The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby LaFlamaBlanca » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:54 pm

firstflight wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
firstflight wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:What's wrong with this world where you need a 4 year degree to design clothes. The college system is all just a money racket to screw people before they can even get a life started.

What's even better is a 4 year degree don't mean ****. Everybody has one and it's almost worthless. That's why I'm going to grad school. Way more opportunities even in something as specialized as the poultry industry.

KFC takes talent not that much of an education needed to cook chicken . Just sayin .

Hahahahaha I won't be working for the Colonel.

Just a joke but you know how many kids go to College to work fast food .

I know people talk about those with a college degree working fast food or not being able to find a job but the fact is the unemployment rate for people with a bachelor's degree is almost half as much as those with only a high school diploma. All of my friends with degrees were able to find pretty decent jobs soon after graduating.
LaFlamaBlanca

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:59 pm

LaFlamaBlanca wrote:
I know people talk about those with a college degree working fast food or not being able to find a job but the fact is the unemployment rate for people with a bachelor's degree is almost half as much as those with only a high school diploma. All of my friends with degrees were able to find pretty decent jobs soon after graduating.

You should be praising HS dropouts, defending them will make you a lot of money one day.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 pm

bill herian wrote:I don't enjoy college.

If I recall correctly I believe you said something along the lines of not being able to wait to go back to school. In reference to fishing, that is.
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:40 pm

School sucks!
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:34 pm

I have a client that has built a $50,000,000.00 net worth, starting from $0.00 in 30 years, as a Dairy Farmer. I defy you to find me a job/career that requires a greater time commitment.
He's done it during a period of time where the number of dairies in the US has dropped from 485,000 to 44,000 - so during a time where 90+% of his peers have gone out of business.

You know what he credits his success to?? Being to stupid to quit.
He spent 2 days at The University of Wisconsin with plans to study engineering and quit to start a farm.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I have a client that has built a $50,000,000.00 net worth, starting from $0.00 in 30 years, as a Dairy Farmer. I defy you to find me a job/career that requires a greater time commitment.
He's done it during a period of time where the number of dairies in the US has dropped from 485,000 to 44,000 - so during a time where 90+% of his peers have gone out of business.

You know what he credits his success to?? Being to stupid to quit.
He spent 2 days at The University of Wisconsin with plans to study engineering and quit to start a farm.

That man was born with something called common sense. Can't learn that in any school.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:01 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:He's done it during a period of time where the number of dairies in the US has dropped from 485,000 to 44,000 - so during a time where 90+% of his peers have gone out of business.

This is what I credit his success to. Look how much his market share increased over the time he's been in business.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Simple thing to do....everyone is exiting and failing and he is succeeding. Why??

FYI, there are just as many cows as there were 30 years ago, just less farmers....so the marketshare theory is bunk
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:32 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Simple thing to do....everyone is exiting and failing and he is succeeding. Why??

FYI, there are just as many cows as there were 30 years ago, just less farmers....so the marketshare theory is bunk

Fewer farmers, same amount of cows. Means he's got more cows than he used to have.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 pm

He had zero to start...how do you pull yourself up out of nothing in an industry that 90% of the people are failing in??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:52 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:He had zero to start...how do you pull yourself up out of nothing in an industry that 90% of the people are failing in??

He must be the best dairy farmer around by god. That or the milk processing companies bullied his competitors to the point that they went out of business.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:59 pm

I think, that it's quite possible that you have shit for brains.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I think, that it's quite possible that you have shit for brains.

I think it's quite possible that this guy is your daddy or you wouldn't be getting so defensive.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Nope. Just a ton of respect for a guy who gets up and kicks ass every day.
Should have known better than to try and have a discussion with a minion.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Honestly dan I would probably blame the volatility in milk prices and the high feed costs for most of his competitors going out of business. But if you look at statistics, when the other farms went under other farmers absorbed their herds thus exponentially increasing the size of their operations.
I'm going to say your daddy friend probably has his own source of feed at a much cheaper cost and that's how he stays in business.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:15 pm

A minion?
Like...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413335735.726049.jpg

Ha.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Gosh. The answer is so obvious, why didn't the 450,000 guys who failed think of that???

I could give you $1,000,000 dollars & a 300 cow dairy farm and you'd be flat broke in 6 months or less.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby LaFlamaBlanca » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Olly wrote:
LaFlamaBlanca wrote:

You should be praising HS dropouts, defending them will make you a lot of money one day.

I like to think of it as protecting their rights
LaFlamaBlanca

Postby Woody » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Gosh. The answer is so obvious, why didn't the 450,000 guys who failed think of that???

I could give you $1,000,000 dollars & a 300 cow dairy farm and you'd be flat broke in 6 months or less.

Was hard work and dedication the answer, Dan?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Yeah, and a fair amount of foresight, calculated risk taking and a healthy dose of luck.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Oh, and a fair amount of humility too...$50mil net worth and he drives a 2004 Chevy 3/4 ton with 280k miles on it.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:55 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Yeah, and a fair amount of foresight, calculated risk taking and a healthy dose of luck.

Oh so the same answer to just about every successful start up.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Sure. It's just that simple.

I'm sitting here now trying to figure out why every single one of us doesn't quit our jobs tomorrow and go start farming. It's easy and the upside potential is virtually unlimited.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Sure. It's just that simple.

I'm sitting here now trying to figure out why every single one of us doesn't quit our jobs tomorrow and go start farming. It's easy and the upside potential is virtually unlimited.

Risky business. That's my guess.
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm in!!! Just need a tractor and a couple hundred acres. You think 2 mill will be enough?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:18 pm

No
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:No

5 mil???
That's all I have in my bank...
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

What crops do you want to grow??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:26 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:What crops do you want to grow??

Ones that are gonna make all the money. Sounds like it's easy.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm

If I could I would. My long term goal is to make enough money in the poultry business to tell the to stick it and buy a farm then spend the rest of my life working a farm. Serious as a heart attack, been my dream since I was a kid to own my own farm.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind