The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 am

Well whatever deal he makes ought to at least hold it's own water not be a kiss ass Fest.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 am

Olly wrote:Nukes aren't much of a threat to the US without a realistic way to get them over here. The only nukes we really need to worry about are the ones attached to ICBM's. The right is using fear to rally people into going into yet another war, to line their pockets from their industrial kickbacks. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Obama at all but I'm glad to see that we aren't rushing into another ground war over this right now.

We need to let the Israelis and the Saudis deal with Iran on their own for now.

Glad there are no U.S. interests outside the mainland :roll:

Glad the coast guard can keep all unwanted shipments from arriving in the U.S. :roll:

These are all perfectly good delivery vehicles.

These things are not very big. We ship much bigger shipments of drugs and other stuff into the U.S. without anyone knowing all the time. There is about zero chance that if they wanted to get it into a U.S. city that we would stop them. There is no realistic way to keep them OUT, if someone decides they want to get them in. Do you really think we could actually keep them out? And as a terror weapon, they could nuke any U.S. interest anywhere in the world and create fucking chaos. It wouldn't even have to kill anyone. A random nuclear explosion and the world is changed in a hugely negative way.

The ICBM would not be the delivery system of choice. It has a return address.

But I agree, it is far more likely that Tel Aviv or Paris or somewhere outside the U.S. would get nuked.

How low of a probability is low enough that it is morally acceptable to risk the lives of 10 or 100 times or more people than were massacred on 9/11/01? Not to mention all the huge negative consequences on top of the direct casualties.

I agree it is low, but it ain't nowhere fucking close to low enough, even if we are OK with saying our allies are on their own.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 am

We have always been under the threat of a suitcase or dirty bomb nuke since pretty much the wall fell and the USSR couldn't account for a lot of their weapons grade materials... not a single one has been used against us. Smuggling radioactive materials into this country is hard to do. Nothing like smuggling in a person or drugs.

Also I'd be more willing to help our allies if they were more willing to fund the cost of a war against Iran in both money and cost of life.

Americans are growing tired of sending our fellow Americans off to a foreign war to die for no reason. A ground war in Iran RIGHT NOW only benefits those here that can profit from war. We can't go off starting a war against every country that poses the slightest threat to us. I know Obama is only trying to reach a deal with Iran for political points because of the election next year but I'm glad to see something other than sending troops happening.

Just because Fox News says the big bad wolf is at the door doesn't mean it's true.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:55 am

Morning fuck faces.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:08 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429632531.594525.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:09 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429632582.668044.jpg
R. Chapman

Postby Woody » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:54 am

R. Chapman wrote:

is that suposed to be funny?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Woody wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

is that suposed to be funny?

Could be. I was being serious.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Your rifle done yet Rex?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429636869.921313.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429636883.404312.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429636897.572100.jpg

Been done for a while. :thumbsup:
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:24 pm

So why didn't you tell us?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Olly wrote:So why didn't you tell us?

It's kind of strange with all the other shit he posts, that he wouldn't post something that is actually interesting. lol
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:35 pm

I thought I did tell you guys??
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Cute purple curtains.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429638604.471497.jpg

Here is a load development target from a couple weeks ago at 300 yards.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:55 pm

You completely missed the targets.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm

You missed the toilet during your daily morning piss. What's your point?
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm

R. Chapman wrote:You missed the toilet during your daily morning piss. What's your point?

Incorrect.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm

What kind of scope is that?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Night force
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Nightforce
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Also it looks like somebody went after your bolt with a hacksaw.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Nope, helical fluting. That bolt it made custom for that action only. Won't fit in any other 700 long action.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:17 pm

When you start competing with it?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:18 pm

May 17th in Butte.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Better get to practicing hitting the target.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Just need to find the time. Been busy working right after I get out of school at 1:30.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:38 pm

I'm sure you know how that goes.
R. Chapman

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Olly wrote:We have always been under the threat of a suitcase or dirty bomb nuke since pretty much the wall fell and the USSR couldn't account for a lot of their weapons grade materials... not a single one has been used against us. Smuggling radioactive materials into this country is hard to do. Nothing like smuggling in a person or drugs.

A dirty bomb is harmless. A good terror weapon because of people's irrational fear of things radioactive, but the only people that are likely to be harmed are those harmed by the bomb blast. Trying to smuggle that in would be very difficult, but it is not a real risk. You could kill more people with an SUV running over people in any major city than you ever could be dispersing radioactive material.

A suitcase nuke is a highly sophisticated weapon. Even if you got enough plutonium or highly enriched uranium, making that into a suitcase nuke is not something that anybody but the most sophisticated weapons designers in the world could do. This again was a risk that was wildly overstated like the dirty bomb. Getting the material is not sufficient. You actually have to know what to do with it and have the ability to get what you need to do that. It will not be a suitcase. It will be much larger. And the U.S. and Russia have put a ton of money and effort to tracking all this stuff down and securing it. I'm not convinced that much was ever missing, but more that they couldn't assure that it was not missing because of terrible accounting.

Granted no commercial jet liners were used against us prior to 9/11/01. That doesn't mean it cannot happen or that we should not worry about it.

While plutonium or high enriched uranium are radioactive, they are not very radioactive. These materials are all handled hands-on or at most in a glove box. I don't see how it would be that hard to shield them and make them difficult to detect.

Let's assume that they will will catch every one. WHERE will the catch that package? Doesn't do a damn bit of good, if they catch it in the U.S. port? They get caught, just set it off right then and there. Mission accomplished.

Personally, I just do not see how we stop any serious effort to smuggle the material, it's not like they have radiation detectors on the drug tunnels from Mexico or any of the thousands of other ways to get it into the U.S. That's not even necessary. They can get caught. Many a successful suicide bomber was "caught" before they detonated their weapon.

Olly wrote:Americans are growing tired of sending our fellow Americans off to a foreign war to die for no reason. A ground war in Iran RIGHT NOW only benefits those here that can profit from war. We can't go off starting a war against every country that poses the slightest threat to us. I know Obama is only trying to reach a deal with Iran for political points because of the election next year but I'm glad to see something other than sending troops happening.

Why the hell is a ground war required? Sorry, but this is not exactly the most creative thinking and I should probably be a lot more insulting than that if you see that as the only alternative.

Iran does NOT pose the slightest threat. They are a far greater risk than even the Norks or the Pakistanis. Should we start a ground war? Of course not. Should we facilitate air attacks by Israel? Maybe at this point. Obama may have backed us into a corner where our only option is war.

The two biggest fuck ups by Presidents in my lifetime.

1. Bill Clinton and his failure to help build the economy in Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. A second term of GHWB and we may not have the mess we have in Russia right now. Maybe. Maybe not. We failed and now we suffer. Hopefully, doesn't ever get out of control, but we could have eliminated that risk.

2. Obama and the Green Revolution and all subsequent actions with Iran. We had the chance to change this country without war. I'm not sure that is an option any longer. I hope so, but not if Obama doesn't change course. McCain would not have fucked up Iraq as bad and I think he would have been much better with Iran and at a minimum we would have kept them in their box. They are now out of the box and working to be nuclear armed. It's a scary situation.

Combine Iran and Russia and it's that much more scary right now.

Olly wrote:Just because Fox News says the big bad wolf is at the door doesn't mean it's true.
Is that what they are saying? You must watch it more than I do, since I have no idea what their position is. However, isn't it equally true to say just because Fox News says the big bad wolf is at the door doesn't mean the big bad wolf is not at the door?
SpinnerMan

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm not even going to spend the time to read that lol.
R. Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind