The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 pm

bill herian wrote:Scared of Mount Everest?

Whose the chicken now?

No I just hate fucking hills. Coming from flat land and my fantastic figure don't go well with living in the mountains of Arkansas. :lol:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:The bus?

Yes the bus. It sucks but it's a hell of a lot better than fighting for a parking place every morning.

this. though I will say that having 8 am class means I get to campus at 6:50, and have found a spot every day. I still have to buy a parking pass though, so today I had to park off campus or get ramrodded by parking services.

I catch the first bus every morning and never have to worry about parking in the wrong spot or finding a seat. I did buy a parking pass in case I ever do want to drive up there.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Went out hunting with my buddy in his boat tonight. No geese flying, but some lady and her husband decided to come out and start an argument with is right at the end of LST. He can out cussing up a storm and threw the full bodies off the shore and into the water and said we were on private property. Which we werent...we were on Saginaw bay shore where it's public to the high water mark which we were far from. Then he got worked up about safety zones that are 450feet from any building in michigan. We checked with a rangefinder before hunting and we were close to 500feet. Then he said we pointed a gun at his wife while she was walking...again he was just making stuff up. Long story short he told us to never hunt there or there would be a DNR officer waiting. My buddy is going back Friday and told the guy that. So I guess we will wait and see what happens then. I really wish I woulda recorded it because I'm sure he would get cited for harassment for throwing the decoys.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Went out hunting with my buddy in his boat tonight. No geese flying, but some lady and her husband decided to come out and start an argument with is right at the end of LST. He can out cussing up a storm and threw the full bodies off the shore and into the water and said we were on private property. Which we werent...we were on Saginaw bay shore where it's public to the high water mark which we were far from. Then he got worked up about safety zones that are 450feet from any building in michigan. We checked with a rangefinder before hunting and we were close to 500feet. Then he said we pointed a gun at his wife while she was walking...again he was just making stuff up. Long story short he told us to never hunt there or there would be a DNR officer waiting. My buddy is going back Friday and told the guy that. So I guess we will wait and see what happens then. I really wish I woulda recorded it because I'm sure he would get cited for harassment for throwing the decoys.

I believe in sticking up for your rights, but your buddy better watch his ps and qs and make sure his ts are crossed and his is are dotted if he is going to purposefully start a legal battle with a land owner. It will be he said she/he said and I've been there done that... Won out, but did not like it.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Went out hunting with my buddy in his boat tonight. No geese flying, but some lady and her husband decided to come out and start an argument with is right at the end of LST. He can out cussing up a storm and threw the full bodies off the shore and into the water and said we were on private property. Which we werent...we were on Saginaw bay shore where it's public to the high water mark which we were far from. Then he got worked up about safety zones that are 450feet from any building in michigan. We checked with a rangefinder before hunting and we were close to 500feet. Then he said we pointed a gun at his wife while she was walking...again he was just making stuff up. Long story short he told us to never hunt there or there would be a DNR officer waiting. My buddy is going back Friday and told the guy that. So I guess we will wait and see what happens then. I really wish I woulda recorded it because I'm sure he would get cited for harassment for throwing the decoys.

I believe in sticking up for your rights, but your buddy better watch his ps and qs and make sure his ts are crossed and his is are dotted if he is going to purposefully start a legal battle with a land owner. It will be he said she/he said and I've been there done that... Won out, but did not like it.

There is no landowner issue. We were far from any property line and they property we were accused of being on was his "friends" about 10 houses down from where he came from. I've talked with the DNR to make sure where landowners property began so I wouldn't have an issue.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Willie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Olly wrote:
sws002 wrote:Sounds like MI's early teal season was a bit of a bust. I think of all the people I know that were set to go out, I saw one teal killed. Though, to be fair, if ours were to have opened yesterday we would have probably gotten skunked as well. We've got the water, now we just need the birds...

AL's is this coming weekend and I predict big ole' goose egg. I will not be out on opener but I will try before the tea season ends. I was out on Sunday scouting all over and I saw zero birds.

Keep in mind the blue wings can be a here today, gone tonight thing. There haven't been many to pass by here yet from what I'm told, but that can change very quickly.
By the way, I sent you a message the other day, and never heard back.
Willie

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409716298.496358.jpg

Fucking hate closing.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby sws002 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:16 pm

I would call the game warden yourself. Run it past him, make sure you are in the right and explain your situation. Those guys take hunter harassment pretty serious (without hunters, they don't have a job). I would have his number on speed dial so when the guy shows up throwing a fit, you don't have to wait for him to call, you can have a guy on the way while he is still walking towards you.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby huntfishnv » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:02 am

sws002 wrote:

I would call the game warden yourself. Run it past him, make sure you are in the right and explain your situation. Those guys take hunter harassment pretty serious (without hunters, they don't have a job). I would have his number on speed dial so when the guy shows up throwing a fit, you don't have to wait for him to call, you can have a guy on the way while he is still walking towards you.

F that man! sws002 advice sounds pretty solid to me!
huntfishnv

Postby Goldfish » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:17 am

R. Chapman wrote:

Fucking hate closing.

I have a feeling the things in life you don't hate can be counted on one hand
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:37 am

huntfishnv wrote:
sws002 wrote:

F that man! sws002 advice sounds pretty solid to me!

We tried calling last night after we got back to the truck, but he was off duty and we got an answer machine. My buddy is calling today to talk to the CO.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:41 am

What pissed me off the most was how he approached us when he had a problem. First words out if his mouth was "What the fuck" and we asked what the problem was. Then he came back with "fuck you" and threw the decoys then went into all the other BS. Me and my buddy's never raised our voices or swore.
I'm still mad I didn't video it all.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:01 am

Don't want to be up right now, that's for sure.
Last edited by R. Chapman on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:02 am

Goldfish wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Fucking hate closing.

I have a feeling the things in life you don't hate can be counted on one hand

Meh.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:05 am

NuffDaddy wrote:What pissed me off the most was how he approached us when he had a problem. First words out if his mouth was "What the fuck" and we asked what the problem was. Then he came back with "fuck you" and threw the decoys then went into all the other BS. Me and my buddy's never raised our voices or swore.

You shoulda filled his face up with uppercuts and roundhouse kicks.
R. Chapman

Postby Woody » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 am

R. Chapman wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:What pissed me off the most was how he approached us when he had a problem. First words out if his mouth was "What the fuck" and we asked what the problem was. Then he came back with "fuck you" and threw the decoys then went into all the other BS. Me and my buddy's never raised our voices or swore.

Yep, that's what you should have done... @
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:48 am

:lol:
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am

R. Chapman wrote:

Not a good idea in this situation but I like your style.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:00 am

You are doing the right thing by covering your ass with the GW before proceeding to hunt the area again. If the GW confirms it is legal, as you mentioned, video and have that fucker arrested for harassment. Pay back is a mother fucker :o
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Not a good idea in this situation but I like your style.

:mrgreen:
R. Chapman

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 am

Damn if I didn't just drive by a backyard pond with 50+ teal sitting on it
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:27 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Damn if I didn't just drive by a backyard pond with 50+ teal sitting on it

address?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 am

:lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:45 am

Ha.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409689608.649224.jpg

Come on duck season. I'm ready to rip.

Smoking marijuana is still illegal in Montana last I checked.
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:45 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409666019.623709.jpg

One down...9 to go. :-)

Nuff how many geese did you end up with?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:48 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Just one. It was 75* and sunny with no wind. This was the only one we had come within 1/2 mile. Heading back out tomorrow AM to go for just geese instead if wasting the first 2 hours on teal that aren't here yet.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:54 am

Good luck.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:59 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Just one. It was 75* and sunny with no wind. This was the only one we had come within 1/2 mile. Heading back out tomorrow AM to go for just geese instead if wasting the first 2 hours on teal that are gone already

Ftfy
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 pm

jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Damn if I didn't just drive by a backyard pond with 50+ teal sitting on it

address?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409764044.122934.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind