Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby Olly » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:
Olly wrote:
Throbbin Rods wrote:2 man ladder stand

Hunting isn't the time to be cuddling up!

No cuddling intended, but I am old and stiff, and need room to move about. Also I like to keep my pack right beside me with binoculars etc within quick reach. Now I get to be 18' up and hate heights!!

I understand! I was just messing with you. My favorite tree stand I ever built I had room to lay down and nap haha
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:03 am

My favorite treestand is the one I never bought because treestand hunting sucks!
Bulldog0156

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:44 am

Bulldog0156 wrote:My favorite treestand is the one I never bought because treestand hunting sucks!

I agree but not all places have the chance to do long shots and stalking. 99% of all deer taken east of the Mississippi is from a stand.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:03 pm

You should see the thick shit I have to deal with where I'm at now. NW Montana is thicker than the UP in most places. I'm not a fan of the long shots either. 99% of the time when someone "has" to take a long shot out here it's because they're too lazy or too shitty of a hunter to get closer.
Bulldog0156

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:08 pm

Also in the spirit of the thread I am going to go buy a new washer & dryer today I think. Gotta wash my clothes!
Bulldog0156

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Kubota L245DT with Loader, Forks, Scraper blade and bush hog.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:Kubota L245DT with Loader, Forks, Scraper blade and bush hog.

Nice man. How much land do you have to use that on?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Olly wrote:
Throbbin Rods wrote:Kubota L245DT with Loader, Forks, Scraper blade and bush hog.

Nice man. How much land do you have to use that on?

I have 15 acres of mostly scrubby woods. Gonna put in a couple of food plots, use the brush hog to cut shooting lanes from my blinds, use the tractor to push back my snow banks this year. I have some real nice young oaks and beeches that I would like to clear around to give them room to grow and provide a foord crop for the critters. Gotta pick up a box scraper to smooth out the driveway for plowing. Need to find a cheap backhoe to put on it. I can pull lots of dying or downed trees out of the woods with this and keep myself supplied with wood for the firepit and the little stove in the basement. No more manhandling outboard motors when changing them out or removing to paint a boat or something.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

Remington 1100 classic field in 28 gauge NIB.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Had the card out to buy dog food on line and somehow ordered a few Tanglefree coots and speck floaters for the Mudhole before getting it put up.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Rick wrote:Had the card out to buy dog food on line and somehow ordered a few Tanglefree coots and speck floaters for the Mudhole before getting it put up.

:lol: That always happens.
DComeaux

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Finally got some pics, gotta keep the pic hippies happy
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:45 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Remington 1100 classic field in 28 gauge NIB.

Whaaaaa.................good to see you back on the board Rex!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:

Good lord is that a big ball of chains in the bucket?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:42 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Throbbin Rods wrote:

Good lord is that a big ball of chains in the bucket?

Yep. Those are the tire chains for the rear.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Deltaman wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Remington 1100 classic field in 28 gauge NIB.

Whaaaaa.................good to see you back on the board Rex!

How's it going?
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Willie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Beretta A400
Willie

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:08 am

Browning 20 ga BPS
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:37 am

20' dual axle landscape type trailer to move the tractor around on. Came with 4 new tires, redone ramps and new lights!

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:20' dual axle landscape type trailer to move the tractor around on. Came with 4 new tires, redone ramps and new lights!

You're ballin now.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:12 pm

My Cabelas brand vacuum sealer just broke. It was designed to fail with wires going through the hinge area on the right side. Cabelas shit has gotten shittier over the years. :(
Bulldog0156

Postby Olly » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:44 am

Bulldog0156 wrote:My Cabelas brand vacuum sealer just broke. It was designed to fail with wires going through the hinge area on the right side. Cabelas shit has gotten shittier over the years. :(

I agree with that. On par with Bass Pro these days.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Olly wrote:
Bulldog0156 wrote:My Cabelas brand vacuum sealer just broke. It was designed to fail with wires going through the hinge area on the right side. Cabelas shit has gotten shittier over the years. :(

I agree with that. On par with Bass Pro these days.

I try to stay away from their branded shit and Herters. Bout on par with Avery's crap.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:42 pm

The way y'all keep hating on brands there won't be any left.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:08 am

Bad17 wrote:The way y'all keep hating on brands there won't be any left.

Isn't that the best part of a free market? The best products/services thrive and the worst die out.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:15 am

Olly wrote:

Isn't that the best part of a free market? The best products/services thrive and the worst die out.

Not disagreeing at all. Just ball busting. But the way companies make stuff it's all overpriced and it's all poor quality. All of it.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 am

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:

Not disagreeing at all. Just ball busting. But the way companies make stuff it's all overpriced and it's all poor quality. All of it.

I totally agree with that. American companies cannot compete with Chinese manufactures so they cut cost by cutting quality. It's a shame that we've taxed and regulated American companies so much that this is the normal business practice these days.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:35 am

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:

I totally agree with that. American companies cannot compete with Chinese manufactures so they cut cost by cutting quality. It's a shame that we've taxed and regulated American companies so much that this is the normal business practice these days.

Exactly. It is a shame.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:04 am

Olly wrote:

No the government makes sure some bottom feeders survive.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:05 am

Probably not applicable in the outdoor market but in others.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind