The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417007231.495267.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417010942.989469.jpg
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 am

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:They are working this one over good here. Guess thats what happens when you go to school in Sagnasty.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416943922.729910.jpg

What would people say if someone started a white unity group?

You don't see the whites looting when a white guy gets killed by a black cop do ya. It is just an excuse to be that way.

You're right. White people only riot when their sports team loses... Rioting and looting aren't a color issue it's an selfish asshole issue.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby firstflight » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

Here I sit in a field, truck stuck, can't hit a duck to save my life,now my hot coco is cold. My day sucks.
firstflight

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:53 am

Olly wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:They are working this one over good here. Guess thats what happens when you go to school in Sagnasty.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416943922.729910.jpg

What would people say if someone started a white unity group?

You don't see the whites looting when a white guy gets killed by a black cop do ya. It is just an excuse to be that way.

You're right. White people only riot when their sports team loses... Rioting and looting aren't a color issue it's an selfish **** issue.

It's a childish self-centered issue. What is totally fucked up is how the so-called wise leaders "understand" it and do not condemn it in the harshest of terms. Looters should be shot. It is far worse than ordinary criminal behavior. It should be intolerable in a civil society. If there is ever a thing where there should be a zero tolerance policy, looting is it. I know shooting looters is asking too much, but is words of condemnation without equivocation too much to ask?
SpinnerMan

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:28 am

Today was the day that makes you want to burn every decoy you own and never look back.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am

Flightstopper wrote:Today was the day that makes you want to burn every decoy you own and never look back.

I've never had such a day and hope I never do. Care to elaborate?
SpinnerMan

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:36 am

wrote it up in my log further down the forum. Mostly burned about the phone cause that is never cheap and I usualy am overly cautious with them cause I hate spending the coin on stupid mistakes of the nature.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 am

You don't think one hen spoonie is worth a phone, several decoys, and all the other aggravations of the day :mrgreen:
SpinnerMan

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 am

Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:19 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:http://youtu.be/ndV9Kh_1oLs

Of course we only get 5 seconds.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

SpinnerMan wrote:You don't think one hen spoonie is worth a phone, several decoys, and all the other aggravations of the day :mrgreen:

Then Dan goes and post that ish. If I would have missed that spoon head on 10 yards up my gun would still be wrapped around a tree. And on fire. And calling in @3geese4me for an air strike on the location.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Olly wrote:

Well, I could have posted the video of my interdiction of the Coast Guard buoy tender, but I was too busy trying to keep them from running over the layout to bother with videos.

To help paint the picture, my friend in the layout heard me yell... "WHATINTHEFUCKAREYOUDOING???!!!!"

Guessing they couldn't hear me over the 450hp or I'd be in shackles.

"Sorry, we thought it was an ice floe"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:15 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Olly wrote:

Well, I could have posted the video of my interdiction of the Coast Guard buoy tender, but I was too busy trying to keep them from running over the layout to bother with videos.

To help paint the picture, my friend in the layout heard me yell... "WHATINTHEFUCKAREYOUDOING???!!!!"

Guessing they couldn't hear me over the 450hp or I'd be in shackles.

"Sorry, we thought it was an ice floe"

Ha! I would love to see that video.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 pm

They were 30° off my port stern, idling around me and I thought they'd seen the layout and realized it we were hunting...then I see them throttle up and were heading towards the spread and I immediately throttled up and set a course to intersect them (all while yelling as loudly as I could) and they pulled up short of the decoys and I idled along side and asked them to stay clear...and gomer says "sorry, we thought it was ice"....which means they intended to run over it, which means that we were probably 10-15 seconds away from burying my best friend.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:They were 30° off my port stern, idling around me and I thought they'd seen the layout and realized it we were hunting...then I see them throttle up and were heading towards the spread and I immediately throttled up and set a course to intersect them (all while yelling as loudly as I could) and they pulled up short of the decoys and I idled along side and asked them to stay clear...and gomer says "sorry, we thought it was ice"....which means they intended to run over it, which means that we were probably 10-15 seconds away from burying my best friend.

Was this a cutter or a small boat?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Smallish. 27-30' with twin Honda 225's and a little crane on the front. Their trailer was at the launch, Tri-axle hooked to a 1 Ton Ford.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Thank God you were there and able to cut them off can't believe they couldn't tell the difference.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Flightstopper wrote:wrote it up in my log further down the forum. Mostly burned about the phone cause that is never cheap and I usualy am overly cautious with them cause I hate spending the coin on stupid mistakes of the nature.

I dunked my phone Saturday in the front pouch of my waders. It came back to life tho.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm

That's the only job of the guy in the tender...you're not hunting, you're the safety valve.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:03 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417024896.907058.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417024914.582210.jpg

Here I sit. Tying up makeshift long line rigs for a thanksgiving diver hunt with olly tomorrow. Really hoping this works out.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:04 pm

I could never layout hunt with my buddies. :lol: "Oh shit, Jason just got plowed. Guess were just gonna have to finish our limits from the tender." How I imagine it would go down.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:wrote it up in my log further down the forum. Mostly burned about the phone cause that is never cheap and I usualy am overly cautious with them cause I hate spending the coin on stupid mistakes of the nature.

I dunked my phone Saturday in the front pouch of my waders. It came back to life tho.

I'll put mine in rice, but just hope the asians think to bring a spare screen when they come to fix it.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby blockmaker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Opening day here in the commonwealth tomorrow boys! Trying to get all the last minute details ready, love being a procrastinator.
blockmaker

Postby Capttrae » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm

blockmaker wrote:Opening day here in the commonwealth tomorrow boys! Trying to get all the last minute details ready, love being a procrastinator.

Yep sure is, debating on going deer hunting or trying to kill a duck
Capttrae

Postby Olly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Smallish. 27-30' with twin Honda 225's and a little crane on the front. Their trailer was at the launch, Tri-axle hooked to a 1 Ton Ford.

That is a small ANT boat. Called a Tandy, not sure why they were even near you. That kind of boat puts our the day boards and small buoys.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 pm

They were out messing around by a nearby buoy and then a one of the shoal markers we were set up by, guessing they were just running their normal route.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Not a whole lot of activity here. While I was driving home it looked like the ducks stopped about 2 hrs north of us. Did manage to bag a pair of mallards today but not what I was hoping to come home to.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417037637.245371.jpg
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:52 pm

That is twice as many mallards as I have gotten all season. Given that mallards make up about 60% of the ducks I get that should tell you all you need to know about my season. :(
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:00 pm

I had one of those years last year. Trust me I understand.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind