Cut It Pretty Close

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Cut It Pretty Close

Postby PorkChop » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:00 pm

When it comes to work I am one of those guys that 99.9% of the time does not make mistakes and if I do I catch them pretty quick. Well today I had to switch tanks. I purposely shut the clean oil line going into one tank and left the other one for the new tank closed for a little bit. I do this so the oil dump in the treater rises and when I open the new tank up I can see the oil going in there. Having real thick oil sometimes it’s hard to tell. Anyways this process can take some time if no oil is coming into the treater. So I will typically go check some other things and come back. well today I forgot to go back. About an hour ago when I was doing my paperwork I remembered I did not open the valve. Thank God I got there in time before the oil got into the gas lines and into the burner. That would’ve been a big problem. Oil and fire don’t typically mix well. All is good but it was a tense 25 minutes of driving. Had I not thought about it tonight I would’ve either been called sooner than later by the fire department or I would’ve had a hell of a mess in the morning. Never a good feeling when you know you screwed up!
PorkChop

Re: Cut It Pretty Close

Postby plainsman » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:12 pm

have you ever run boilers....?...no screwing up there
plainsman

Postby PorkChop » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:26 pm

Nope
PorkChop

Postby 5 stand » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:12 pm

You're one of the good guys pork chop... I would hire you in a minute...
You do the whole day all over again before you put yourself to bed... :thumbsup:
5 stand

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:52 am

Ut, oh! Reads like dementia is setting in, best put your affairs in order so Biden doesn't get everything.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:11 am

I went hunting in a pit.
When we got to the farm I figured I'd let the dog out of the truck. What dog!?!
He got left in the tent at the wma. With all the shooting I'm lucky he didn't tear the tent down.
I raced to go get him that day.
I know the feeling.
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:40 am

5 stand wrote:You're one of the good guys pork chop... I would hire you in a minute...
You do the whole day all over again before you put yourself to bed... :thumbsup:

Thank you!
PorkChop

Postby PorkChop » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:42 am

Rick wrote:Ut, oh! Reads like dementia is setting in, best put your affairs in order so Biden doesn't get everything.

Ha ha you could be right! After thinking about it I know what the distracting factor was. Just thankful that while going through my books I realized what I failed to do and was able to correct it before a catastrophe!
PorkChop

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:23 am

No foolin'.
Rick

Return to The Blind