The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Olly » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:10 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Nope. It is based on how do you tell Jared Fogel from Caitlyn Jenner? Do they need a doctor's note? There are predators, how does this not enable them?

Again you have a false belief that someone that is transgendered has more of a predisposition to be a predator. If you're so worried about sexual predators in public restrooms then stop using them... you know there can be male/male or female/female sexual assault too? So you'd better stay away from anyone in a public restroom because "how do you tell the normal ones from the perverts?"

This whole debate is about one group of people trying to control another group of people using irrational fear.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:13 am

Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:Nope. It is based on how do you tell Jared Fogel from Caitlyn Jenner? Do they need a doctor's note? There are predators, how does this not enable them?

Again you have a false belief that someone that is transgendered has more of a predisposition to be a predator. If you're so worried about sexual predators in public restrooms then stop using them... you know there can be male/male or female/female sexual assault too? So you'd better stay away from anyone in a public restroom because "how do you tell the normal ones from the perverts?"

This whole debate is about one group of people trying to control another group of people using irrational fear.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT TRANSGENDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you determine who is transgenedered and who is not?

If a guy is walking around naked in the women's locker room is it a hate crime for a woman to confront them because they may be a transgender woman?

And the predator is just one of many problems I have with this.

If you have a daughter some day, what age do you stop showering with her. Apparently for men that believe they are women, never is the answer to your question. Apparently you have no problem with biological males showering with your 11, 12, 13, 14, ... daughter :shock:

As I am sure as you are aware, just because you are transgendered does NOT mean you are sexually attracted to men. Doesn't mean they will be predators. Just horny men in the hen house. You want to explain that to your 11 year old girl? You going to be the hip cool parent that is cool with that?
SpinnerMan

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 am

Olly wrote:Again you have a false belief that someone that is transgendered has more of a predisposition to be a predator.

BTW, since you assert this as fact do you have any evidence to back it up. It is such a tiny subset of society. I can't imagine there is solid data.

However, since you misunderstood my point and made this assertion. Is it pure belief based (you want it to be true so you assume it is and assert it as fact) or data driven?

http://www.ovc.gov/pubs/forge/sexual_ch_e.html

The vast majority of transgender sexual assault survivors who responded to FORGE's 2005 survey were first assaulted as children or youth.

And we know there is a strong link between adult abusers being abused as children and repeating the cycle.

Is that also true for transgender? Image

BTW, it is irrelevant for my objections to allowing biological males to shower with females of any age, but particularly girls in grade school and middle school. Could not a male that self-identifies as female, but is sexually attracted to women, be the middle school girls gym teacher in your world responsible for supervising the girls in the locker room? You as a father may be OK with that, but I see nothing wrong with other mothers and fathers that would strongly object.

Hey, I dressed as a woman once in 5th grade. Is that enough that I can use either locker room? Granted it was a Halloween costume, but is that enough? What standard will apply? Good faith?
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:54 pm

:lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Throbbin Rods » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 am

Not my month. Fractured wrist 2 weeks ago, yesterday my 3 year old Lab Kibo underwent emergency surgery for a blockage in his intestines. Looks like he ate a piece of rubber or plastic. Going to police the lawn today, pick him up at 4:30 tonight. Can't wait for April to end
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:03 am

Throbbin Rods wrote:Not my month. Fractured wrist 2 weeks ago, yesterday my 3 year old Lab Kibo underwent emergency surgery for a blockage in his intestines. Looks like he ate a piece of rubber or plastic. Going to police the lawn today, pick him up at 4:30 tonight. Can't wait for April to end

Can't have great times without a few bad ones. It will all turn around!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:...yesterday my 3 year old Lab Kibo underwent emergency surgery for a blockage in his intestines. Looks like he ate a piece of rubber or plastic...

Might be one to count as a blessing. A blockage exploratory turned up inoperable cancer in a young Chessie I had.
Rick

Postby Ajverret » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Had to put the little house dog down today. She had cancer and horrible hips barley moved around the house anymore. Felt horrible walking into the and asking them to put a dog to sleep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby Goldfish » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm going to be the biggest baby about that when the time comes
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 am

That's always a tough one. Even the little ones leave a mighty big hole behind.
Rick

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:07 am

Goldfish wrote:I'm going to be the biggest baby about that when the time comes

Oh man, you aren't the only one in that boat. It'll be a bad day for sure.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:03 am

Rules for a modern society :thumbsup:

ModernRules.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Lost my phone 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out this new tapatalk bullshit for a week. This version is damn near un useable.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Mon May 02, 2016 3:11 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Lost my phone 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out this new tapatalk bullshit for a week. This version is damn near un useable.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

I don't even use it anymore. I do have a software update for the site that will make a mobile version but it's only 90% done and I've been pretty busy with other hobbies and life in general lately to knock it out.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon May 02, 2016 3:19 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Lost my phone 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out this new tapatalk **** for a week. This version is damn near un useable.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

I have never switched to the tapatalk version on my phone. I just use the web version.

What is supposed to be the benefit of using that on the phone as opposed to the web version like I do?

I hate doing much of anything on my phone, so I'm pretty stubborn about adding apps. However, I took my wife shopping for a few hours yesterday. That meant lots of time on the phone :thumbsup:

BTW, from Olly's post, I think I will stick with the way I read the site remotely.

I also realize I am moving from that phase of life where you are "in the know" on the latest technology to the older and don't know the lingo and just don't give a fuck about it. In another 20 years being clueless about it and wishing we'd go back to the old way because I don't wish to be bothered by this new fangled crap :o
SpinnerMan

Postby DComeaux » Mon May 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Wow! Thats neat. Maybe you can make it a new olympic event. :lol:
DComeaux

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue May 03, 2016 6:42 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Lost my phone 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out this new tapatalk **** for a week. This version is damn near un useable.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

I have never switched to the tapatalk version on my phone. I just use the web version.

What is supposed to be the benefit of using that on the phone as opposed to the web version like I do?

I hate doing much of anything on my phone, so I'm pretty stubborn about adding apps. However, I took my wife shopping for a few hours yesterday. That meant lots of time on the phone :thumbsup:

BTW, from Olly's post, I think I will stick with the way I read the site remotely.

I also realize I am moving from that phase of life where you are "in the know" on the latest technology to the older and don't know the lingo and just don't give a fuck about it. In another 20 years being clueless about it and wishing we'd go back to the old way because I don't wish to be bothered by this new fangled crap :o

It makes everything bigger and was easier to navigate on the older versions cause it was cut and dry. I get you about hating technology. I took half the apps that Apple puts on this phone and put them in a junk folder. All I use is the alarm, texting, the phone, and Internet. :lol:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 03, 2016 12:28 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Sent from my Vox Mortem

It makes everything bigger and was easier to navigate on the older versions cause it was cut and dry. I get you about hating technology. I took half the apps that Apple puts on this phone and put them in a junk folder. All I use is the alarm, texting, the phone, and Internet. :lol:

Too many apps on your phone? There's an app for that. :lol:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Botiz630 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:23 pm

I love Tapatalk, honestly without it I wouldn't use web forums. It makes everything much easier to manipulate, read and navigate on a phone. I also think it's more organized and easier to quickly jump around a forum than when using a browser.

However, I sure don't like that the newest version took away my ability to post pics without registering for their image service. Not going that.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu May 05, 2016 10:07 am

I haven't figured that out yet but if you're serious I'm even more pissed

Sent from my Vox Mortem

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Botiz630 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:53 am

If there is a way around it I haven't figured it out.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby aunt betty » Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Latest news from my old man ain't good. Has pancreatic cancer. Too weak to survive 14-hour surgery that only has a 20% chance of success so he's just gunna let it ride. Lots of complicating issues like kidney stones, liver trouble, and gaul stones...he's pretty well screwed. Jaundice so it's just a matter of time. I guess pray he goes peaceful and for me to have strength to handle the bs he's leavin behind. Thanks again.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby DComeaux » Thu May 05, 2016 4:02 pm

aunt betty wrote:Latest news from my old man ain't good. Has pancreatic cancer. Too weak to survive 14-hour surgery that only has a 20% chance of success so he's just gunna let it ride. Lots of complicating issues like kidney stones, liver trouble, and gaul stones...he's pretty well screwed. Jaundice so it's just a matter of time. I guess pray he goes peaceful and for me to have strength to handle the bs he's leavin behind. Thanks again.

I'll be praying for y'all. Keep your chin up, man.
DComeaux

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu May 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Sorry to hear that. Definitely praying for your dad and you and your family.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Thu May 05, 2016 8:58 pm

May he and you who love him know God's grace.
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Fri May 06, 2016 7:48 am

aunt betty wrote:Latest news from my old man ain't good. Has pancreatic cancer. Too weak to survive 14-hour surgery that only has a 20% chance of success so he's just gunna let it ride. Lots of complicating issues like kidney stones, liver trouble, and gaul stones...he's pretty well screwed. Jaundice so it's just a matter of time. I guess pray he goes peaceful and for me to have strength to handle the bs he's leavin behind. Thanks again.

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family AB.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Tomkat » Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 am

Chin up Mike. Your Dad needs to see you be strong so he can leave the world peacefully. Your Mom needs you more than ever.

Having buried both of my parents, my heart goes out for you. Nothing I have ever experienced has changed my outlook as deeply as the death of my parents.

Prayers sent for your family.
Tomkat

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind