The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Woody wrote:
What does recognizing them as people do for the dolphins?

Whoa slow down there. I never once said I was in favor or even believed in that stuff. I just said I read something on it a few years ago that was interesting.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Olly wrote:should be considered persons and have all the protections that come with it.

Olly, I think this is were our trains of thought separated. I see people as having more than the abstract rights that you are talking about. But some of those rights come with expectations and responsibilities.

Granted my blinders were on and kept arguing after you quoted the declaration and at which point I should have read a little and taken sometime to reflect and really figure out what they meant by their statement. I will concede that what Jefferson wrote probably meant what you are saying. And maybe I just think that "human rights" expand past those simple thoughts.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

Whoa slow down there. I never once said I was in favor or even believed in that stuff. I just said I read something on it a few years ago that was interesting.

That doesn't change the question. replace dolphins with people. What do these abstract rights do for you?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

That doesn't change the question. replace dolphins with people. What do these abstract rights do for you?

They don't do anything for me. I'm not a non human person :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Jefferson's "original Rough draught" is on exhibit in the Library of Congress.[4] This version was used by Julian Boyd to
create a transcript of Jefferson's draft,[5] which reads:

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

The Committee of Five edited Jefferson's draft. Their version survived further edits by the whole Congress intact, and reads:[6]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ——

Jefferson clearly meant what you are saying, yet they changed the wording for a some reason.
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Woody wrote:
Jefferson's "original Rough draught" is on exhibit in the Library of Congress.[4] This version was used by Julian Boyd to
create a transcript of Jefferson's draft,[5] which reads:

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

The Committee of Five edited Jefferson's draft. Their version survived further edits by the whole Congress intact, and reads:[6]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ——

Jefferson clearly meant what you are saying, yet they changed the wording for a some reason.

They changed the wording to ambiguously exclude slaves. At the time the Continental congress was already administrating a war with England (that they were losing) and didn't feel like it was the right time to tackle the issue of slavery. If they had included slaves specifically then a lot of the colonies would have pulled their support of the war.

I've read all of the surviving drafts that Jefferson wrote and they changed a lot of stuff. It took them 4 days of debating to get to what we now know as the Declaration of Independence.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:56 pm

@woody

In an effort to be a fair man I will concede that despite the Declaration of Independent the 5th Amendment says

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

So will I still maintain that no one can take away your inherent rights the constitution does make provisions for dealing with things like the death penalty. If you want to understand that has removing someone's rights then there is your proof.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Olly wrote:@woody

In an effort to be a fair man I will concede that despite the Declaration of Independent the 5th Amendment says

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

So will I still maintain that no one can take away your inherent rights the constitution does make provisions for dealing with things like the death penalty. If you want to understand that has removing someone's rights then there is your proof.

Yeah, but that is not included as an inherent right endowed by your creator. That is not one that would be granted to non-human people, by the definition you gave. So, there would be no expectation of responsibility on them. i have no problem admitting I was wrong.
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 pm

We can agree that everyone on earth is born with certain rights and being American and having the Bill of Rights protects those rights for you thus making America the best damn country of all time!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 pm

:beer:
Woody

Postby Flyway Stalker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm desperate.
I would greatly appreciate it if any of the believers out there could take a few seconds to include my younger brother in their prayers. He has been in ICU heavely sedated and on a ventilator with bacterial spinal meningitis since Saturday due to some complications from a back surgery, and is looking at another surgery tomorrow to try and close up the point where he is leaking spinal fluid.
Don't mean to be a downer, I'm just deperate because he is my only sibling.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm desperate.
I would greatly appreciate it if any of the believers out there could take a few seconds to include my younger brother in their prayers. He has been in ICU heavely sedated and on a ventilator with bacterial spinal meningitis since Saturday due to some complications from a back surgery, and is looking at another surgery tomorrow to try and close up the point where he is leaking spinal fluid.

Prayers coming his way man. Keep us updated
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:41 pm

ffs. Thread killers
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:42 pm

That post was definitely NOT directed at you Flyway. Will keep him in my thoughts that he recovers quickly.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Prayers sent FS!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm desperate.

Prayers on the way.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Olly wrote:We can agree that everyone on earth is born with certain rights and being American and having the Bill of Rights protects those rights for you thus making America the best damn country of all time!

Except the bill of rights doesn't mean shit sometimes. At least that's the new trend. Nothing like constitution free zones to bring a great country to its knees.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Are we done arguing in here?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Goldfish wrote:Are we done arguing in here?

Don't take it so serious :lol: we were having a debate, always good to have a little fun with a debate.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Debates aren't always fun. Try having them with liberal bitches on a college campus.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Debates aren't always fun. Try having them with liberal bitches on a college campus.

That's the best kind.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Debates aren't always fun. Try having them with liberal bitches on a college campus.

That's the best kind.

About 2 minutes in the argument goes away. I'm trying to keep shit on topic but their end is nothing but personal attacks. I've quit trying anymore. Not worth my time.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Prayers sent, Stalker.
Woody

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Absolutely.
Rick

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:29 pm

The boredom is setting in something heavy... Especially since I just had to pass on an Arkansas trip
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Flightstopper wrote:The boredom is setting in something heavy... Especially since I just had to pass on an Arkansas trip

I'm fucking bored out of my mind.
On a plus side, water opened up the past few days and not liking like it should freeze back up anytime soon. Looks like I might get one more weekend of hunting in during the late split next weekend.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Ducks all over the middle part of the state right now
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:35 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:The boredom is setting in something heavy... Especially since I just had to pass on an Arkansas trip

I'm fucking bored out of my mind.
On a plus side, water opened up the past few days and not liking like it should freeze back up anytime soon. Looks like I might get one more weekend of hunting in during the late split next weekend.

Yeah, it's looking promising that I might get to lay in the boat for a few hours watching clouds go by.
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Ducks all over the middle part of the state right now

Ducks as in mallards or divers?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Ducks all over the middle part of the state right now

Really there are absolutely none here.

Divers or puddle?
Woody

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind