Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby R. Chapman » Fri May 29, 2015 6:40 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432942799.251868.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432942809.719071.jpg

Old Redding T-6 turret press for $75 at a hock shop.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:25 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433298343.084146.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 pm

What the fuck? 200 bucks for a pair of pants? Fuck that.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:24 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:What the fuck? 200 bucks for a pair of pants? Fuck that.

Buy once cry once. Fucking things are waterproof and insulated plus light weight. It's nice to wear just pants instead of jeans and coveralls when the snow is ass cheek deep. Easier to maneuver over logs and just hike in general.
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:56 am

R. Chapman wrote:

Buy once cry once. Fucking things are waterproof and insulated plus light weight. It's nice to wear just pants instead of jeans and coveralls when the snow is ass cheek deep. Easier to maneuver over logs and just hike in general.

If the snow is ass cheek deep, I'm not going outside
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 am

ohioduck wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

I sure the hell am. I shot a deer when it was -26* with a 30 MPH wind. That was brutally cold.
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

I sure the hell am. I shot a deer when it was -26* with a 30 MPH wind. That was brutally cold.

FUUUUUCCCCKKKK that.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:39 am

ohioduck wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

FUUUUUCCCCKKKK that.

Don't be a bitch. :mrgreen:
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 am

R. Chapman wrote:Don't be a bitch. :mrgreen:

I'ma be a bitch when it's that cold. lol. it probably different if you are stalking a deer, but sitting in a treestand waiting sucks. So I don't go if it's that cold :D
ohioduck

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:49 am

I'm with Rex on this one. I'm thrifty but I will drop big money on quality clothes of it means my comfort level or utility level goes up. Especially ones built for hunting/ outdoors stuff.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 am

Sitka, Gore-TEX, and UnderArmor are the best money can buy you.
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 am

Olly wrote:I'm with Rex on this one. I'm thrifty but I will drop big money on quality clothes of it means my comfort level or utility level goes up. Especially ones built for hunting/ outdoors stuff.

I don't mind buying good clothes/ boots. I just don't like being cold lol. I have a pair of UA wader pants greatest thing ever.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 am

I've already got some Sitka gear like the jet stream hat, kelvin vest, merino zip t, and 2 different pairs of gloves. It definitely keeps me warmer than standard clothing plus it's less layers which means more comfort.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 am

ohioduck wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Truth.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:20 am

Olly wrote:I'm with Rex on this one. I'm thrifty but I will drop big money on quality clothes of it means my comfort level or utility level goes up. Especially ones built for hunting/ outdoors stuff.

When I read utility level I thought of naked and afraid.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:44 am

I'm cheap when it comes to clothes. It is foolish. But at my core I'm a cheap bastard, but I'm working on that.
SpinnerMan

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:14 am

I live by the buy once cry once.
R. Chapman

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:17 am

I tend to not be that smart in this regard and live by the spend little cry often :(

Once you understand what you really need, spending more to get the right thing is just smart. A one time cost seems much more than it really is.
SpinnerMan

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:05 am

SpinnerMan wrote:I tend to not be that smart in this regard and live by the spend little cry often :(

Once you understand what you really need, spending more to get the right thing is just smart. A one time cost seems much more than it really is.

The upfront price is what scares most. Saves money in the long run.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:13 am

R. Chapman wrote:I live by the buy once cry once.

Really is a good lesson you learned early.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:14 am

Except one flaw is that you'll lit grow those pants :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:54 am

Olly wrote:Except one flaw is that you'll lit grow those pants :lol:

I don't think so. I haven't had to change length wise for the last 3 years or so. Just went up an inch or two in waist size.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:13 pm

I live by the skimp on everything to buy more guns policy. Except toilet paper. Never skimp on toilet paper.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ohioduck » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:36 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:I live by the skimp on everything to buy more guns policy. Except toilet paper. Never skimp on toilet paper.

Amen. My mother inlaw bought us a Economy size package of 1 ply tp. I set it all on fire. I like the good quilted stuff.
ohioduck

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:27 pm

I guess if you don't at least take care of your butthole there's no point in living.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Olly wrote:I guess if you don't at least take care of your butthole there's no point in living.

Says the pirate. LOL.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:45 pm

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I live by the skimp on everything to buy more guns policy. Except toilet paper. Never skimp on toilet paper.

Amen. My mother inlaw bought us a Economy size package of 1 ply tp. I set it all on fire. I like the good quilted stuff.

My roommate last year brought some of that home one time. I told him I'd take care of tp from now on and threw his shit away.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bulldog0156 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Olly wrote:I guess if you don't at least take care of your butthole there's no point in living.

:lol:
Bulldog0156

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:52 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

My roommate last year brought some of that home one time. I told him I'd take care of tp from now on and threw his shit away.

He fooled you
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:03 am

Goldfish wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

He fooled you

Nope there was no fooling. He cheaped out on anything that come from a grocery story so he could get more fast food.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind