The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 pm

I miss hills and mountains.

Well, at least until I start walking up one :shock:

Then I remember how I need to get my ass back in shape :cry:
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:50 pm

I miss flat land and the pleasant temps of summer. 19 degrees when I left the house this morning.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:12 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:I miss flat land and the pleasant temps of summer. 19 degrees when I left the house this morning.

It was high 60's when I got home last night. I had to turn on the A/C.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I miss flat land and the pleasant temps of summer. 19 degrees when I left the house this morning.

It was high 60's when I got home last night. I had to turn on the A/C.

I would have been cranking up the heater. :lol: 70 is about the minimum it gets in my house.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm a 4 seasons guy. I really enjoy having all 4 season, but the summers are too short and the winters too long here.

I'm bummed that I lost my late season goose hunting place. I need to find another one, but one thing I'm getting tired of is living too close to a major city where finding a place to hunt is a major task.

Oh and it will be -8 when I leave for work tomorrow. It was a tolerable 12 or so this morning.

I hope to get out for my last chance archery hunt this weekend when it is a balmy 30+.
SpinnerMan

Postby Throbbin Rods » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Goldfish wrote:So, my dad went to the emergency room Sunday for heart complications. He didn't want someone to call me so I didn't leave work tho (thanks dad...). Turns out he's going to have to have quintuple bypass surgery (all five of the veins that go to the heart). He's holed up at the doctors, and nothing out of the norm right now. The surgery isn't something to take lightly, but it isn't something that isn't done regularly here and overall my dad isn't in bad shape (outside his veins being plugged I guess). They are going to do the surgery either tomorrow or the next day, just depends on when they can fit him in because it's a 4 or 5 hour surgery.

Your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:32 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Shouldn't have gotten to class so early today. At least that won't be a problem for the next two. 15 minutes to navigate a mile across campus.

Plenty of time
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:49 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Shouldn't have gotten to class so early today. At least that won't be a problem for the next two. 15 minutes to navigate a mile across campus.

Plenty of time

Until the professor runs 10 minutes long :shock:

I had that problem once. After the first week, I went home and got my 10 speed (that term isn't used any more) and then hauled ass across campus.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:55 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Plenty of time

I had that problem once. After the first week, I went home and got my 10 speed (that term isn't used any more) and then hauled ass across campus.

Walk out. I've never had a professor go long. They are almost always late to class though.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421156101.771676.jpg

Oh man, it's cold up there.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Yah. The snow was pretty squeaky
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

I'm a 4 seasons guy. I really enjoy having all 4 season, but the summers are too short and the winters too long here.

I'm bummed that I lost my late season goose hunting place. I need to find another one, but one thing I'm getting tired of is living too close to a major city where finding a place to hunt is a major task.

Oh and it will be -8 when I leave for work tomorrow. It was a tolerable 12 or so this morning.

I hope to get out for my last chance archery hunt this weekend when it is a balmy 30+.

Not me, pure summer is awful. I hate being hot.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:06 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Plenty of time

Walk out. I've never had a professor go long. They are almost always late to class though.

Not an option since the class was in my major and it was a professor I needed to stay on the good side. Plus I was going to a PE class. Only class I ever took with my brother and he got a better grade because I was late a few times :lol:

I had one professor that always showed up late and then always went long. So long that sometimes a number of us would have to get up and leave because we were going to be late for a class about 2 doors down the haul :shock: She had other problems. She didn't last long as a professor.

The first guy was just young and enthusiastic.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Archer season 6 has started. That is all.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:15 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Plenty of time

Yep. That's a real threat with some of my teachers this semester.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Not me, pure summer is awful. I hate being hot.

Stay out of the heat during the day and spend the night/early morning on the water :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:49 am

You guys 'member when I said we were hunting a raft of 20k Cans 2 weeks ago across from Detroit on the Ontario side????

Yeah. This is from Monday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421243366.069412.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby sws002 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:21 am

Saw that on the BookFace, fucking incredible
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Flyway Stalker » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Thats amazing!
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:00 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:You guys 'member when I said we were hunting a raft of 20k Cans 2 weeks ago across from Detroit on the Ontario side????

Yeah. This is from Monday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421243366.069412.jpg

Damn that's a big bunch of birds.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:29 pm

My life so far.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:43 am

Olly wrote:My life so far.

End another relationship?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Nope just thought that was funny
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:54 am

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Nope just thought that was funny

Oh good.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:12 pm

@flintriverfowler you hunting on Saturday? Should I bring my stuff home?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Olly wrote:@flintriverfowler you hunting on Saturday? Should I bring my stuff home?

Headed to New Orleans this weekend.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Oh Yea
Olly
WFF Administrator

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Anybody seen this? Don't think it's been out there 100 years but it's a damn cool find.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/nevada ... index.html

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Anybody seen this? Don't think it's been out there 100 years but it's a damn cool find.

Why not? I net it could easily have been out there that long. Easy.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Anybody seen this? Don't think it's been out there 100 years but it's a damn cool find.

Why not? I net it could easily have been out there that long. Easy.

To nice of shape. One of my truck guns is my great grandfathers Remington Sportmaster. It had been sitting in a barn for 20 years before I found it and it looks worse than that gun does.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind