Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 am

Found a really cool boat on craigslist that I'm going to look at tomorrow.
Guy says it's made by a company called duckmaster. Although I can't find the particular model on their website. It's not aluminum he says it's either polyethylene or polypropylene and he has used it to hunt timber in Arkansas so I imagine it's pretty tough to hold up to the stumps. Not really worried about the material anyways bc I'm wanting this for lake hunting.
It has a built on non removable hard sided blind on it and two gun boxes, one on each side with a bench across the back. Comes with 93 evinrude 25 horse.
I've only been able to find one more like it online. Anybody know anything about these?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406641699.650128.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406641715.453713.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Re: Duckmaster boats???

Postby RonE » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:55 am

Looks to me that with a little brush or grass on one side, it would be great for two guys. I would use spud poles rather than an anchor if you are in shallow enough water.

When you look at it, ask the seller if he has killed any ducks from it and how deep or shallow does he hunt out of it. Don't know if I would ever use the trolling motor, perhaps for picking up decoys?

If the price is right I don't think you can go wrong.
Last edited by RonE on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 am

Looks like it would hunt well.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:05 am

how long is it?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 am

Woody wrote:how long is it?

It's a 1548.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

It's a 1548.

So, the hole where people can sit is only like 10ft... that's pretty small.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:09 am

RonE wrote:Looks to me that with a little brush or grass on one side, it would be great for two guys. I would use spud poles rather than an anchor if you are in shallow enough water.

When you look at it, ask the seller if he has killed any ducks from it and how deep or shallow does he hunt out of it. Don't know if I would ever use the trolling motor, perhaps for picking up decoys?

If the price is right I don't think you can go wrong.

He says all he has used it for is Arkansas timber. And has hunted divers from it in open water. The boat with the trolling motor is actually not the one I'm looking at it's the only other one I can find online but it's exactly the same. The duckmaster website says they are in Texas btw Ron. This must be a discontinued model bc it was made mid 90s.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 am

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

It's a 1548.

It's probly like 12 ft. But I usually hunt with just me and a buddy. He says he hunts three from it comfortably.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:12 am

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

It's a 1548.

Plenty of pit blinds about that size that hunt three deep regularly.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:13 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

It's a 1548.

It's probly like 12 ft. But I usually hunt with just me and a buddy. He says he hunts three from it comfortably.

I like a boat that can fit 10 plus... jk
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 am

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

It's a 1548.

There was a big "guide edition" godevil boat for sale here not long ago. It was like 22 feet long and had a 35 horse long tail. The guy was boasting that it could fit 8 hunters and all their gear.... Sounded absolutely miserable to operate especially with that big ass long tail on it.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:It's a 1548.

There was a big "guide edition" godevil boat for sale here not long ago. It was like 22 feet long and had a 35 horse long tail. The guy was boasting that it could fit 8 hunters and all their gear.... Sounded absolutely miserable to operate especially with that big ass long tail on it.

One of our boats is 22 foot, but you can only hunt 6 out of it.
Woody

Postby Duckdog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 am

Looks like a nice little rig to me! Price would be the deciding factor for me.
Just for reference, it looks like you would have about the same amount of room as a 15'-16' boat with a scissor blind on it, and I can comfortably hunt 3 out of mine like that.
Duckdog

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 am

Duckdog wrote:Looks like a nice little rig to me! Price would be the deciding factor for me.
Just for reference, it looks like you would have about the same amount of room as a 15'-16' boat with a scissor blind on it, and I can comfortably hunt 3 out of mine like that.

I'm with him. Looks cool but doesn't seem to do anything that a good welded boat won't do. You're also stuck with the hard blind so you can't really use it for anything else. Would also be easier to sell a welded boat than that would be I'd imagine.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 am

Flightstopper wrote:
Duckdog wrote:Looks like a nice little rig to me! Price would be the deciding factor for me.

I'm with him. Looks cool but doesn't seem to do anything that a good welded boat won't do. You're also stuck with the hard blind so you can't really use it for anything else. Would also be easier to sell a welded boat than that would be I'd imagine.

The price is SUPER low ....$1,800 and it's on a nice trailer. I've taken in to consideration the resale, and since my boat is not worth much more if any at all im ok with that. I never use mine for fishing anyways. So I'm not worried abt that either. I'm gaining space and stability and I'm willing to bet it handles rough water a hell of a lot better than my current dinghy does. I'm pretty much sold on it as long as it's in good condition when I see it.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

The price is SUPER low ....$1,800 and it's on a nice trailer. I've taken in to consideration the resale, and since my boat is not worth much more if any at all im ok with that. I never use mine for fishing anyways. So I'm not worried abt that either. I'm gaining space and stability and I'm willing to bet it handles rough water a hell of a lot better than my current dinghy does. I'm pretty much sold on it as long as it's in good condition when I see it.

That sounds like a really good price.
Woody

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Sounds like a good fit then especially at that price :thumbsup:
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 am

Really look that bottom over good. If you can move it on the trailer, slide it over so you can see where the bunks are too. With it being a timber boat, I'm sure it has taken some hits. Look for hairline cracks especially around the keel up front and along the chine where he might have bounced off of something.
Looks like a good boat though if the hull is solid. And seems like a good price.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:40 am

The fact that I can only fine one other one for sale and it's listed as a 1996... While duckmaster website says they started in 1997. Makes wonder how many of them still exist.
FlintRiverFowler

Duckmaster boats???

Postby gila-river » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:07 pm

I had a poly boat (Coleman craw dad??) I think and the plastic was surprisingly strong. I'm sure that material is even better being on a serious boat. Looks cool as shit to me and around here a trailer alone is a grand plus. Looks like a good deal.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Woody » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm

gila-river wrote:I had a poly boat (Coleman craw dad??) I think and the plastic was surprisingly strong. I'm sure that material is even better being on a serious boat. Looks cool as shit to me and around here a trailer alone is a grand plus. Looks like a good deal.

It seems odd they would over charge for a boat (or boat trailer) in the desert.
Woody

Postby gila-river » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Woody wrote:
gila-river wrote:I had a poly boat (Coleman craw dad??) I think and the plastic was surprisingly strong. I'm sure that material is even better being on a serious boat. Looks cool as shit to me and around here a trailer alone is a grand plus. Looks like a good deal.

It seems odd they would over charge for a boat (or boat trailer) in the desert.

:lol: we actually are way up on the list for miles of freshwater shoreline.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Well I'm gonna pull the trigger on this boat tomorrow. The boat in the pictures is actually the same boat. I'm thinking it's a one of a kind boat. Wot get much sleep tonight out of excitement.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Well I'm gonna pull the trigger on this boat tomorrow. The boat in the pictures is actually the same boat. I'm thinking it's a one of a kind boat. Wot get much sleep tonight out of excitement.

Almost looks like a cheaper Duckwater and for that price I'd take it all day.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Well I'm gonna pull the trigger on this boat tomorrow. The boat in the pictures is actually the same boat. I'm thinking it's a one of a kind boat. Wot get much sleep tonight out of excitement.

Those duck water boats are tanks. I'd live to have one.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:26 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Do you get divers down there? Those hard blinds are beatable only by layouts.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Divers are the whole reason behind getting this thing.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:30 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Divers are the whole reason behind getting this thing.

Paint that bitch up like jehlers and it won't disappoint.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby gila-river » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Nice! Fill is in once she's yours.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Got the boat. It's cool as hell but one problem that seems huge that really isn't... It has rotten floors. But that's the only wood in the boat. I'm off to lowes to buy an angle grinder. Gonna be working long into the night on this removing the floor. I did get him to drop his price upon inspection. Here's the disaster thus far
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407540389.715214.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Next

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum