The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:37 pm

And a pretty fair one at that.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Got me my first whitetail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417134757.335163.jpg
well done!
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Apparently it's a nice one for MT according to my buddies.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Woody » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:13 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Apparently it's a nice one for MT according to my buddies.

That's a nice one anywhere.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Woody wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Apparently it's a nice one for MT according to my buddies.

That's a nice one anywhere.

Thanks.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Nice buck ! Congrats
OGblackcloud

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Out at the farm for the weekend, blind is brushed, decoys out and an old friend coming out in the morning. Had around 60 birds on the tank when I got here this afternoon, feeling good
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:31 am

very nice buck Rex.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:12 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
very nice buck Rex.

Thanks.
R. Chapman

Postby Bad17 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:56 am

Flightstopper wrote:Out at the farm for the weekend, blind is brushed, decoys out and an old friend coming out in the morning. Had around 60 birds on the tank when I got here this afternoon, feeling good

Well how you feeling now.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:18 am

Now I had one of those days that makes you want to never go hunting again today.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 am

Bad17 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Out at the farm for the weekend, blind is brushed, decoys out and an old friend coming out in the morning. Had around 60 birds on the tank when I got here this afternoon, feeling good

Well how you feeling now.

With a little wind and cloud cover tomorrow should shoot good. Bluebird calm days are usually quick and done here
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Now I had one of those days that makes you want to never go hunting again today.

A lot of that going around lately. Makes you feel better knowing you aren't alone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Now I had one of those days that makes you want to never go hunting again today.

A lot of that going around lately. Makes you feel better knowing you aren't alone.

Yeah. And I didn't break or loose anything so that's good too.

Got to the launch at LST in an attempt to diver hunt. Everything was going good until we got out the cut to the bay when the overheat alarm starts going off on the outboard. Looked back to see no water coming out of the motor. Shot it off and opened up the cover and the motor was smoking hot. Remembered I forgot to put the motor down when I got out of the water yesterday to drain it, so the water lines froze up. Got the mr buddy heater out and set it up on the outside of the motor. After about 10 min I started the motor back up and the water started flowing a bit. Started busting ice again to try and find open water. Found a pocket with some birds in it so we started setting up there. Had 3 of 5 lines out and the wind picked up and the ice started blowing out and took the lines with them. Got that mess untangled and sorted out and headed straight into the wind angling toward shore. Found some more water and set back up. About 10min in the wind quit and the hole froze up. Said screw it and just sat there anyway. Then the wind picked back up from a different direction and took all the lines with it again. Took about 45min to get that all sorted out and loaded up and headed for home. My now ice was 1/2"+ and we were 2 miles from the launch. So that was a long cold boat ride. But we make it back safe and sound.
This was all in 15-25* weather and we never pulled the trigger all morning. And both of my buddies found new leaks in their waders.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Our morning didn't go much better.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Wind was blowing like a mother fucker here. What few shots we took went over there backs or way behind. Been a rough week of hunting with little bird action.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:31 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Wind was blowing like a mother fucker here. What few shots we took went over there backs or way behind. Been a rough week of hunting with little bird action.

So you're really on pace to tie last season's record.
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:48 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

Got to the launch at LST in an attempt to diver hunt. Everything was going good until we got out the cut to the bay when the overheat alarm starts going off on the outboard. Looked back to see no water coming out of the motor. Shot it off and opened up the cover and the motor was smoking hot. Remembered I forgot to put the motor down when I got out of the water yesterday to drain it, so the water lines froze up. Got the mr buddy heater out and set it up on the outside of the motor. After about 10 min I started the motor back up and the water started flowing a bit. Started busting ice again to try and find open water. Found a pocket with some birds in it so we started setting up there. Had 3 of 5 lines out and the wind picked up and the ice started blowing out and took the lines with them. Got that mess untangled and sorted out and headed straight into the wind angling toward shore. Found some more water and set back up. About 10min in the wind quit and the hole froze up. Said screw it and just sat there anyway. Then the wind picked back up from a different direction and took all the lines with it again. Took about 45min to get that all sorted out and loaded up and headed for home. My now ice was 1/2"+ and we were 2 miles from the launch. So that was a long cold boat ride. But we make it back safe and sound.
This was all in 15-25* weather and we never pulled the trigger all morning. And both of my buddies found new leaks in their waders.

I woke up, checked this and said "fuggetaboutit"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417200513.239084.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:51 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:

Sometimes these old boats come on the market. I've seen a few turned into fishing boats. Would make a sweet duck boat.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:52 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

That sucks. I woulda taken some of that wind here this morning. Pretty much dead calm other than the couple little gusts that came through and screwed everything up.
Couple of my buddies went out deep with a layout and got 4 man limit of squaw this morning.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:

Sometimes these old boats come on the market. I've seen a few turned into fishing boats. Would make a sweet duck boat.

There was a CG boat for sale somewhere around here a year or 2 ago. Had 3 or 4 outboards, double deck, and was like 35' long. Someone posted about it in MS I think.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:09 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Wind was blowing like a mother fucker here. What few shots we took went over there backs or way behind. Been a rough week of hunting with little bird action.

We finished up before the wind hit but could have used at least a little
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:32 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:

I used to think the same thing, (and maybe the fire is going out a little), but sometimes you just need to stay home. As it is now, the layout can handle bigger water than the tender, and when temps start getting down to the point everything is icing virtually immediately, things can go from bad to worse in less time than it takes to read this...

Yeah. I'm a puss.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Hey Dan...
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:38 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:

I used to think the same thing, (and maybe the fire is going out a little), but sometimes you just need to stay home. As it is now, the layout can handle bigger water than the tender, and when temps start getting down to the point everything is icing virtually immediately, things can go from bad to worse in less time than it takes to read this...

Yeah. I'm a puss.

Ice is sketchy. I'll go out in most anything if it's above 30*. Colder than that, I watch the weather and keep to shallower water. If I had a bigger boat, I'm sure I'd be a little less cautious. When things go to worse and your in a 16' flat bottom on the Great Lakes it could become a life or death situation real quick.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm gonna regret this, but -

What?
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:24 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:

Yeah. I'm a puss.

Ice is sketchy. I'll go out in most anything if it's above 30*. Colder than that, I watch the weather and keep to shallower water. If I had a bigger boat, I'm sure I'd be a little less cautious. When things go to worse and your in a 16' flat bottom on the Great Lakes it could become a life or death situation real quick.

On the GL it can become life or death real quick in just about anything.
Woody

Postby Woody » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:25 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:

Yeah. I'm a puss.

Supposed to be 40 tomorrow and 50 Sunday down here. Is it supposed to warm up, up there?
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Yah, not quite that much though. Supposed to be 1-3's tomorrow, so we're going to give it a go.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:46 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Yah, not quite that much though. Supposed to be 1-3's tomorrow, so we're going to give it a go.

We are trying to decide if we'll give it a go tomorrow or not.
Woody

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind