The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:39 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422570141.166008.jpg

Beyond a pain in the ass. At least the guy who builds them will talk to you on the phone about a 16 year old motor that was bought second hand and tell you how to work in it. A+ service right there.

Did that a few years ago on my 25hp Kohler. Wasn't too bad.

This motor hasn't been maintained very well. The end of the shaft was mushroomed like someone had hit it with a hammer. Had to cut a couple threads off with the zip wheel and then chase the rest to even get the prop off. Also had to split the jam but with a chisel to get the pressure off the prop so it would turn. Coco gets a lot of shit talked on him over at MMT but he's a good guy in my book. I've talked to him twice on the phone now and he's gona repitch my prop for me from a 9x5 to a 9x6.

Take MMT with a grain of salt. That forum is over run by assholes. A prime example of how a forum can go bad.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Beyond a pain in the ass. At least the guy who builds them will talk to you on the phone about a 16 year old motor that was bought second hand and tell you how to work in it. A+ service right there.

This motor hasn't been maintained very well. The end of the shaft was mushroomed like someone had hit it with a hammer. Had to cut a couple threads off with the zip wheel and then chase the rest to even get the prop off. Also had to split the jam but with a chisel to get the pressure off the prop so it would turn. Coco gets a lot of shit talked on him over at MMT but he's a good guy in my book. I've talked to him twice on the phone now and he's gona repitch my prop for me from a 9x5 to a 9x6.

Take MMT with a grain of salt. That forum is over run by assholes. A prime example of how a forum can go bad.

Yeah but the long tail guys are decent
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Woody wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Needing a shotgun has nothing to do with it...sold one just like it 4 months ago, will likely do the same with this one.

As far as rigging...with $200 of calendars, it's not exactly like I didn't have better than average odds and my "free" $300 gun cost me....???

I was joking... If memory serves me you won a shotgun too long ago.

Last year it was a safe with 2-3(sad, I can't remember) shotguns in it.

Best ever event was (as a table of 5 guys) bought $600 of raffle tickets and won 4 rifles, 2 muzzleloaders, 2 shotguns and a pair of layout blinds.

We were not popular. (And it wasn't a DU event)
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Some people are just lucky, I guess. I've won one raffle in my life. It was a Walkman MP3 (before there was an iPod) it was worth $600-700. Not two days latter my mom put it through the washing machine.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Biggest thing I've ever won was tickets to the warped tour '06 off the radio.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Grade A dickbags
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 pm

What's MMT? Munchin on Man Tits?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Woody wrote:What's MMT? Munchin on Man Tits?

Meso-American Moob Territory.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 pm

Musty Mammaries of Texas?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:13 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I won a shotgun in the DU calendar raffle today..

I chuckle about guys with seasons just wrapping up now, when we are essentially only 8 months away from early goose & teal and we've been shutdown for near 2 months already

Seems like forever ago.
Water will be back open soon and time for some fishing. Then back to hunting season.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Deltaman wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Are you guys that crowded out down there on weekdays too? I almost never hunt Saturday's and Sunday's because of all the people. If my schedule ever keeps me from hunting weekdays, I'll do very little duck hunting. I hope that never happens.

Nuff, there is somebody hunting every bay, every day........unbelievable! It's no wonder the birds only refuge is to keep moving South, or raft up in open water. We used to have the season in the majority of our delta as hunting only Thurs-Sunday, and only until 12:00 noon. It gave the ducks a rest for several days, and every afternoon. I was a big proponent of being able to hunt any day, and was elated when they changed the law. My reasoning was that we got screwed out of a lot of hunting days. In hindsight, it was not a good move, and we are paying the piper now. With the new DD crowd that has popped out of the woodwork, surface drives galore, and some want to run THROUGH the ducks sitting on the water, just to see them,.........because they can! We had a similar problem with airboats back in the late 70's, and they were outlawed 30 days before, and during duck season, because of a few bad apples.......... I am hoping that we can get back to something similar to what we used to have, and it would not be a bad idea to take one of our centrally located bays with grass, and make it either off limits, or at least non-motorized. Otherwise, I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Weekends here there is a guy every few hundred yards. But mon-thurs I usually never see another party. Maybe a couple boats at the ramp.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:36 am

Just watched American Sniper. It's sad that people are just gonna go see that movie and not read the book. Major letdown.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:Just watched American Sniper. It's sad that people are just gonna go see that movie and not read the book. Major letdown.

Saw the movie. I'd like to read the book, but probably not going to have time.

How is that a sad thing?

Far more people will read the book as a result of the movie. I'll bet sales of the book have gone through the roof.

What would you say we are missing out on by not reading the book?
SpinnerMan

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:58 am

Woody wrote:Musty Mammaries of Texas?

Mega mammal tiddies
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:59 am

Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Grade A dickbags

I love when someone asks a question about their motor and some fag has to chime in with "just go buy a brand new GTR" half those guys are high school and college kids who's daddy bought their shit.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Just watched American Sniper. It's sad that people are just gonna go see that movie and not read the book. Major letdown.

Saw the movie. I'd like to read the book, but probably not going to have time.

How is that a sad thing?

Far more people will read the book as a result of the movie. I'll bet sales of the book have gone through the roof.

What would you say we are missing out on by not reading the book?

They changed a lot of stuff around and took a lot out. The thing that pissed me off the most is when they killed the kid in the movie. Chris never killed a kid in the book just the mother. At least that's how I read it. But later on in the book when the kid picks up the RPG he said he would not kill the kid period, and would wait for the person that sent the kid out to get the thing.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:43 pm

I think it's sad because they miss represented him. His story was changed into a typical Hollywood movie. They made a storyline with a hero, bad guy, plot, all of it. It's a movie about an autobiography, to me it should have been as factual as possible not a theatrical production.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:17 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:I think it's sad because they miss represented him. His story was changed into a typical Hollywood movie. They made a storyline with a hero, bad guy, plot, all of it. It's a movie about an autobiography, to me it should have been as factual as possible not a theatrical production.

It is not a documentary nor should it be. This is always the challenge in this genre. It is in fact fiction, but it portrays factual events. It should not be held to the standard of a documentary. I believe that the right standard is a general representation of the events, feelings, emotions, etc. Does it represent the time, events, etc. In a general way, even if specific facts are not. The debate on whether it does, like you are doing is where the value is added.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:32 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I think it's sad because they miss represented him. His story was changed into a typical Hollywood movie. They made a storyline with a hero, bad guy, plot, all of it. It's a movie about an autobiography, to me it should have been as factual as possible not a theatrical production.

It is not a documentary nor should it be. This is always the challenge in this genre. It is in fact fiction, but it portrays factual events. It should not be held to the standard of a documentary. I believe that the right standard is a general representation of the events, feelings, emotions, etc. Does it represent the time, events, etc. In a general way, even if specific facts are not. The debate on whether it does, like you are doing is where the value is added.

I see what you're saying. I have a great hatred toward the new MLK movie because of how they represent LBJ. It's not a documentary either. I tend to like facts more than anything else which makes me a minority.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:37 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I see what you're saying. I have a great hatred toward the new MLK movie because of how they represent LBJ. It's not a documentary either. I tend to like facts more than anything else which makes me a minority.

I guess that didn't bother me because LBJ was a fucking asshole that fucked up so badly that I don't know how you could do him an injustice.

I'm a pretty facts oriented guy, but I do like this genre of movie. You just cannot accept it as history. You got to do your homework.

Have you seen 42? I really like that movie. It prompted me to do some homework on some of the specific events portrayed. Some were true, some not true, some out of sequence if true, ... However, I think the movie is a fair dramatic representation of the events as best I can tell.

Now of course, I'm sure this is the God's honest truth.

SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:46 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I guess that didn't bother me because LBJ was a fucking asshole that fucked up so badly that I don't know how you could do him an injustice.

I'm a pretty facts oriented guy, but I do like this genre of movie. You just cannot accept it as history. You got to do your homework.

Have you seen 42? I really like that movie. It prompted me to do some homework on some of the specific events portrayed. Some were true, some not true, some out of sequence if true, ... However, I think the movie is a fair dramatic representation of the events as best I can tell.

Now of course, I'm sure this is the God's honest truth.

I have 42 sitting around somewhere but haven't watched it. As for titanic when that was out I was more into Bambi and that shit. I've never had the desire to try and watch it now due to the length.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:16 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Woody wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Needing a shotgun has nothing to do with it...sold one just like it 4 months ago, will likely do the same with this one.

As far as rigging...with $200 of calendars, it's not exactly like I didn't have better than average odds and my "free" $300 gun cost me....???

I was joking... If memory serves me you won a shotgun too long ago.

Last year it was a safe with 2-3(sad, I can't remember) shotguns in it.

Best ever event was (as a table of 5 guys) bought $600 of raffle tickets and won 4 rifles, 2 muzzleloaders, 2 shotguns and a pair of layout blinds.

We were not popular. (And it wasn't a DU event)

Nice!!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby blockmaker » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Never been lucky! It can be raining whores and I'd get the only queer in the bunch!
blockmaker

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 pm

blockmaker wrote:Never been lucky! It can be raining whores and I'd get the only queer in the bunch!

That used to be me with drawings.

My wife would get mad and say that I had to think positive. I'd tell her I was positive I would not win :mrgreen:

On 2 occasions, there was one prize for everyone and I was literally the last name out of the bucket.

I was working out of town, long hours, etc. and my company paid for us to golf in a charity golf tournament. Nice thing for all we had done. They were giving away all kinds of nice stuff and lots of it. I won a fucking golf glove. :evil:

I have broke the curse. I was hoping it would be in a big way, but no such luck.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Back in the '70s, I won a Weatherby semi-auto, a Savage .22/20ga O/U and a print at a NWTF dinner and apparently used up my lifetime supply of raffle luck. Haven't won pecans since.
Rick

Postby Woody » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:03 pm

I'm so drunk right now.
Woody

Postby Olly » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Woody wrote:I'm so drunk right now.

I'm catching up on you. I passed a test I needed to pass today to be able to compete for my next promotion so I'm getting celebratory drunks.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:04 am

The trailer for Ted 2 is out, and when they are at the sperm facility, you see the cum cans we make at work in the background

(it's those cans in the background of the still shot for the video)
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:44 am

Rick wrote:Back in the '70s, I won a Weatherby semi-auto, a Savage .22/20ga O/U and a print at a NWTF dinner and apparently used up my lifetime supply of raffle luck. Haven't won pecans since.

The DU regional director called me yesterday and As soon as I answered the phone says "you've got to be the luckiest SOB I know"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:05 am

Goldfish wrote:The trailer for Ted 2 is out, and when they are at the sperm facility, you see the cum cans we make at work in the background

(it's those cans in the background of the still shot for the video)

So you work in a cum can factory?
FlintRiverFowler

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind