Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:09 pm

capt1972 wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:What kind of classy golf course is this establishment?

It's actually a really nice course. Just has a Mexican maintenance staff.

Fify

lol I almost said that.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:44 pm

And you're going to eat all that chemically goodness? I'm hesitant to eat golf course geese, much less a plant doused in all that stuff
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Fertilizer never hurt no body. Good grief Goldie he's not eating Chernobyl's produce.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bufflehead » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:53 am

^ this

Jimbob and ms-13 turning the country club into a pay to pick watermelon patch.
Bufflehead

Postby Woody » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:Planted mine Friday.

You remember my friend ware, they grow melons commercially and he told me to wait til April bc if it frost then I will be SOL.
Those Carolina 180s can get up to 200 lbs if you do it right.
I've got a patch alongside #13 fairway where I'm gonna alter my irrigation to hit my melon patch when it waters the golf course every night.
Planning on building my mounds from the greens soil that we pull out at aerification.
Also got all kinda goodies in the way of liquid fertilizer. Pretty much gonna have my guys hit the melons with my greens fertility program and also gona hit them with some humates and calcium that I'll be putting on the tees and fairways.
Gona have a fuck ton of watermelons hopefully.

I'm going to play a round of golf and smash all them melons.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:38 am

Bufflehead wrote:
^ this

Jimbob and ms-13 turning the country club into a pay to pick watermelon patch.

I thought about putting a sign up out there and a lock box if I get too many melons.
Gona have around 100 vines, and if they each produced 2-3 melons.... Watch out.
It's a del Webb retirement community. Old people will buy anything.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:41 am

Goldfish wrote:And you're going to eat all that chemically goodness? I'm hesitant to eat golf course geese, much less a plant doused in all that stuff

Most of my fertilizers are humates. Derived from natural shit. We don't even put the synthetic shit on our greens. Only time is when we spread the place with granular and it won't be getting where the melons are gonna be.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Goldfish wrote:And you're going to eat all that chemically goodness? I'm hesitant to eat golf course geese, much less a plant doused in all that stuff

Most of my fertilizers are humates. Derived from natural shit. We don't even put the synthetic shit on our greens. Only time is when we spread the place with granular and it won't be getting where the melons are gonna be.

I've been composting for almost 2 years at this house and I mixed with some store bought cow manure into my garden this year. I'm hoping that it will make a difference.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 am

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

I've been composting for almost 2 years at this house and I mixed with some store bought cow manure into my garden this year. I'm hoping that it will make a difference.

Chicken shit is where it's at. Everything else is just a low quality substitute.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Chicken shit is where it's at. Everything else is just a low quality substitute.

Chicken shit doesn't really do as much as advertised in the way of being a fertilizer itself, per all of the agronomy classes I took in college. Relatively low amount of useable nutrients that are lost pretty quickly. Main thing about chicken shit is it provides good organic matter with a lot of open hydrogen bonds so that plants can uptake nutrients from other sources.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:54 am

High in phosphorus and nitrogen content. That's about it.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:31 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:High in phosphorus and nitrogen content. That's about it.

Unless you incorporate it into the soil the nitrogen vapor area quickly was my point. P will. Hang around.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:45 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Unless you incorporate it into the soil the nitrogen vapor area quickly was my point. P will. Hang around.

The phosphorus content has led to restrictions on using it. There's so much there a plant can't use it all and it's washed off. Leading to the explosive growth of plants in water sources, as water plants require a much smaller concentration of phosphorus for optimal growth. Can't remember the exact concentrations land vs. water plants.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:54 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

The phosphorus content has led to restrictions on using it. There's so much there a plant can't use it all and it's washed off. Leading to the explosive growth of plants in water sources, as water plants require a much smaller concentration of phosphorus for optimal growth. Can't remember the exact concentrations land vs. water plants.

I wish I could spread it on my golf course bc I need the OM but I don't think it would go over very well.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:50 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

I wish I could spread it on my golf course bc I need the OM but I don't think it would go over very well.

Lol it don't smell that bad, but I can walk through a poultry house without batting an eye. The first thing you loose as a poultry man is your sense of smell.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:51 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Lol it don't smell that bad, but I can walk through a poultry house without batting an eye. The first thing you loose as a poultry man is your sense of smell.

I love the smell of chicken shit. But I lost a considerable amount of my sense of smell back in college when I hurt my nose....
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:19 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Worst smell in the world.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:23 am

Olly wrote:Worst smell in the world.

I'm with you.

When that shit gets wet, it is nasty. Pig shit is not far behind. I've shoveled more cow shit than I could possible remember. That doesn't bother me and actually reminds me of my childhood at my grandparents dairy farm when I catch a whiff of the country air.
SpinnerMan

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:06 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426885520.661986.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426890483.757478.jpg

Sinuses cleared, nose running, eyes watering...INSTANTLY
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:48 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426890483.757478.jpg

Sinuses cleared, nose running, eyes watering...INSTANTLY

My favorite condiment.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 pm

So hot. And delicious.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Bufflehead » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm not eating anything that says flaming hot or has a picture of fire on it. I like to taste what I eat.
Bufflehead

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:33 pm

It enhances the flavor of food
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby flyn88 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Never been able to eat the stuff. Trying to remember. Is it the older the plant, the stronger it is?
flyn88

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Never grown it...my dad has grown it and gotten some real hot ones and some side by side weren't hot at all.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:09 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Never grown it...my dad has grown it and gotten some real hot ones and some side by side weren't hot at all.

So you're saying, 50/50...
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:23 am

The immutable law of the universe
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:28 am

Must not grow well in the south, as you don't see much of it here in cayenne country. But I'm a huge fan. Had an aunt and uncle who grew it in Southern Ohio, and it used to tickle him to invite my college friends who went there to hunt or fish with me to try some on fresh homemade bread. I may have laughed a little, too.
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:08 am

I'd gladly send you a jar if you sent me your address Rick.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind