The brotherhood of the UDS

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The brotherhood of the UDS

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun May 18, 2014 12:03 am

Eric Haynes wrote:What's the diameter of your barrel Olly? I have lids

You gonna throw it to him like a frisbee, Arnold?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 am

3legged_lab wrote:

Just put his address on it and go to the post office. No need to box it. Its been done before...
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Sun May 18, 2014 9:54 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Just put his address on it and go to the post office. No need to box it. Its been done before...

how many stamps?
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby Olly » Sun May 18, 2014 10:26 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

I just saw this, 22.5" is what I need. Why do you have so many Weber grill lids?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Sun May 18, 2014 10:46 am

I'm guessing he has barrel lids. You specifically want a grill lid?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 am

Redbeard wrote:I'm guessing he has barrel lids. You specifically want a grill lid?

Yea so I can put the grate higher and do things like beer can chicken.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun May 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Olly wrote:
Redbeard wrote:I'm guessing he has barrel lids. You specifically want a grill lid?

Just drop the grate down and get a barrel lid. I have one rack in my smoker and regularly cook for ten or more people (my family).
I have never one said "damn I wish I could load more meat in this thing"
Cooking for my sisters wedding this fall for over 100 people, you might need to have this drum built so I can borrow it or else ill have to find a big smoker to borrow.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Sun May 18, 2014 1:49 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Just drop the grate down and get a barrel lid. I have one rack in my smoker and regularly cook for ten or more people (my family).
Cooking for my sisters wedding this fall for over 100 people, you might need to have this drum built so I can borrow it or else ill have to find a big smoker to borrow.

Not an option my barrel will not take a lid. They are made different.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 18, 2014 2:29 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Yeah I have barrel lids not Weber lids. As flint said, you can cook a shit ton on it already with no Weber top.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Take a picture? Not sure how it won't take a lid
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Take a picture? Not sure how it won't take a lid

I just went out and tried to put my uds lid on my burn barrel and it didnt fit.
The barrels with two sealed ends have a slightly smaller inside diameter.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Sun May 18, 2014 2:48 pm

It's because the lid that I cut out was crimped on. At this point it may be easier for me to find a barrel with a removable lid.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Olly wrote:It's because the lid that I cut out was crimped on. At this point it may be easier for me to find a barrel with a removable lid.

So the outer edge is exactly 22.5"?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun May 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Olly wrote:It's because the lid that I cut out was crimped on. At this point it may be easier for me to find a barrel with a removable lid.

If you have flat lids from other barrels it will not work on my drum. Thanks for trying!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Olly wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

If you have flat lids from other barrels it will not work on my drum. Thanks for trying!

Okay Olly. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

The brotherhood of the UDS

Postby Willie » Sun May 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Just pony up and by the weber. Keep the UDS covered with the barrel top when not in use, and use the weber top when you're ready to smoke.
My lid doesn't fit tight either and I use my weber top when smokin
Willie

Postby RonE » Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Why don't you use a piece of plywood, drill a few holes in it, you will have a place to set your beer when you are smoking.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Goldfish » Mon May 19, 2014 3:18 am

If you trimmed the barrel enough ferrying rid of the lip on the inside, a removable lid will fit on it. I'll show you pictures tomorrow.

What colors did you guys paint yours? Trying to come up with ideas
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Mon May 19, 2014 6:19 am

Flat black rattle can stove paint. 2 cans. $3.97 each.
assateague

Postby flight control » Mon May 19, 2014 5:48 pm

I went flat black too, but just got regular rust paint. The thing doesn't get that hot.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby Tiler_J » Mon May 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Media blasted, polished, and sprayed with a clear.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Mon May 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Is that a glory hole in the side?
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

assateague wrote:Is that a glory hole in the side?

Don't look you'll get a chicken dick in the eye.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Think its a horseshoe handle.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Mon May 19, 2014 9:27 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

Think its a horseshoe handle.

Yep.

Its an overpriced UDS that a friend bought for our family at our cabin. Its got the handles, legs so it is off the ground, and is lined around the bottom inside with granite (its suppose to help disperse the heat evenly, doesn't make sense to me).
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Goldfish » Mon May 19, 2014 10:29 pm

flight control wrote:I went flat black too, but just got regular rust paint. The thing doesn't get that hot.

You could use engine paint, which is why you can do all sorts of colors. You guys are boring tho apparently, lol
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon May 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Goldfish wrote:
flight control wrote:I went flat black too, but just got regular rust paint. The thing doesn't get that hot.

You could use engine paint, which is why you can do all sorts of colors. You guys are boring tho apparently, lol

Have betty hydro dip it.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 am

Hydro...hehe
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Tue May 20, 2014 8:18 am

Hahaha
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Tue May 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Just picked up a barrel with a removable lid. No more lid drama hopefully will be cooking on it by this weekend!
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind