The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Postby Woody » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 pm

I just went to a discount furniture store, and I think I just saw a transvestite in person for the first time in my life. Which is not a big deal, but it was sitting on the couch I wanted.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:13 pm

I've decided to become president of the United States of America. Olly 2032!

First step, congressman.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Woody wrote:I just went to a discount furniture store, and I think I just saw a transvestite in person for the first time in my life. Which is not a big deal, but it was sitting on the couch I wanted.

Get out of the sticks.

When I was 21, I was still a small town boy and started dating a city girl artist. Her and her friend liked to go dancing where they would not be bothered. When the cover charge for women was more than men, it seemed curious. When I was sitting at the bar, and this large muscular woman sat near me, I started to realize why. When she spoke with a voice far deeper than mine, I figured it out. Yep, we were going dancing at the gay bar :shock:
SpinnerMan

Postby Woody » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Olly wrote:I've decided to become president of the United States of America. Olly 2032!

First step, congressman.

State senate then state governor.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Olly wrote:I've decided to become president of the United States of America. Olly 2032!

First step, congressman.

That 18 year old girl made it to congress don't see why the coast guard's very own Dale Gribble can't.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Woody wrote:

First step, congressman.

Nah I'm going straight to congress. Then make a name for myself there slashing programs and voting against wasteful spending. Once I have a reputation built up I'll run for president under the independent party.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

First step, congressman.

Nah I'm going straight to congress. Then make a name for myself there slashing programs and voting against wasteful spending. Once I have a reputation built up I'll run for president under the independent party.

Having experience running large government entities is an asset far grater than pissing off senate democrats.
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

First step, congressman.

So you have no chance.

Go be a used car salesmen, weight loss miracle salesman, penis enlarger salesman, community organizer, or any job that involves telling people what they want to here with no bearing on the truth. Work on your smile, a good tan (or even a bad Boehner tan seems to work), etc. Then you have a chance.

Doing the right thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: No fucking chance. The era of no such thing as a free lunch is over. People only want to know what their country can do for them and fuck that shit about doing for your country. Shared sacrifice. You sacrifice and I get the freebies. That is the path to power.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Go be a used car salesmen, weight loss miracle salesman, penis enlarger salesman, community organizer, or any job that involves telling people what they want to here with no bearing on the truth. .

So I take it you don't know that I'm working as a military recruiter right now :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby blockmaker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:16 pm

First step, congressman.

Where's the like button?
blockmaker

Postby Woody » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Olly, you're too tall to be president.
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:03 pm

Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Go be a used car salesmen, weight loss miracle salesman, penis enlarger salesman, community organizer, or any job that involves telling people what they want to here with no bearing on the truth. .

So I take it you don't know that I'm working as a military recruiter right now :lol:

:lol:

Sorry convincing people that being a sniper is not cowardly is simply not going to cut it. You have to sell things that that fat ass, little prick will buy.

"My uncle killed by sniper in WW2," Moore tweeted. "We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse."
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:17 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Sorry convincing people that being a sniper is not cowardly is simply not going to cut it. You have to sell things that that fat ass, little prick will buy.

"My uncle killed by sniper in WW2," Moore tweeted. "We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse."

Have you seen the CG sniper videos? Those guys are fuckin badasses.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Have you seen the CG sniper videos? Those guys are **** badasses.

No, but I have no doubt. I think I can shoot OK until I see somebody that can actually shoot.

There is a long range shooting class that is held around here. I plan to take it.

I thought about trying to get a job shooting deer in the park districts around here. You had to take a "marksman" test. :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess every 12 year old where I grew up is a marksman. The test was a total joke. I thought I would have to go practice to past the test, but when I saw the test I wouldn't have had to even worry about making sure my rifle was sited in. I never ended up doing it, but I could have past the test with my bow back when I used to shoot regular. Marksmen my ass. You just had to no which end of the gun the bullet comes out.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 am

Woke up to my laundry room flooded.

Rental company is on it's way now.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:01 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Have you seen the CG sniper videos? Those guys are **** badasses.

No, but I have no doubt. I think I can shoot OK until I see somebody that can actually shoot.

There is a long range shooting class that is held around here. I plan to take it.

I thought about trying to get a job shooting deer in the park districts around here. You had to take a "marksman" test. :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess every 12 year old where I grew up is a marksman. The test was a total joke. I thought I would have to go practice to past the test, but when I saw the test I wouldn't have had to even worry about making sure my rifle was sited in. I never ended up doing it, but I could have past the test with my bow back when I used to shoot regular. Marksmen my ass. You just had to no which end of the gun the bullet comes out.

Spinner, I take it you were never in the military and, by military I mean Army or Marines. I have no idea about Navy and Air Force. In the Army and Marines "Marksman" is the lowest rating and is bare minimum. It means you're a shitty shot with open sights. Sharpshooter is second and Expert is the best rating prior to going to any other training. You receive the initial training and rating in basic training and can not proceed with less than a marksman rating. Depending on your job, how often you qualify on a range, is dictated by job and special circumstance. In my job, in the last unit I served, most of us qualed on the range every 3 month, pending circumstances. We went through gas chamber 2 times a year. Most units go to chamber 1 time every 2 years and some less. Of course, that could be different now and is affected by deployment and special "situations".
QH's Paw

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Interesting info paw. Read stories of people qualifying as marksman and thought it was a bigger deal than that.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:31 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Interesting info paw. Read stories of people qualifying as marksman and thought it was a bigger deal than that.

In the CG it goes. Marksman, Proficient, Sharpshooter. Which is worst to best.

I qualified "S" on the Beretta, Sig, and rifle which was a old ass M16.

Been years since I've had to go to the range though. Don't shoot a lot of guns being an IT.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Interesting info paw. Read stories of people qualifying as marksman and thought it was a bigger deal than that.

Been years since I've had to go to the range though. Don't shoot a lot of guns being an IT.

What kind of requirements does that take? Just out of curiosity.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:I thought about trying to get a job shooting deer in the park districts around here. You had to take a "marksman" test. :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess every 12 year old where I grew up is a marksman. The test was a total joke. I thought I would have to go practice to past the test, but when I saw the test I wouldn't have had to even worry about making sure my rifle was sited in. I never ended up doing it, but I could have past the test with my bow back when I used to shoot regular. Marksmen my ass. You just had to no which end of the gun the bullet comes out.

Spinner, I take it you were never in the military and, by military I mean Army or Marines. I have no idea about Navy and Air Force. In the Army and Marines "Marksman" is the lowest rating and is bare minimum. It means you're a **** shot with open sights. Sharpshooter is second and Expert is the best rating prior to going to any other training. You receive the initial training and rating in basic training and can not proceed with less than a marksman rating. Depending on your job, how often you qualify on a range, is dictated by job and special circumstance. In my job, in the last unit I served, most of us qualed on the range every 3 month, pending circumstances. We went through gas chamber 2 times a year. Most units go to chamber 1 time every 2 years and some less. Of course, that could be different now and is affected by deployment and special "situations".

Nope, never been in the military.

However, I hope the minimum standards are far higher than the minimum standards for that qualification test I was talking about. Like I said, a good, not great archer could qualify. A fucking joke with a rifle and I could have just about any 12 year old qualified by the end of the day even if they had never picked up a gun. I hope it takes more than that in the military, but maybe not.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:

What kind of requirements does that take? Just out of curiosity.

No clue. I did all that back in 2007 and have forgotten what the score had to be. Now all it's gotten me is I get to have a cool shiney "S" on my pistol and rifle ribbons.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Just to see how many of you will find a way to disagree with me on this:
Why do people think that it's my problem how far they have to drive to come buy stuff off craigslist?
I could understand if I listed something somewhere else that it would appear that I was willing to travel. However when I list something locally and a buyer from the next state over says they need me to discount what I'm selling bc it's going to cost them a bunch in gas to come get it I just don't understand how they can really think that way..
FlintRiverFowler

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:16 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Just to see how many of you will find a way to disagree with me on this:
Why do people think that it's my problem how far they have to drive to come buy stuff off craigslist?
I could understand if I listed something somewhere else that it would appear that I was willing to travel. However when I list something locally and a buyer from the next state over says they need me to discount what I'm selling bc it's going to cost them a bunch in gas to come get it I just don't understand how they can really think that way..

Not at all.

The value of your stuff to you is obviously not a function of whether you sell it to your next door neighbor or someone in China.

If they bought the stuff from a business, do they think they will get a discount because shipping costs are more? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So why do they think you should eat their cost? Sadly, I believe they are serious and not just using this to try and talk you down.
SpinnerMan

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:33 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Just to see how many of you will find a way to disagree with me on this:

Not at all.

The value of your stuff to you is obviously not a function of whether you sell it to your next door neighbor or someone in China.

If they bought the stuff from a business, do they think they will get a discount because shipping costs are more? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So why do they think you should eat their cost? Sadly, I believe they are serious and not just using this to try and talk you down.

I almost went with it bc at least the guy made an offer and didn't say "what's the lowest you will take?"
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Rick » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Thought you were the guy who liked haggling, which is clearly what the fellow was doing. You sure you don't just like bitching?
Rick

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Rick wrote:Thought you were the guy who liked haggling, which is clearly what the fellow was doing. You sure you don't just like bitching?

Ding ding ding!

But yea, not your fault how far they have to travel
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Flyway Stalker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

No arguments here, I agree with you 100%.
Craigslist is a pain in the ass, to many dip shits that just want to screw you over on price rather than agree on one that fair to both seller & buyer. Typical thought pattern in this country today, many folks want something for nothing and feel they are entitled to it.
Don't get me started, people today just generally suck and consistently piss me off with all their me, me, me, bullshit.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:24 am

Flyway Stalker wrote:

Craigslist is a pain in the ass, to many dip shits that just want to screw you over on price rather than agree on one that fair to both seller & buyer. Typical thought pattern in this country today, many folks want something for nothing and feel they are entitled to it.
Don't get me started, people today just generally suck and consistently piss me off with all their me, me, me, bullshit.

I like to get the most I can out of something but I'm not out to rip anyone off. A boat I sold last year a guy offered me way too much to split up and sell him just boat and trailer and I had to tell
him I couldn't take his money like that.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flyway Stalker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Flyway Stalker wrote:

I like to get the most I can out of something but I'm not out to rip anyone off. A boat I sold last year a guy offered me way too much to split up and sell him just boat and trailer and I had to tell
him I couldn't take his money like that.

Not to many folks left with that kind of thought pattern. :thumbsup:
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby Olly » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:16 am

I actually agree with you on this. If you want to buy something on CL it should be up to you to go get. After all you're the one that wants it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind