Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby Throbbin Rods » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 am

Yamaha FG730S Acoustic Guitar. After a lifetime of wanting to learn, at age 61 I am going to take guitar lessons. Looking forward to being able to sit out back with Karen around the firepit and just play together.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:06 pm

U of A class ring.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Paid the price for giving Bushnell ("Legends" this time) another chance a few years back by ordering some Vanguard Endeavors this morning. The Legends had great field of view, were plenty bright and sharp enough for my purposes and had a significant rebate, but they've deteriorated both physically and optically in discouragingly short order. Gave me fits trying to determine that a little buck in good light and not much over 100yds out was, in fact, that this morning, so they can ride the dash until someone makes the mistake of "borrowing" them or they fall completely apart.

Expected to purchase Vortex Diamondbacks but review checks led me to the Vanguards. Guess we'll see...
Rick

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:42 am

DR85 is a great call but that smell drives me crazy.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:36 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:DR85 is a great call but that smell drives me crazy.

Remind you of the night before the morning after? Rod once told be they were experimenting with cover scents like vanilla to hide the vomit smell of their UV inhibitor. But I don't know how that went, only that they knew it was problematic for some.
Rick

Postby Weston81 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Early birthday present.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Weston81

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:36 am

I would say congrats but I can't bring myself to say it.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Weston81 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Not a Glock fan?
Weston81

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Window regulator for my Suburban. Just got here. Ordered a Lucky Duck Canada Goose Flapper. Should be here next week. Rogers has it on sale and free shipping.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby TrapperRob » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:Yamaha FG730S Acoustic Guitar. After a lifetime of wanting to learn, at age 61 I am going to take guitar lessons. Looking forward to being able to sit out back with Karen around the firepit and just play together.

Nice guitar, it is never to late to learn. It is good you are taking lessons, the learning curve is a lot easier than being self taught. Or so I've heard, I get lessons every other week. Get the Hal Leonard guitar method books. They help a lot.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Weston81 wrote:Not a Glock fan?

No

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 am

Rick wrote:Paid the price for giving Bushnell ("Legends" this time) another chance a few years back by ordering some Vanguard Endeavors this morning. The Legends had great field of view, were plenty bright and sharp enough for my purposes and had a significant rebate, but they've deteriorated both physically and optically in discouragingly short order. Gave me fits trying to determine that a little buck in good light and not much over 100yds out was, in fact, that this morning, so they can ride the dash until someone makes the mistake of "borrowing" them or they fall completely apart.

Expected to purchase Vortex Diamondbacks but review checks led me to the Vanguards. Guess we'll see...

The Vanguards showed in time for this afternoon's deer hunt and did not disappoint. Apparently solid build, quick focus and crazy good glass for $200 after rebate. Was a bit surprised by how much difference 26' less field of view made, but had no trouble picking up points of interest. Only real shortcoming was failure to produce deer where they weren't.
Rick

Postby huntfishnv » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:28 pm

My latest purchase? Canned food and Ramen-Broke college life sucks sometimes. (Kickass most of the time)
huntfishnv

Postby TrapperRob » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 pm

12 duke #1 1/2 double jaw traps.... Nothing all that serious, I planned it and gave the guy $75.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 pm

huntfishnv wrote:My latest purchase? Canned food and Ramen-Broke college life sucks sometimes. (Kickass most of the time)

Money ain't everything. Enjoy your poor college life while you can!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Olly wrote:
huntfishnv wrote:My latest purchase? Canned food and Ramen-Broke college life sucks sometimes. (Kickass most of the time)

Money ain't everything. Enjoy your poor college life while you can!

Money ain't nothing. Just don't enjoy your poor college life too much either. :shock:

I stretched mine out into my 30's so, too much is relative. :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby Steele22 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Money isn't everything but it's damn close lol. If not don't fuck with college, prob is some of the best times though, enjoy it
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Bulldog0156 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:36 pm

I bought a house.
Bulldog0156

Postby Rick » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:42 am

Now you have to pay for the dang thing...
Rick

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:43 am

Rick wrote:Now you have to pay for the dang thing...

Yeah. It's crazy how expensive houses are in Montana. It doesn't help that I'm 35 miles from Glacier and in the fastest growing city in the state, but still! :roll:
Bulldog0156

Postby Willie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Bulldog utv, StormR stealth jacket, couple bags of dog food.
Willie

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

2 man ladder stand

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:55 am

Throbbin Rods wrote:2 man ladder stand

Hunting isn't the time to be cuddling up!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Throbbin Rods » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:06 pm

Olly wrote:
Throbbin Rods wrote:2 man ladder stand

Hunting isn't the time to be cuddling up!

No cuddling intended, but I am old and stiff, and need room to move about. Also I like to keep my pack right beside me with binoculars etc within quick reach. Now I get to be 18' up and hate heights!!

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind