Random Pictures

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Random Pictures

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:09 pm

aunt betty wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:There are only two people on this site who are smaller than me. (so far)
My boat goes really fast because of this fact.
I always win the boat race to my timber hole. Have won it so many times nobody even tries for it anymore.

Your motor is too small if you're worried about the weight of 1 passsnger

No shit Sherlock. :)

You spelled passenger wrong.

15 horse.
I travel fast and light...if you'd come and see you'd understand why. In groups I'm the runner and they all come along at idle speed after I tear up the water getting to the hole.

Ever drive through shallow water with a layer of freshly fallen leaves on the bottom. The second, third, fourth, fifth boats are fucked. You simply HAVE to be first or plan on going slow and fighting cavitation problems.

Freshly fallen leaves on the water cause a problem for you guys? Pussies. Suppose a patch of Lilly pads would end season indefinitely.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:There are only two people on this site who are smaller than me. (so far)
I always win the boat race to my timber hole. Have won it so many times nobody even tries for it anymore.

15 horse.
I travel fast and light...if you'd come and see you'd understand why. In groups I'm the runner and they all come along at idle speed after I tear up the water getting to the hole.

Ever drive through shallow water with a layer of freshly fallen leaves on the bottom. The second, third, fourth, fifth boats are fucked. You simply HAVE to be first or plan on going slow and fighting cavitation problems.

Freshly fallen leaves on the water cause a problem for you guys? Pussies. Suppose a patch of Lilly pads would end season indefinitely.

:lol:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:15 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

15 horse.

Lilly pads do not grow in timber. LEAVES do. Oak leaves and acorns Bubba.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:17 pm

I guess I am, if some fresh leaves stopped my boat motor I'd sell it.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Rawr!
Imagine what my dinosaur junk must look like.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397158254499.jpg[/attachment]

My guess.... Sun cracked mud flaps on a petter built.

I forgot just how bad your spelling was.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Is a glass of wine and a pellet rifle in the back yard irresponsible?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397168388.089433.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:21 pm

WOW!
How did this get by without me noticing it in the puddle duck forum?

I think the quality of the camera is top-notch. Very good video.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:57 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

15 horse.

How much time have you spent following close behind other boats through trashy water? Call me a pussy, but I frigging hate it.
Rick

Postby gila-river » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Redbeard wrote:Is a glass of wine and a pellet rifle in the back yard irresponsible?

Nope. It is relaxation at its finest.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Rick wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

15 horse.

How much time have you spent following close behind other boats through trashy water? Call me a pussy, but I frigging hate it.

Seriously, what do the leaves do? And I can't imagine that a 15 horse is the winner in a refuge boat race.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Rick wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

15 horse.

Sigh, I will try and explain.

When the water is full of trash you're pushing against trash to move. Trash gets in your prop and that causes cavitation (bubbles).
Pushing on bubbles just don't work so you slow your engine to idle, get a bite of some 'clean' water and take off. About the time you really start to plane out...trash, bubbles, repeat.
Had a buddy burn up his 25-horse Evinrude the year before last trying to go through shallow, leaf-filled water. Smoked it.

3leg, if you'd ever drove a boat in late-November in Arkansas flooded timber (shallow water) I would not have to explain.
The water is like leaf soup once the first boat goes thru. At night the leaves all settle on the bottom.
Understand?
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm

I only weigh 150#. That's how I win the races. Them Bubbas I'm racing have two (or more) 250#'ers in the boat.

The hole-shot is everything in them races. Once you're in front you look back and laugh at all the cavitating boats.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38 pm

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397173097730.jpg[/attachment]
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Now do that at night.
aunt betty

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Redbeard wrote:Is a glass of wine and a pellet rifle in the back yard irresponsible?

Yeah - where's the rest of the bottle??
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:

Yeah - where's the rest of the bottle??
gone now
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Dammit Rex and I both named our dogs Charlie. That means that once in our lives we thought alike

I believe there are 4 dogs named Charlie on the site. Mine included

I'll claim #4...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:49 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397184546.257381.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:02 pm

aunt betty wrote:Sigh, I will try and explain.

When the water is full of trash you're pushing against trash to move. Trash gets in your prop and that causes cavitation (bubbles).
Pushing on bubbles just don't work so you slow your engine to idle, get a bite of some 'clean' water and take off. About the time you really start to plane out...trash, bubbles, repeat.
Had a buddy burn up his 25-horse Evinrude the year before last trying to go through shallow, leaf-filled water. Smoked it.

3leg, if you'd ever drove a boat in late-November in Arkansas flooded timber (shallow water) I would not have to explain.
The water is like leaf soup once the first boat goes thru. At night the leaves all settle on the bottom.
Understand?

Sigh, I will now try to explain something for you. I dont have problems with air bubbles or leaves slowing my motor down. You see it was designed for shallow water and will not burn up because of air bubbles or blocked water pick-up tube. I cant imagine that late November Arkansas water is much different than any other part of the country's late November water. Leaf soup does not sound very scary.
Understand? MKay?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:18 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Sigh, I will now try to explain something for you. I dont have problems with air bubbles or leaves slowing my motor down. You see it was designed for shallow water and will not burn up because of air bubbles or blocked water pick-up tube. I cant imagine that late November Arkansas water is much different than any other part of the country's late November water. Leaf soup does not sound very scary.
Understand? MKay?

He's never run a mud motor. I don't think they're popular in the timber holes for some reason.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 pm

Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

He's never run a mud motor. I don't think they're popular in the timber holes for some reason.

I think they are frowned upon. Anytime I've heard mud motors mentioned around Arky guys they get worked up.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:30 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

I think they are frowned upon. Anytime I've heard mud motors mentioned around Arky guys they get worked up.

This is me sticking my bottom lip out and making boohoo sounds.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

Haha. Poor Betty.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

Haha
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby RonE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:37 am

Not at all but that stock on the pellet rifle is a little gay.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:41 am

RonE wrote:

Not at all but that stock on the pellet rifle is a little gay.

It's tactical. Juice Box approved.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby RonE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

AB, is there a horse power restriction in that flooded timber where you hunt? Don't know why I'm thinking that the area is restricted to 25 hp and below. I might be wrong. Most surface drive motors are 35 hp, a few are 27 hp.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 am

Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

I do run both air cooled and closed system mud motors, and whether in a 16hp Go-Devil or 300hp mudboat, cavitation is a PIA.
Last edited by Rick on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:38 am

Olly wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Understand?

Understand? MKay?

Sharp hairpin turns...
Those mud motors have a purpose and running in the woods is not it.
If you want to try...by all means do. Its fun to watch.
aunt betty

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 am

aunt betty wrote:Sharp hairpin turns...
Those mud motors have a purpose and running in the woods is not it.
If you want to try...by all means do. Its fun to watch.

I started watching that video and was wondering to myself "Now, how in the fuck does he do that in the dark?", then I noticed some of your markers. It seems like you're almost running in circles to get out there.
QH's Paw

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind