Deltas Spring Production Forecast

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Deltas Spring Production Forecast

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

It's not the mud hole without Rick. Besides, wouldn't be any fun for you to pull birds in tame without having to scream at them and horse em in before the other gunning shoos them away.
Darren

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Darren wrote:...wouldn't be any fun...

Teal shooting is always fun, and there are more specks on that end. But it would take a major change of heart to move me.
Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 am

Backtracking my internet source, the Arky state forum on the fuge, I find: "According to Hendrick's article in the state paper..."
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm not freaking out so much as the guys who just had a house (hunting lodge) built near public hunting in Arkansas.
Imagine if you were about to buy into something like that. Ouch.

Every year there is some sort of different WMA crisis going on. Hunted in Illinois for 35 years before I ever went to Ark and really them guys create their own BS just to complain about it.
Never hear anyone complain until they get behind their keyboards and then holy shit.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Buzzed around a lot of marsh this morning and did see some bluewings, but where the big Spring bunches are remains a mystery...
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Rick wrote:Buzzed around a lot of marsh this morning and did see some bluewings, but where the big Spring bunches are remains a mystery...

I saw a pair only last weekend on the east side of Whiskey bay in some flooded ponds while crawfishing.
DComeaux

Postby Darren » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Few near Krotz Springs lately, photos by J. Flores

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

They also caught a few BBWD and spoons that got jewelry as well. Few weeks before they were banding scaup at a grain elevator just south of baton rouge. I also made a site visit for work at a barge cleaning operation on the Miss River in mid March, they were washing waste grain out of barges......'tic 'tic downstream from there. Watched birds the whole time I was there
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Darren

Postby Darren » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:59 am

Spent some time down in St. Bernard parish marshes while fishing this weekend. Saw a few bluewings, few misc. other small ducks, and what seems to be a year round crew of squealers around the camps. Caught some fish but would have caught a whole lot more if Flipper and his entourage weren't putting on a show all around the boat
Darren

Postby Rick » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:54 am

Darren wrote:Caught some fish but would have caught a whole lot more if Flipper and his entourage weren't putting on a show all around the boat

I've had them shut us down at shallow rigs and other times not seem to matter, despite them being actively fishing themselves. Most memorably catching flounder on a bar on the south side of Point Au Fer Island while dolphins circled to corral bait fish for their little ones to crash below it. Would have been neat even if they had run our flounder off.
Rick

Postby don novicki » Wed May 04, 2016 7:54 am

Here in western Pa. we have come to expect NOTHING, and that is generally what we get anymore. If we have another year like the last two I would expect that the number of duck hunters here, 17K will drop considerably..................
don novicki

Previous

Return to The Blind