The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:59 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee fuck. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

throw the damn things Hay and be done with it.

Chickens are non ruminant animals. They'd starve to death.

Feed them corn and little rocks then.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:04 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee ****. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

You are lying. An environmental-whacko past friend of my wife told me with all seriousness that they feed chickens urine soaked saw dust. If that don't kill them, hay sure as hell won't.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That guy was a lier and a serious dumbfuck.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:06 pm

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee fuck. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

Feed them corn and little rocks then.

That's pretty much the base. Then you add amino acids, fats, soybeans, alittle meat meal, vitamins and minerals and you're set.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:08 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee ****. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

You are lying. An environmental-whacko past friend of my wife told me with all seriousness that they feed chickens urine soaked saw dust. If that don't kill them, hay sure as hell won't.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That guy was a lier and a serious dumbfuck.

Urine could give vitamins and minerals but there's no metabolizable energy in wood. It's a filler. Without other sources of proteins they would die.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:19 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Urine could give vitamins and minerals but there's no metabolizable energy in wood. It's a filler. Without other sources of proteins they would die.

Then you can eat piss poor chicken.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:20 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Chickens are non ruminant animals. They'd starve to death.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That guy was a lier and a serious ****.

No fucking shit. Yet I could not get this idiot to understand this simple fact. There were many such beliefs she had that were absolutely crazy. However, like most religious zealots, they are not open minded to the fact that some things they believe may not be true. Once you question anything, then your whole house of cards is in jeopardy, and then who can you be so certain of your moral superiority to the rest of us heathens.

One of those beliefs of people like her is that farmers hate their animals and take joy in their pain and suffering. They cannot even comprehend how much my grandfather cared for his dairy cows. You fucked with them and you might get shot. You would not have been the first person to have shots fired in your general direction :shock: They don't care because they are nuts like her. They care because it's just really bad business to not care.

One of the guys that received a warning shot was a guy that would later become one of my little league coaches. He was with a group of teenagers that were out drinking and spot lighting and where shining their light on my grandfathers cows. He came out and told them to get lost. Before you tell someone to go fuck themselves, you probably should make sure that you can if they are carrying a shotgun or not. My coach swears the muzzle blast shot flames completely over the roof of their car. The got lost in a hurry. My grandfather has no idea how they made the corner on the road :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:29 pm

What those people refuse to realize is that animals will not optimally perform if they are suck or in pain. Generally farmers/ranchers will do everything in their power to ensure animals are happy, comfortable, and healthy. Mistreating animals doesn't make a lick of sense economically.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:45 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:What those people refuse to realize is that animals will not optimally perform if they are suck or in pain. Generally farmers/ranchers will do everything in their power to ensure animals are happy, comfortable, and healthy. Mistreating animals doesn't make a lick of sense economically.

She just could not accept what is such obvious common sense.

Although I do recall this Phil Hendrie show where Ted Bell of Ted's of Beverly Hills talks about how beef tastes much better if it is scared near to death before you kill it because of all the adrenaline. All I could find on youtube was talking about his miniature chickens. Maybe that was because they only fed them sawdust.

SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:07 pm

That guy sounds like a fuckin moron too. You want animals to be calm before slaughter for the best tasting meat.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:59 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:That guy sounds like a **** moron too. You want animals to be calm before slaughter for the best tasting meat.

I don't know the guy sounded pretty authentic to me. Did you watch the video, carefully? If not maybe, you should call into his show.

Back when I was listening to it around 2000, it was one of the funniest shows. At first I couldn't believe these fucking moron guest that came on his show. Then I couldn't stop laughing at the callers that called in and argued with all of his guests. The scared meat episode was one of the best.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:28 pm

It's funny how one little plug can ruin your day. Truck stopped charging and I trouble shot it down to the fielding plug on the alternator. I guess after 15 years it just wore out.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Funny thing is it works if it's half way pulled out... So I RTVed in place like that. Got a new plug on order.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:31 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:That guy sounds like a **** moron too. You want animals to be calm before slaughter for the best tasting meat.

I don't know the guy sounded pretty authentic to me. Did you watch the video, carefully? If not maybe, you should call into his show.

Back when I was listening to it around 2000, it was one of the funniest shows. At first I couldn't believe these fucking moron guest that came on his show. Then I couldn't stop laughing at the callers that called in and argued with all of his guests. The scared meat episode was one of the best.

I didn't watch it at first. That was pretty good. :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:04 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Back when I was listening to it around 2000, it was one of the funniest shows. At first I couldn't believe these **** moron guest that came on his show. Then I couldn't stop laughing at the callers that called in and argued with all of his guests. The scared meat episode was one of the best.

I didn't watch it at first. That was pretty good. :lol:

The funniest thing about his show was the people that called in so mad, especially if they started spouting their credentials trying to prove how smart they were. :lol: I wonder how many of them never realized how bad they had been had.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:32 pm

:lol: Would have been some great radio to listen to.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:53 am

Filched this from another board:

BUD the Cowboy

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Montana when suddenly a brand-new 2015 BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust. The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglasses and YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects it to his Apple i phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany ...

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Apple iPad® that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® database through an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Galaxy S5® and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, “but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars’ worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know ***** about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.”

“Now give me back my dog.”

AND THAT FOLKS IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.
Rick

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:20 am

Haha!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DComeaux » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:24 am

So much truth, Rick. :lol:
DComeaux

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:44 pm

First tourney of the year.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429393402.948446.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Woody » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Sunrise to sunset...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429402960.230372.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429402940.103445.jpg

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:36 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429407359.447181.jpg

Terrible way to spend a Saturday.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:53 am

5 hours on the water today scouting and 9 hours tonight shooting. Finished with a solid 3 fish and probably last place. Good start to the year.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:00 am

NuffDaddy wrote:5 hours on the water today scouting and 9 hours tonight shooting. Finished with a solid 3 fish and probably last place. Good start to the year.

What are you fishing for? Is it all common carp?
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:07 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:5 hours on the water today scouting and 9 hours tonight shooting. Finished with a solid 3 fish and probably last place. Good start to the year.

Pretty much. Few dogs. The lake is supposedly loaded with carp and they are all stunted and 12-15" long. We saw a lot during the daytime scout and nothing really at night
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:10 am

Officer refuses to shoot suspected double murder. Even when he would have been justified in doing so. The Cop was fresh out of the marines after 2 tours in Iraq which probably allowed him to keep a cooler head.

Good guy cop deserves to be recognized for using better judgment.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-court ... re-n344011
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:31 pm

I just took a huge swig of rotten milk. New level of gross.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:10 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Pretty much. Few dogs. The lake is supposedly loaded with carp and they are all stunted and 12-15" long. We saw a lot during the daytime scout and nothing really at night

I've heard and seen carp overrun a place, but if they are to the point that they are stunted, it is time to nuke the lake and start over. Rotenone and not bowfishing is what is needed.

That's one thing I really like fishing down here. We have a ton of different species. We had a season long contest where you got points for the different species. We were up around 20 different species.

I've never got a dogfish. Guys get them all the time, but I'll be damned if I can get one. I missed a giant one about 4' deep in a lake known for giant bowfin. The only other one that I have seen was when I missed a little one right next to the boat. That was in a tournament and big bowfin got a bow. There was a good chance that was going to be the only one since they don't get many that time of year in that area. The upside was another guy got two, both bigger than the one I missed, so at least it didn't cost me a bow.
SpinnerMan

Postby DComeaux » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Olly wrote:I just took a huge swig of rotten milk. New level of gross.

:lol: I poured milk from an almost empty gallon into a bowl of cereal this morning and it it came out really thick and chunky! I've had two experiences with a carton of expired milk in the early morning with the first swig passing my lips. NASTY!!!! Expiration date check is a must.
DComeaux

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:19 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I've heard and seen carp overrun a place, but if they are to the point that they are stunted, it is time to nuke the lake and start over. Rotenone and not bowfishing is what is needed.

That's one thing I really like fishing down here. We have a ton of different species. We had a season long contest where you got points for the different species. We were up around 20 different species.

I've never got a dogfish. Guys get them all the time, but I'll be damned if I can get one. I missed a giant one about 4' deep in a lake known for giant bowfin. The only other one that I have seen was when I missed a little one right next to the boat. That was in a tournament and big bowfin got a bow. There was a good chance that was going to be the only one since they don't get many that time of year in that area. The upside was another guy got two, both bigger than the one I missed, so at least it didn't cost me a bow.

The only reason that comes to mind that keeps them from nuking it, is there is a fairly strong population of spotted shortnose gar in the lake. And they are an endangered species. I saw my first one last night. Pretty cool fish.
We get quite a few dogs on the bay every year. They hang out in real tight vegetation where we don't usually target them so we don't get as many as we could.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:22 pm

These are the 3 we got. Almost all the fish we saw in the lake were this big.
That's a 55gal barrel. 24" across the bottom.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429471364.157299.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind