The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Agree 100%. Had a guy ask me to deliver a boat. He had never seen it but thought I would bring it to him so he could decide. NOT!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:26 pm

I agree too. Drove 4 hours to buy a truck off CL couple years ago. Never considered the distance to go get it.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Im feelin like I pulled a fast one on cabelas right now but they got their money from the gift card my uncle got me for Christmas.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422054195.014288.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:15 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Im feelin like I pulled a fast one on cabelas right now but they got their money from the gift card my uncle got me for Christmas.

What you didn't haggle with em?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Im feelin like I pulled a fast one on cabelas right now but they got their money from the gift card my uncle got me for Christmas.

What you didn't haggle with em?

No but I found that $10 rebate promo code with a quick google search.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:36 am

Essential for the man getting the first of his 72 virgins.
jihad bride.jpg
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:20 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422109112.458461.jpg

Let's just stop ON THE RAMP to take off our waders and put all our gear away while other boats are waiting to pull out.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:08 am

Meanwhile...

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:05 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Let's just stop ON THE RAMP to take off our waders and put all our gear away while other boats are waiting to pull out.

Start honking. They'll speed them up. I'm sure of it
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Goldfish wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Start honking. They'll speed them up. I'm sure of it

I was kinda in the mood to talk shit but they were also teaching a kid how to be a jackass so I but my tongue. Before this we had seen them parked and trespassing in a swamp off the river which is common knowledge to most hunters around here that you don't go in there. Plenty people have gotten in trouble over the years trespassing back there.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Haha! I ran across these videos of people paying fines with coins and this one was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrw7i1SqJnM
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:59 pm

And duck season is officially over.... Bring on the heat.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:48 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:And duck season is officially over.... Bring on the heat.

I want some snow first!! I need at least a month of winter.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:22 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:And duck season is officially over.... Bring on the heat.

I want some snow first!! I need at least a month of winter.

It hasn't snowed there?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:35 am

Amen. Sick of 20-30 degree weather. Heat and humidity please.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 am

Olly wrote:Haha! I ran across these videos of people paying fines with coins and this one was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrw7i1SqJnM

If I ever get a bullshit fine they are getting payed in pennies. If I fucked up and get fined it's all good but if it's a bunch of bull I'm busting rolls into a wheel barrow and wheeling that shit in.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Good on her.
Rick

Postby Flyway Stalker » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Anybody ever had a PETA pilot fly his plane over your spread 100 yards off the deck 3 seperate times while you have geese checking you out and wanting in?
I just did yesterday.
It wasn't like the birds are hard enough to convince to committ this time of year without this asshole blowing 3 groups that we may had a chance at. Sucks for him though, we have a good idea where he landed on some private property and the game warden is not a happy guy after hearing about it. He said he will be talking to the police helicopter and checking with the airport authority.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby capt1972 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Anybody ever had a PETA pilot fly his plane over your spread 100 yards off the deck 3 seperate times while you have geese checking you out and wanting in?
I just did yesterday.
It wasn't like the birds are hard enough to convince to committ this time of year without this asshole blowing 3 groups that we may had a chance at. Sucks for him though, we have a good idea where he landed on some private property and the game warden is not a happy guy after hearing about it. He said he will be talking to the police helicopter and checking with the airport authority.

per the FAA:
Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Anybody ever had a PETA pilot fly his plane over your spread 100 yards off the deck 3 seperate times while you have geese checking you out and wanting in?
I just did yesterday.

You did the right thing, but dammit man, bet it was tempting not to put a few loads of steel into the fuselage of said plane.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:12 pm

13 hour ride to Atlanta, Georgia. Departs in 49 minutes...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422310322.066724.jpg

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:27 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:13 hour ride to Atlanta, Georgia. Departs in 49 minutes...

Why?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Anybody ever had a PETA pilot fly his plane over your spread 100 yards off the deck

No, but I did have a news helicopter hovering a couple hundred yards up or so. I pretty much decided there was no freaking way I was shooting any geese if they happened to come in. I did NOT want to make the news :shock:

I was hunting about 100 yards from a highway. I hear loud screeching tires and then a big crash. About 15 minutes or so later, the news copter was hovering over head filming the scene.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:13 hour ride to Atlanta, Georgia. Departs in 49 minutes...

Why?

Going to the IPPE.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 pm

International Poultry Penis Eaters?
Woody

Postby Olly » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:30 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:

Why?

Going to the IPPE.

If you need anything Flint is only an hour away. If I was in GA we'd grab a beer.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:31 pm

International Production & Processors Expo.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:

Why?

Going to the IPPE.

If you need anything Flint is only an hour away. If I was in GA we'd grab a beer.

I'm sure he appreciates the volunteering. Lol

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Looks like we are now staying at a Pizza Hut in little rock until 9. Seems they fucked up our order and started cooking when we got here instead of when we called them.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind