The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Touché. Didn't have phones out to take many pictures. I'll take some next weekend at torch lake for you old guys to enjoy.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Touché. Didn't have phones out to take many pictures. I'll take some next weekend at torch lake for you old guys to enjoy.

Nothin personal. It's like internet liar's poker. I believe you probably had some hotties on board stroking your pole. 50/50.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Only the one got on the pole. The rest needed more beer.....and maybe a pill
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 am

I have like 2-3 million girl friends with stingers. They make me stuff to eat. Noms.
13568760_283256365360565_634350678223738683_o.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am

LASIK is totally worth it if anyone is thinking about doing it. Had it done yesterday and today I have 20/15 vision in both eyes.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:49 am

Olly wrote:LASIK is totally worth it if anyone is thinking about doing it. Had it done yesterday and today I have 20/15 vision in both eyes.

Agree 100%. I had it a few years ago. A pretty good chance your vision will slip. I had one touch up and am currently about 20/25 in my right eye and about 20/40 in the left, but that is on purpose so I don't need reading glass. It's a bit weird, but I read with my left eye and see things at a distance with my right. I did get a pair of glasses for when I really need to see very well like last year when I went diver duck hunting for the first time so I could try to tell the differences between species I had never shot before or reading text at the margin of my vision like driving at night trying to read street signs.

I really think you will be happy. For me the weird thing was for awhile every time I woke up in the middle of the night and could read my alarm clock clearly I thought I had forgot to take out my contacts. I hadn't been able to read my alarm clock since about 5th grade.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:LASIK is totally worth it if anyone is thinking about doing it. Had it done yesterday and today I have 20/15 vision in both eyes.

Agree 100%. I had it a few years ago. A pretty good chance your vision will slip. I had one touch up and am currently about 20/25 in my right eye and about 20/40 in the left, but that is on purpose so I don't need reading glass. It's a bit weird, but I read with my left eye and see things at a distance with my right. I did get a pair of glasses for when I really need to see very well like last year when I went diver duck hunting for the first time so I could try to tell the differences between species I had never shot before or reading text at the margin of my vision like driving at night trying to read street signs.

I really think you will be happy. For me the weird thing was for awhile every time I woke up in the middle of the night and could read my alarm clock clearly I thought I had forgot to take out my contacts. I hadn't been able to read my alarm clock since about 5th grade.

I had mine done at Kessler Air Force Base and the doctors there are able to employee newer techniques then what the FDA approves for civilians and the surgeon told us that we'd be getting a new type of cut to the flap that's in testing and that we could expect 15-20 years without our eye sight slipping.

Some of the people in the group I was in chose to have PRK done but I went with the new LASIK technique and I am very happy I did.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:35 am

Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I had mine done at Kessler Air Force Base and the doctors there are able to employee newer techniques then what the FDA approves for civilians and the surgeon told us that we'd be getting a new type of cut to the flap that's in testing and that we could expect 15-20 years without our eye sight slipping.

Some of the people in the group I was in chose to have PRK done but I went with the new LASIK technique and I am very happy I did.

Screw PRK if you don't need it. The pain and recovery are worse from what I had vs my buddy, and what the doctors told me.

Holy hell did my eyes hurt after the surgery tho. We had an hour car ride home and when I got home it F'n sucked. Luckily my gf gave me a pill to knock me out, and when I woke up in 5 hours they were a million times better. I'm completely happy that I got it done
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Deltaman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:50 am

Been toying with the idea of Lasik myself. Friggin glasses in rain, fog, and boat spray makes wearing them a PIA. On the other hand, I have had friends who've had their vision corrected (but unsure which procedure they used), tell me that night vision can take a hit, especially with halos on lights. Perhaps because they had it done a few years ago, and maybe the techniques have changed. Anybody here that has had it done notice any negatives?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:39 am

I had Lasik in 1994 in Montreal. They were using technology that was not yet approved in the US. I went from 20/800 in both eyes to 20/15 in both eyes. Severe astigmatism was also corrected in both eyes. I was told that because I was 40 I would need reading glasses right away. Still reading 405 books a week and no reading glasses. I was told last year I have cataracts and someday will need those fixed, but right now life is good!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 am

Deltaman wrote:Been toying with the idea of Lasik myself. Friggin glasses in rain, fog, and boat spray makes wearing them a PIA. On the other hand, I have had friends who've had their vision corrected (but unsure which procedure they used), tell me that night vision can take a hit, especially with halos on lights. Perhaps because they had it done a few years ago, and maybe the techniques have changed. Anybody here that has had it done notice any negatives?

That's what I've heard, and know two people who have had it done and have issues with driving at night. I'd like to have it done, just uneasy about pulling the trigger based on the feedback of folks I know who have done it.

Not saying I don't know folks who are happy years later, but I also know some that have issues and I'm not sure I want to roll the dice. My contacts are cheap, and I can wear them for a week straight. My one concern is the thought of one day being in a situation where I can't get contacts anymore and being blind.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:25 am

Deltaman wrote:Been toying with the idea of Lasik myself. Friggin glasses in rain, fog, and boat spray makes wearing them a PIA. On the other hand, I have had friends who've had their vision corrected (but unsure which procedure they used), tell me that night vision can take a hit, especially with halos on lights. Perhaps because they had it done a few years ago, and maybe the techniques have changed. Anybody here that has had it done notice any negatives?

My eyes are still recovering I have a little haze at night right now. The doc said that it will go away within a week. I will let you know!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:29 am

Botiz630 wrote: My one concern is the thought of one day being in a situation where I can't get contacts anymore and being blind.

Sounds kind of silly but like 5% of my reasoning was what if SHTF and I couldn't see anymore... and I'm not talking some zombie apocalypse fantasy I mean like if a natural disaster or something happened.

The reason I chose to have it done was #1 is was "free" to me and #2 for logistics of needing glasses or contacts all the time. Now I can totally just forget about it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:18 am

Olly wrote:#2 for logistics of needing glasses or contacts all the time.

I think that should be the big factor for most. How bad is your sight. Are you fucked if you lose your glasses or contacts for some reason. For me, I was totally screwed. Swimming, being up late and the contacts getting dry, etc. I had to have contacts or glasses from the time I woke up until I went to sleep no matter what. Lots of hassles to do a lot of things I liked to do. No more hassles.
SpinnerMan

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:25 am

Yeah I don't see well enough that I could still function without corrective lenses of some sort. That's the only reason I'm really considering it because the contacts I wear are great. I never worry about them for a week at a time.

But if something happened and I had to live with no more contacts, I'm screwed.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Olly wrote:

My eyes are still recovering I have a little haze at night right now. The doc said that it will go away within a week. I will let you know!

I think it's more you just get accustomed to it. I never really had it bad. It looked like digitalised haze for me, but I had the bladeless done where to cut the flap they hit your eye a billion times with two lasers and where they cross makes the cut
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Goldfish wrote:
Olly wrote:

I think it's more you just get accustomed to it. I never really had it bad. It looked like digitalised haze for me, but I had the bladeless done where to cut the flap they hit your eye a billion times with two lasers and where they cross makes the cut

Mine was all laser too and he said the light blurs and stars will def go away... I was really concerned about it because of early morning hunting and fishing. I don't want my night vision fucked up.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:Stay out of California, it's literally the worst.

I hear ya man, but the choices are kinda limited for this new rank that I'm in. Only about 20 spots to choose from, I want the west coast I know that much. Coos Bay, OR is my #1 that I know will be open for sure at this point.

Red will take you on a hunt and the next think you know, you and Woody will have the extended families of their extended families hunting his spots. I think you should probably ask someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby Olly » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:02 pm

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

I hear ya man, but the choices are kinda limited for this new rank that I'm in. Only about 20 spots to choose from, I want the west coast I know that much. Coos Bay, OR is my #1 that I know will be open for sure at this point.

Red will take you on a hunt and the next think you know, you and Woody will have the extended families of their extended families hunting his spots. I think you should probably ask someone else.

LOL what?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Olly wrote:
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

LOL what?

Woody can fill you in.

WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby Woody » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Olly was there. Maybe he can fill you in on how wrong that rumor is.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:15 am

:violin:
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:59 am

I'm no longer confused.

Only little girls spread rumors behind someone's back, and only jerks try and claim an entire bay that is over 100+ acres as their "spot" when they aren't even in the U.P. hunting that day...
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby team216 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:12 am

Well I got my grass swatch from j stern. I think it's easy for my girlfriend to pick where to eat for dinner than it is for me to pick colors. And then how much of each color.
I'm sitting on the roof at work looking at one of the spots I hunt.
team216

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:01 am

Olly wrote:I'm no longer confused.

Only little girls spread rumors behind someone's back, and only jerks try and claim an entire bay that is over 100+ acres as their "spot" when they aren't even in the U.P. hunting that day...

For many many years "the whole damned lake" was my spot. Then one day some doofus from Louisiana went and got famous, started a TV show where his wife and family did all sorts of funny antics like "washing the warm out of his socks", here we are and I have to share my fucking lake with a bunch of idiots who think they can wander in at 5 minutes b4 shooting time and kill limits of killdeer that they think are ducks.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm

team216 wrote:Well I got my grass swatch from j stern. I think it's easy for my girlfriend to pick where to eat for dinner than it is for me to pick colors. And then how much of each color.

Pick 3 different colors and then it'll blend into everything.

Or stand out everywhere. One or the other. No big deal tho lol
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:52 am

Goldfish wrote:
team216 wrote:Well I got my grass swatch from j stern. I think it's easy for my girlfriend to pick where to eat for dinner than it is for me to pick colors. And then how much of each color.

I'm in the camouflage for ducks is more about staying totally still than blending in camp. I've had ducks land in the decoys when I was standing up bored in the boat blind but just being very still.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby team216 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:00 am

Olly wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

I'm in the camouflage for ducks is more about staying totally still than blending in camp. I've had ducks land in the decoys when I was standing up bored in the boat blind but just being very still.

Good point, I think what was holding me up was the change in seasons. Going from 85 degrees everything's green and lively to finishing at usually single digit Temps and everything I dead and depressing. I guess I wasn't so much hung up on color but how many pounds of each.
I ended up going with colors that will blend a decent everywhere. Now to get to work on the blind.
team216

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Torch lake this past weekend.
IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:22 pm

I love trashy girls.
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind