The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Bufflehead » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:38 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Bufflehead wrote:Think we disturbed this guys nap. First one I have ever seen along this canal.

203.JPG

He looks big enough to shoot
The wildlife commission had talked about a season here a couple years ago but I don't think anything will ever come of it.
Bufflehead

Postby Goldfish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:53 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Anybody hear about the cops getting shot in ferguson?

Heard about it. Haven't bothered to read up about it
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Goldfish wrote:

Heard about it. Haven't bothered to read up about it

I haven't either other than what I saw on cnn while flipping through. Fucking channel was just making the cops look like (you cant say that here) oppressors so I kept flipping.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:57 am

Yes. The whole situation pisses me off.

The first black President and the black Attorney General are going to be as good for black people as all the great politician in Detroit have been for the last few generations.

These people are just really fucking retard or fucking evil. By defending a black man just because he was black when they knew right away that he attacked the cop, letting the lie go forward that he was executed while he had his hands up by a racist cop, and then labeling the cops racist while brushing off the fact that he didn't surrender to the cop but was charging him when killed, what else would happen. What would you do if cops were executing innocent people in your neighborhood?
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:I haven't either other than what I saw on cnn while flipping through. Fucking channel was just making the cops look like (deleted) oppressors so I kept flipping.

Quite surprisingly, I catch myself watching CNN more than Fox these days and find it much more balanced than in the past. They've not been shy about interviewing folks who think the AG was worse than negligent, if not complicit in these latest shooting, in not pointing out that the initial shooting didn't just fail to meet the standards for federal prosecution but was found legitimate.

Made the deletion in your quote because this white guy found it offensive. Your stock's gone down with me. Nobody's swimming back to anywhere, with or without anyone on their back, so we'd be best off looking for ways to get over that crap.
Rick

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:08 am

No cable based new is worth watching. Local access news is the best way to find out a more truthful non political story.

Usually I will see a story on the national news then track it back to the journalist that first reported it locally. That way I don't read any of the major media's bias spin on it. Fox and MSNBC are the worst as the bias spin to either the right or left.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:15 am

Olly wrote:No cable based new is worth watching. Local access news is the best way to find out a more truthful non political story.

Usually I will see a story on the national news then track it back to the journalist that first reported it locally. That way I don't read any of the major media's bias spin on it. Fox and MSNBC are the worst as the bias spin to either the right or left.

I tend to take a bit of a different tact.

If I can find where the New York Times or some other left leaning news source includes something in their story that is unfavorable to the leftist or Democrat world view, I tend to believe it. Same for something unfavorable to the establishment Republicans, etc. Find a news source that would really rather not say it and you have more confidence that they did their due diligence and were forced to say it just to try and maintain the pretense of serious honest journalism.

Clear open bias is a good thing. I'd rather have one open lefty and one open righty reporting their own versions of the news than to have people lying, probably to themselves, about pretending to be neutral. You pretty much have to be brain dead to be neutral.

Fair and balanced does not mean unbiased. However, I can't stand any of them because I think they are all not very bright. In the morning, I usually get on the bike at the gym for 45 minutes. I flip between CNN, MSNBC, FNC, and occasionally a local news cast and if everything else is in commercials the Today show. While they all annoy me, getting all the different spins is probably the best you can really hope for and then follow up online if it is something that really interests me.

For example, what did Jeb do with his emails. I found a story on CNN. What did Hillary do, I'm going to the NYT and similar outlets.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:27 am

If there isn't more to this story and the guy didn't assult anyone then I hope this couple get all they're suring for.

http://www.wtae.com/news/couple-sues-re ... t/31757778

PITTSBURGH —A man and his fiancee have sued Rent-A-Center and a western Pennsylvania police department claiming he was wrongly arrested because company employees falsely said he had a gun when they came to repossess furniture.

Sheppard and Sade Fallin say the Rent-A-Center workers went to their home in Wilkinsburg, near Pittsburgh, on Dec. 27 to repossess a bed and refrigerator after the couple missed a payment. The couple contends they owed less than $200, missed the payment only because she gave birth to their child days before and already had a court date scheduled to resolve the matter when Rent-A-Center workers arrived.

During the confrontation, the workers called police claiming Sheppard had a gun, and he was arrested and jailed for five days on charges of simple assault, reckless endangerment, obstructing law enforcement and disorderly conduct, the lawsuit and online court records show.

The couple said the workers removed all the food from their refrigerator and left it on their kitchen floor, and that police broke down both exterior doors, leaving them with no way to secure the residence. As a result, Fallin said she spent a couple of days in a motel until she could find somewhere else to stay with the newborn and another child, who was about 18 months old.

"On top of all that, the police threatened to take the kids away if they didn't tell them where this fictional gun was at," their attorney Timothy O'Brien said Thursday.

Sheppard was released after Fallin posted his bail, and the charges were dismissed after Rent-A-Center workers didn't show up to testify at three court hearings, Sheppard said at his attorney's office Thursday. Online court documents confirm the charges were dismissed Feb. 12 after preliminary hearings were twice postponed in January.

"After searching the premises for an hour and not finding a weapon, police should have known there were a whole host of criminal charges filed that had no basis," O'Brien said.

The information from the Rent-A-Center employees "was not truthful, and that results in malicious prosecution," O'Brien said.

Wilkinsburg solicitor Michael Witherel declined comment, saying he'll turn the matter over to the borough's insurance carrier.

Xavier Dominicis, the vice president of public affairs for Plano, Texas-based Rent-A-Center, said the company doesn't comment on litigation.

"But, broadly speaking, we do have rigorous internal guidelines involving our co-worker interactions with customers and we take seriously any claims that suggest otherwise," Dominicis said.

O'Brien said it was illegal for police to arrest Sheppard - let alone enter the home and help the Rent-A-Center workers get in to remove the furniture.

"While the police can respond to a citizen complaint of someone having a gun, that does not justify or authorize them to break into somebody's residence without a warrant," O'Brien said.

"Honestly, my whole concern from the whole thing was, not only did they accuse me for having a weapon, which I didn't ... they left all of my food on my kitchen floor to rot," Sheppard said.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:29 am

Of course they were giant dumbasses for going to rent-a-center to begin with.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

Rick wrote:Made the deletion in your quote because this white guy found it offensive. Your stock's gone down with me. Nobody's swimming back to anywhere, with or without anyone on their back, so we'd be best off looking for ways to get over that crap.

I'm sorry to have offended you Rick. I was sent to a pretty bad state of mind when I saw how they were reacting to what had happened. The guy that caused it was saying how the cops deserved it and that Brown should be alive, not the cop that died.

Sorry Olly, won't happen again.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Olly wrote:If there isn't more to this story and the guy didn't assult anyone then I hope this couple get all they're suring for.

They should sue the police as well.

As reported. They just arrested someone because someone else said so. That's it. No actual fucking proof. Even if the couple had a gun in the house. That is still not proof a crime was committed. Everyone on this site probably has a gun in their house. So we'd have been screwed and got convicted just because we were accused of this crime by some dumbass.

I know the bar is low for probable cause, but it should be more than some guy said so. A little actual proof might be nice before they start kicking down doors and hauling people off to jail.

The lack of a gun is as much proof that the guy made false accusation as finding a gun would have been proof they committed a crime. I guess they should throw his ass in jail :roll:

This is fucked up turning people's lives upside down and destroying their property without any proof beyond one person's word.
SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:14 pm

You should see cases where a girl says a man assaulted her. Instant felony and you lose even tho it's he said she said and there's no proof.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Rick » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:24 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Rick wrote:Made the deletion in your quote because this white guy found it offensive. Your stock's gone down with me. Nobody's swimming back to anywhere, with or without anyone on their back, so we'd be best off looking for ways to get over that crap.

I'm sorry to have offended you Rick. I was sent to a pretty bad state of mind when I saw how they were reacting to what had happened. The guy that caused it was saying how the cops deserved it and that Brown should be alive, not the cop that died.

Sorry Olly, won't happen again.

No biggy, I'm way too lazy to carry resentments.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Goldfish wrote:You should see cases where a girl says a man assaulted her. Instant felony and you lose even tho it's he said she said and there's no proof.

Carry cash, its just assumed to be drug money if it is over a certain amount.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/instituteforjustice/2014/03/12/cops-use-traffic-stops-to-seize-millions-from-drivers-never-charged-with-a-crime/

As far as the rape charges, they are really really hard to prove, which means that most rapists will get away with it, but when they don't and you can prove it definitively Image

You want a war on drugs, stupid fucking idea, but OK, if you get caught with a $10k in cash, you keep it and go on your merry way. You get caught with a $10k in drugs Image or life and you help us get the guy that has $100k in drugs and so on up the line.

And if you lie in court and we can prove it, whatever penalty they would have faced, that is what you face. If we don't figure it out until afterwards, well you get double what they go and they get to take $5k of your stuff for every day they spent in jail. Granted, most of those losers wouldn't have much to take, but if they did.
SpinnerMan

Postby sws002 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Goldfish wrote:You should see cases where a girl says a man assaulted her. Instant felony and you lose even tho it's he said she said and there's no proof.

My buddy had this exact thing happen to him. Crazy bitch, had a bruise where he picked her up and put her on a table (I'll let you figure out why), she claimed assault. He spent a couple days in the clink and was never convicted, but the allegations still show on his record and fuck with him all the time.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Happens in the military ALL THE TIME. I've personally see on two occasions two different females claimed rape even after multiple people came forward in the men's defense. Just no defense against it, our society is built around believing the women.

Oh and each time both the girls were drunk and were asking for it. Regret is what happened to them not rape.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Who's going to win?! The suspense is killing me.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Olly wrote:Happens in the military ALL THE TIME. I've personally see on two occasions two different females claimed rape even after multiple people came forward in the men's defense. Just no defense against it, our society is built around believing the women.

Oh and each time both the girls were drunk and were asking for it. Regret is what happened to them not rape.

Don't fuck drunk chicks.

While it is not right that they should get arrested without solid evidence, there is a simple solution.

Granted it is not an easy solution, especially when you are young and horny.

Seriously, how stupid or desperate do you have to be if it happens all the time?

It kind of like complaining about getting shot by a cop just because you resisted arrest. May not deserve it, but why risk it?
SpinnerMan

Postby DixieDawg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Anybody ever have their wife say something like this to you?
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby flyn88 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:03 pm

DixieDawg wrote:Anybody ever have their wife say something like this to you?

I am not married, but girls don't realize how loud a 40 pound squirrel is in the woods.
flyn88

Postby blockmaker » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Turkey's here are starting to gobble!!! All the rivers are out and they are everywhere. Even saw a strutter this afternoon.
blockmaker

Postby Olly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:02 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask-re ... rched-guns

Police in Beloit are launching a new effort to reduce gun violence in which they're asking city residents to volunteer to have police search their homes for guns.

Police Chief Norm Jacobs said he doesn't expect the phone to be ringing off the hook with requests for police to search their homes. He nevertheless hopes the program will encourage people to think about gun violence as an infectious disease like Ebola, and a home inspection like a vaccine to help build up the city's immune system.

"Gun violence is as serious as the Ebola virus is being represented in the media, and we should fight it using the tools that we've learned from our health providers,” he said.

Jacobs said he hopes some searches will result in the discovery of guns they didn't know were in their own homes. He said that there’s also a chance they’ll find guns linked to crimes.

“That's really what we're looking for,” he said. “Maybe we'll find a toy gun that's been altered by a youngster in the house — and we know the tragedies that can occur there on occasion.”

There have been seven gun homicides in Beloit this year. Four of the victims were teenagers or young men in their 20s — like Melisha Holloway's 20-year-old son Raymond, who was killed in April. Holloway said too many young men have given up on school.

“Pretty much all those kids and young men just need to be is educated,” said Holloway. “You have a lot of them that barely read at a fifth-grade level yet they're 25 year-old-men. But they know how to work a gun. There's something wrong with that picture."

This week, 20-year-old Jajuan Logan was sentenced to 12 years in prison for Holloway's murder.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bufflehead » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Olly wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

Police in Beloit are launching a new effort to reduce gun violence in which they're asking city residents to volunteer to have police search their homes for guns.

Police Chief Norm Jacobs said he doesn't expect the phone to be ringing off the hook with requests for police to search their homes. He nevertheless hopes the program will encourage people to think about gun violence as an infectious disease like Ebola, and a home inspection like a vaccine to help build up the city's immune system.

"Gun violence is as serious as the Ebola virus is being represented in the media, and we should fight it using the tools that we've learned from our health providers,” he said.

Jacobs said he hopes some searches will result in the discovery of guns they didn't know were in their own homes. He said that there’s also a chance they’ll find guns linked to crimes.

“That's really what we're looking for,” he said. “Maybe we'll find a toy gun that's been altered by a youngster in the house — and we know the tragedies that can occur there on occasion.”

There have been seven gun homicides in Beloit this year. Four of the victims were teenagers or young men in their 20s — like Melisha Holloway's 20-year-old son Raymond, who was killed in April. Holloway said too many young men have given up on school.

“Pretty much all those kids and young men just need to be is educated,” said Holloway. “You have a lot of them that barely read at a fifth-grade level yet they're 25 year-old-men. But they know how to work a gun. There's something wrong with that picture."

This week, 20-year-old Jajuan Logan was sentenced to 12 years in prison for Holloway's murder.
wow
Bufflehead

Postby Goldfish » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:58 pm

And just who is she blaming for her kid giving up on school and being an idiot?
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Olly wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

Some people are just instinctively jackasses.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby capt1972 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:21 pm

wow! no posts in almost 24hrs.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby blockmaker » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:10 pm

I can't even get them fired up about turkey season right around the corner!
blockmaker

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Well looks like some no good mother fucker stole one of our calves. At damn near $500 apiece it was bound to happen at some point. Didn't think they'd steal it from the backyard though.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby flyn88 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Had some warm weather for a change. Starting to get into summer projects.
flyn88

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 pm

flyn88 wrote:Had some warm weather for a change. Starting to get into summer projects.

70 has felt great for a change. Can't wait for it to keep warning up.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind