The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Goldfish » Mon May 30, 2016 11:39 pm

Amazon prime has most the old bond movies streaming, except for the first one (Dr No). That's kinda annoying. Figured I'd be able to find it on youtube maybe subtitled in another language or mirrored or something. Nope.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 am

Woody wrote:Free rent, but there is a better than normal chance you'll get killed when you walk out the front door. Smart!

You'e gonna DIE!

Oh yeah...everybody dies.

What would you do with an extra $800/month? Think about it.

Be extra careful today Woody. Your paradigm is getting shaken because you actually believe you are "safe". The world, the entire planet, is a very dangerous place. You could get T-boned by a drunk on the way to or from work today.
Judge not lest ye be judged. Used to jump out of aircraft "to make your world safer". Airborne.
Think I'm scared?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Tue May 31, 2016 10:08 am

True, the world is dangerous, which is why most people try to reduce the likelihood of said dangers occurring
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 31, 2016 11:41 am

aunt betty wrote:What would you do with an extra $800/month? Think about it.

Live in a better neighborhood :thumbsup:

Yes, everybody is going to die, but I'd rather do it when I'm old as a result of being old and not decades sooner because I lived in a crappy neighborhood.

Actually, it's not the risk so much as the headache. Every day, you have to worry about your property, your life, etc. and just dealing with the morons that live in those places. I want to be able to come and go at all hours and not have to worry if I leave something valuable unattended while I got take a piss. I just don't want to deal with that nonsense. It's worth a lot more than $800 per month to me.

But to each his own :beer:
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 31, 2016 9:24 pm

I am as old as I need to be and could die any day. You guys and your safety worries reek of y'all being pussies. Your cell phone will save you. There's an app.

The guy from Joliet claims he's safe somehow. Rofl.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 31, 2016 9:29 pm

Goldfish wrote:True, the world is dangerous, which is why most people try to reduce the likelihood of said dangers occurring

Hunting and fishing is about as dangerous as you can get unless you join the military and volunteer for hazardous duties to get more money like I did. Oh the bonuses I got. Infantry bonus, tank school bonus, airborne inf bonus. It's all about the money. Safety schmayftee.
I bet you guys wear helmets and body armor to go grocery shopping. :clap:

To be safe y'all should sell your guns, boats, and fishing poles. :duck:

This is a dangerous site full of dangerous jokers...better change passwords and send the activation to a fictitious email address...you know, to be safe.
aunt betty

Postby Botiz630 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 pm

Stay weird, Betty.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 am

aunt betty wrote:The guy from Joliet claims he's safe somehow. Rofl.

Yep. You haven't been up here in awhile. Put Joliet into google maps and it will show you the boundaries. It's like swiss cheese. I'm in the northern finger near lake Renwick far from the crappy parts of Joliet. Typical suburban neighborhood.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:22 am

Rick wrote:
Olly wrote:I've had to chase down my last two packages and meet the drivers somewhere after the just totally blew off stopping at my house.

Damn, you really are in a bad neighborhood. No wonder that gal made you move.

Yea I never had any issues at the house and the rent was cheap but with her living with me now I'd rather be safe. We moved into the rich part of town.

It's funny to see people out in public jogging and stuff for fun instead of walking to go buy drugs or to the gas station for dinner.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:43 am

Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:
Olly wrote:I've had to chase down my last two packages and meet the drivers somewhere after the just totally blew off stopping at my house.

Damn, you really are in a bad neighborhood. No wonder that gal made you move.

Yea I never had any issues at the house and the rent was cheap but with her living with me now I'd rather be safe. We moved into the rich part of town.

It's funny to see people out in public jogging and stuff for fun instead of walking to go buy drugs or to the gas station for dinner.
Glad you found your happy place. There is motive to my ghetto madness. The duck dicks in the forum are trying to dig at that.
They got me already and am not going there again. :scooter:
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:56 am

I hope next winter I don't have to worry about any ghetto madness where I'll be living :mrgreen:

SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:56 pm

The ghetto will come to you. Once the election is over and all the baby-daddys get their baby-mamas link cards taken away.
I'll be on the front line here and I promise to take out as many as I can so you can enjoy your beach safely.
Better vote for Bernie and put a BLM sign in the yard...you know...just to be safe.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Remember me when you get hungee. I'll be living on hunny. Honeybees make 30% more hunny when located in the ghetto. Ironic but poor folks don't use chemicals to de-weed thier lawns and there's better diversity of forage. True-Green lawns...meh.
20150705_130518 (1) (1).jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Last edited by aunt betty on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:05 pm

aunt betty wrote:Remember me when you get hungee. I'll be living on hunny. Honeybees make 30% more hunny when located in the ghetto.
20150705_130518 (1) (1).jpg

I love the bee keeping photos AB. I can't wait to own a little slice of this earth and be able to get into it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Have lots of pictures Olly. Where you live now is great for honeybees however there is a pest called a small hive beetle from Africa that's a terror. Read up on that and when you get bees you'll be much more successful. Be prepared to be a chemical applicator and use some strange methods to control pests. I'd love to help you bro. :beer:

Did an inventory today and I got control of 48 hives and growing. I'm desperately trying to make my own career of it and it's working.
That's why I'm here in the ghetto among other reasons that are too personal to discuss.

I'm not fit to be admin but if you want help...ask and I'm here for you.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Here are pictures I took today. 30 colonies in da hood.
Lets do some "bee math". It's sort of like Jake math and don't work too well but lets try.
Suppose I got 20 production hives that each make 100 pounds of honey. That's a ton. $5+ per pound and "holy shit" that is over
$10,000. Have hives that made 120# last season so it's completely possible.
13350546_270098230009712_6041486601318606239_o.jpg
13301370_270098226676379_4380616902644513582_o.jpg

That one with the red box on the bottom already has well over 100# in it. Will harvest around July 4 -15.

Watch this video on "Ross Rounds". The ppl I know that do those sell them for $15 each. One box makes 32.
Very neat way to package honey. Sort of a novelty but people buy them for gifts.
She said she screwed up but no, she did it right.
aunt betty

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 pm

After several weeks I have finally completed the repair of my buddy's 1994 Evinrude 115. When he bought it the seller told us that it needed a water pump and a tune up. He then ended up getting a knee replacement. Since there is no real tune up to do on these I figured carbs. Removed and cleaned carbs and used a torch tip cleaner to clean out the COMPLETELY clogged idle and low speed passages in one carb. That as why it ran on two cylinders. Replaced the impeller. Still not pissing out the telltale. Ran a piece of weed whacker line through the telltale. Still not pissing. Broken wrist, no boat work for 4 weeks. Finally this week I ordered a new water tube as I discovered the old one was crimped almost fully from someone using the bolts to pull the lower unit into place. Had to remove the power head to get to the cover for the water tube. Finally got everything back together this morning and IT LIVES!!! Pissing like a race horse. Great timing for parts to arrive and me to decide doc doesn't need to know about what I am doing. He has family in town next week and my grandsons arrive tomorrow for some Grampy time for a week. I think we will be heading to the local lake for a shake down cruise this evening!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:After several weeks I have finally completed the repair of my buddy's 1994 Evinrude 115. When he bought it the seller told us that it needed a water pump and a tune up. He then ended up getting a knee replacement. Since there is no real tune up to do on these I figured carbs. Removed and cleaned carbs and used a torch tip cleaner to clean out the COMPLETELY clogged idle and low speed passages in one carb. That as why it ran on two cylinders. Replaced the impeller. Still not pissing out the telltale. Ran a piece of weed whacker line through the telltale. Still not pissing. Broken wrist, no boat work for 4 weeks. Finally this week I ordered a new water tube as I discovered the old one was crimped almost fully from someone using the bolts to pull the lower unit into place. Had to remove the power head to get to the cover for the water tube. Finally got everything back together this morning and IT LIVES!!! Pissing like a race horse. Great timing for parts to arrive and me to decide doc doesn't need to know about what I am doing. He has family in town next week and my grandsons arrive tomorrow for some Grampy time for a week. I think we will be heading to the local lake for a shake down cruise this evening!

Sweet! Now watch out for the log and that submerged dead deer. :thumbsup:
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:15 pm

This living with the GF thing isn't so bad... my clothes are magically cleaned and folded and tonight is meatloaf Monday!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Throbbin Rods » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:44 am

My two grandsons age 7 and 9 are visiting from Nashville. Looking for stuff to do with them on this rainy day, school here is still in session so many places are not open yet. Callede an old friend who runs a local drop in center/gym to see if there was any open gym time going on. He is opening the gym for us for an hour and a half today so these two can get their B-Ball fix!!

Gotta love living where I know everybody.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Harvested some honey this morning. Bottling it up. $5 per bear.
There's gold in them there bears.
13391492_275403879479147_873667834887221179_o.jpg
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:35 pm

aunt betty wrote:Harvested some honey this morning. Bottling it up. $5 per bear.
There's gold in them there bears.
13391492_275403879479147_873667834887221179_o.jpg

Very cool. There is a open air market every thursday at the park near my new house and I noticed a bee keeper was selling honey there.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Have been splitting hives and breeding queen bees. It's a thrill to find a newly hatched queen bee and even a bigger thrill to see when she starts laying a solid brood pattern. Friend and I have the northwest corner of Champaign, Illinois saturated with close to 75 hives. I'm sure his bees are breeding with mine and vice versa. Good beekeepers make good bees by keeping an area packed with a lot of hives. All ours are in a circle about 1/2-mile diameter.
That weird triple box is for queen mating. It's called a queen castle.
12898290_230686517284217_5813592953440287871_o.jpg
13161928_260471340972401_8648430748410010830_o.jpg
FB_IMG_1443750898633.jpg
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Hard to believe it but I'll be selling about $10,000 worth of honey this year. That'll pay for some nice things like an Arkansas hunting license etc. :duck:
aunt betty

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:38 am

Good for you
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:52 am

aunt betty wrote:Hard to believe it but I'll be selling about $10,000 worth of honey this year. That'll pay for some nice things like an Arkansas hunting license etc. :duck:

Sweet Jesus
Goldfish

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Holy shit. That's crazy. Maybe he's not as crazy as I thought
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 am

NuffDaddy wrote:Holy ****. That's crazy. Maybe he's not as crazy as I thought

Yeah, but he spent $9,500 and 500 hours of his time and would have made 10x as much flipping burgers. :o

OK, just a joke. I hope he spent an hour of his time and less than $100 and makes way more than $10k.

Betty, PM me and let me know what you want to mail one of those beautiful little bears up to Joliet.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Holy ****. That's crazy. Maybe he's not as crazy as I thought

Yeah, but he spent $9,500 and 500 hours of his time and would have made 10x as much flipping burgers. :o
For such an intelligent man you sure say some dumb things. :fishing:
Go bash on uneasyjmitchell some more. Been watching the whole drama in like twenty threads. :clap:
I'm not keeping records of how much time I spent but since my time has ZERO value who cares?
Money? I think I've spent a couple grand. (2)

So far I've read like a million words you've posted and so far know NOTHING about you. How about sharing? Never know, we might like each other. 50/50.
Do you like cats...or dogs?

OK, just a joke. I hope he spent an hour of his time and less than $100 and makes way more than $10k.

Betty, PM me and let me know what you want to mail one of those beautiful little bears up to Joliet.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Wow, I missed the bottom line. Duhhh.
Lets hunt at Clinton Lake this fall. Teal season. I'll camp there and bring some honey for you.
If you want to kill some greenheads wait til a cold front associated with a low pressure system comes thru. (I'm serious)
Last year I had four great days around Thanksgiving. It can be good.

You do post some smart things too. :beer:
I think we'd agree on most things duck. Politics too maybe. It's 113 miles from Joliet to Parnell. Turns out I know a guy in Joliet who is talking about trading queen bees. Maybe I'll be up that way.
I know some places to hunt by Ottawa too. Guides at Braidwood Hunt Club etc.

There is a steak house in Ottawa that serves duck appetizers that are to die for. Duck breast fried to perfection with the duck skin fried like pork rinds. OMG it's good.

Two bears plus shipping would be $10 plus shipping. They have them "if it fits it ships boxes".
I think maybe $8 or $10 shipping which is insane.
aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind