Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:11 am

Lost Woodsman wrote:Took advantage of Rig Em Right's cyber Monday sale and bought one of their layout blinds. I'm new to field hunting and can't wait to get out there with the new blind and take a nap...er, I mean...shoot some birds.

Love layout hunting! It's a shame that where I live now I can't do it as much as I used to be able to.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Bought that Chuff Huff sneak boat.

Now someone buy my gator trax!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Olly wrote:Bought that Chuff Huff sneak boat.

Now someone buy my gator trax!

Good deal Olly
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 am

Happy early birthday to me.
image.jpeg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby aunt betty » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Got one of them Samsung S5 phones. It really is waterproof. Done fell outa my waders already. My arm was froze by the time I found it. Added a starter to my boat motor. My hand hurts like a mofo if the engine kicks and yanks the rope out of my hand.
That had to stop.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Yamaha 15hp short shaft. The sneak boat is really going to move now!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Weston81 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Glock 43 on the bottom
Weston81

Postby Olly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Weston81 wrote:Glock 43 on the bottom

I've really been wanting one of those. Tell me how you like it after a little while.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Weston81 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 am

Will do. I've run 150 rounds through it so far and have enjoyed it. Shoots well and recoil is very manageable. I've ordered my IWB holster so I haven't got to CC with it yet.I am debating putting some kind of "grip tape" on the handle as there isn't much there to begin with, and drawing the gun may be a little difficult from the IWB holster unless I seat the shell up higher than what I would like.
Weston81

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:22 am

Weston81 wrote:Will do. I've run 150 rounds through it so far and have enjoyed it. Shoots well and recoil is very manageable. I've ordered my IWB holster so I haven't got to CC with it yet.I am debating putting some kind of "grip tape" on the handle as there is much there to begin with, and drawing the gun may be a little difficult from the IWB holster unless I seat the shell up higher than what I would like.

I wear a glock 26 in an IWB holster pretty much everyday and my suggestion would be to incorporate using the IWB in your regular range time.

Also the grip tape will get covered in lint and body sweat will ruin it. I'm not a fat guy at all but the grip of the pistol still presses against my skin and just regular wear and sweat made the tape a horrible mess. Not worth it IMO.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Tomkat » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 pm

A hop up kit for my 212 Predator LT motor. Pipe and muffler, air filter and carb jet.
Tomkat

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:33 am

McMillan Tooley MBR stock for the .308 and a .257 10 twist McGowen Barrel.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Throbbin Rods » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 am

9' 10-12 weight fly rod and a Pflueger Medalist reel. Hoping to use it on stripers on the salt. Traded some tires I couldn't use any more even for it. I flyfish some for trout but have never tried for bigger fish.

fly rod and reel small.jpg
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:36 am

Throbbin Rods wrote:9' 10-12 weight fly rod and a Pflueger Medalist reel. Hoping to use it on stripers on the salt. Traded some tires I couldn't use any more even for it. I flyfish some for trout but have never tried for bigger fish.

fly rod and reel small.jpg

Always wanted to learn to use a Spey rod. Haven't fly fished much since I messed up my shoulder. Shute would have made fishing for bass easier but the 4 wt held it's own for awhile.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:37 am

Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower, CMMG lower parts kit, and a palmetto state armory upper.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Picked up this bad bitch out of lay away today. Tikka M55 in .222. That's 3-.222s I have now.
image.jpeg
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:59 am

Yeah a trio of worthlessness but I recon you are just cutting paper with them anyway.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:26 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:Yeah a trio of worthlessness but I recon you are just cutting paper with them anyway.

And smashing dogs.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
R. Chapman

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:23 am

R. Chapman wrote:And smashing dogs.
But how do you fire 3 guns at a time Image

You really didn't have anything better to do with that money than buy not a 2nd, but a 3rd .222 Image

Maybe you got a lot more money than me or something, but to an outside observer it seems odd.

Awesome photos BTW.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:08 am

Great pictures Rex. Lol. One of these days I need to get out west to shoot some of those.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:18 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

You really didn't have anything better to do with that money than buy not a 2nd, but a 3rd .222 Image

Maybe you got a lot more money than me or something, but to an outside observer it seems odd.

Awesome photos BTW.

For some people, fast cars is their addiction, others its drugs, me its those oddballs like this that you just don't see often with a steal of a price on the consignment rack.

I ain't complaining at $550. Fun is worth $3-400 more than that.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 pm

And as far as I'm concerned I have a machining job lined up for the Monday after graduation up in Kalispell. Money in the bank for two years at FV Community College and enough money saved up to pay rent for a year.
R. Chapman

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:52 am

R. Chapman wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Awesome photos BTW.

For some people, fast cars is their addiction, others its drugs, me its those oddballs like this that you just don't see often with a steal of a price on the consignment rack.

3 are more fun than 2, that is what strikes me as odd. I get a spare, but the 3rd is what gets my head scratching. That's all that struck me as odd.

However, given where you are, time to think longer than the next year. You start saving for retirement yet? Small amounts when you are young are large amounts later in life. Ask the old people working at McDonald's what their addiction was? What age do you want to be able to retire and how much do you need to do that? If you are planning on a pension for that, you have to worry about all your eggs in one basket. I hate pensions because my fate is in some other idiot's hands. I hunt with a guy whose pension got wiped out TWICE :o Fortunately his wife does well, so he's in great shape financially. The younger you are when you start planning for retirement, the easier it is to retire the way you want when the time comes. The sooner you get there, the sooner you can do whatever you want or walk away from a job or use it as leverage at your job or whatever. Once it is a normal part of your budget, you won't even miss it. I really suggest you set a goal and figure out what you need to achieve that goal and when you start your job, put the retirement money away from the first check and then you will never miss it because you will only be living off what you can afford.
SpinnerMan

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:50 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Awesome photos BTW.

3 are more fun than 2, that is what strikes me as odd. I get a spare, but the 3rd is what gets my head scratching. That's all that struck me as odd.

However, given where you are, time to think longer than the next year. You start saving for retirement yet? Small amounts when you are young are large amounts later in life. Ask the old people working at McDonald's what their addiction was? What age do you want to be able to retire and how much do you need to do that? If you are planning on a pension for that, you have to worry about all your eggs in one basket. I hate pensions because my fate is in some other idiot's hands. I hunt with a guy whose pension got wiped out TWICE :o Fortunately his wife does well, so he's in great shape financially. The younger you are when you start planning for retirement, the easier it is to retire the way you want when the time comes. The sooner you get there, the sooner you can do whatever you want or walk away from a job or use it as leverage at your job or whatever. Once it is a normal part of your budget, you won't even miss it. I really suggest you set a goal and figure out what you need to achieve that goal and when you start your job, put the retirement money away from the first check and then you will never miss it because you will only be living off what you can afford.

Being as I take from my dad and Grandfather, I doubt I won't retire till I'm around 70-80. if I live that long mind you. My grandfather is 76 years old and still bouncing around in a bull dozed doing road construction and finishing work with D10 CATs. Even right now making $4k/month, I put away about $300-$500, depending on bills and what not.

My plan really for retirement is still undecided but if possible I'd like to put away about $5k-$10k a year into a retirement fund depending on income of course and how much I can live off of. Not to brag or anything but I think I'm ready for the work force, ready to be done with school. Being I'm a senior in high school, I still attend full time and work 50+ hours a week in a shop. I think I'm more prepared than most kids at 18 anyways.
R. Chapman

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:08 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Being as I take from my dad and Grandfather, I doubt I won't retire till I'm around 70-80.
That's fine, but DO NOT PLAN FOR THAT! My Dad got disabled at 45. Shit happens. Best to be prepared for it. Get your nest egg and then you are free to do whatever you want. Working into your 70's is very different than having to work into your 70's.

R. Chapman wrote:My plan really for retirement is still undecided but if possible I'd like to put away about $5k-$10k a year into a retirement fund depending on income of course and how much I can live off of.
Work backwards. For me, I've always targeted being able to retire at 55, not that I plan to, but simply that I would be able to if ... Then what do you need in income? You need roughly 20 to 25x that. $50k per year means you need 1 to 1.25 million. The other thing that I did is I plan to live on double what I think I would actually need to live on. So my target is 40x my minimum comfortable income at age 55. Then I worked back from that.

I don't know what your expectations are or any other sources of wealth that you are sure you have, that is probably good if you do it every year until your in your mid 50's. However, it's good to decide when you want to be able to retire, what you want to live on when you do retire, and working backwards to see if that puts you on track. Nothing says you can't ramp up as you go. That's what I did since your income will hopefully grow and your obligations (house, family, ...) will grow for awhile and then decline, etc. Then just keep track of your progress over time, and it's good to assess decisions on what you buy and how it impacts your plans.

I'm currently planning for a significant life change that I had not planned on or even contemplated before earlier this spring. It's probably going to cause me to miss my 55 target, but you got to do what you got to do, plus if it works out, I'll be happy to have to work a few more years beyond. :thumbsup: I can assess this quickly. Anybody know about the duck hunting in the Tampa area ;)

R. Chapman wrote:Not to brag or anything but I think I'm ready for the work force, ready to be done with school. Being I'm a senior in high school, I still attend full time and work 50+ hours a week in a shop. I think I'm more prepared than most kids at 18 anyways.
The only thing I will say is life probably costs a lot more than you are thinking. Plan on making significantly more than you think you need. It's always easy to make less money because you have too much. It's nearly always very difficult to make more money because you don't have enough.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 am

I bought a double cheeseburger, onion rings, and sweet tea at Sonic but it's didn't last very long.
:scooter:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:55 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453676129.350175.jpg
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:26 am

Palmetto State upper
Colt M4 take off trigger group
Magpul bad lever

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind