humidifier and put it under a tarp, It's money
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:53 pm

He's in Georgia, in the summer. The dehumidifier would never stop, and the boat wouldn't be any drier.
assateague

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum