The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:16 pm

Maybe I should buy this. My dad's company made them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ries-La ... 0846959534
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:45 pm

He probably still has a warehouse full of them somewhere that you'll later learn about.
Rick

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Just spent 5 days at a cabin in the Smoky Mountains with the GF... going back to work tomorrow is going to suck.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Couple questions for the more experienced fishermen in this forum.
1. How much should I be concerned about getting stabbed in the ankle by a dadgum catfish? (owie)
2. What the heck do I do with the softshell snapping turtles? I keep catching the danged things.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:07 am

aunt betty wrote:Wow, I missed the bottom line. Duhhh.

Just joking about nuff's crazy comment.

aunt betty wrote:Lets hunt at Clinton Lake this fall. Teal season. I'll camp there and bring some honey for you.
If you want to kill some greenheads wait til a cold front associated with a low pressure system comes thru. (I'm serious)
Last year I had four great days around Thanksgiving. It can be good.

You do post some smart things too. :beer:
I think we'd agree on most things duck. Politics too maybe. It's 113 miles from Joliet to Parnell. Turns out I know a guy in Joliet who is talking about trading queen bees. Maybe I'll be up that way.
I know some places to hunt by Ottawa too. Guides at Braidwood Hunt Club etc.

There is a steak house in Ottawa that serves duck appetizers that are to die for. Duck breast fried to perfection with the duck skin fried like pork rinds. OMG it's good.

Two bears plus shipping would be $10 plus shipping. They have them "if it fits it ships boxes".
I think maybe $8 or $10 shipping which is insane.

I'd love to get together. I can probably get down your way during teal season. I don't know how much hunting I'm going to be doing this fall. It could be an interesting year in that regard. It will be different, but not sure in what direction.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:25 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Wow, I missed the bottom line. Duhhh.

Just joking about nuff's crazy comment.

aunt betty wrote:Lets hunt at Clinton Lake this fall. Teal season. I'll camp there and bring some honey for you.
If you want to kill some greenheads wait til a cold front associated with a low pressure system comes thru. (I'm serious)
Last year I had four great days around Thanksgiving. It can be good.

You do post some smart things too. :beer:
I think we'd agree on most things duck. Politics too maybe. It's 113 miles from Joliet to Parnell. Turns out I know a guy in Joliet who is talking about trading queen bees. Maybe I'll be up that way.
I know some places to hunt by Ottawa too. Guides at Braidwood Hunt Club etc.

There is a steak house in Ottawa that serves duck appetizers that are to die for. Duck breast fried to perfection with the duck skin fried like pork rinds. OMG it's good.

Two bears plus shipping would be $10 plus shipping. They have them "if it fits it ships boxes".
I think maybe $8 or $10 shipping which is insane.

I'd love to get together. I can probably get down your way during teal season. I don't know how much hunting I'm going to be doing this fall. It could be an interesting year in that regard. It will be different, but not sure in what direction.

I'm going to try and have fun but be warned...there is a lot of pressure on a lake that really don't have huge numbers.
Been seeing teal already and lots of wood ducks. Must have been a good year for baby ducks. Saw a mama woodie with 8 or 10 babies Saturday while fishing.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 am

I have never killed a BWT, so I bet the numbers are better than where I hunt :lol:

Actually, I just hunt geese and throw out a few hen mallard decoys. Most years I don't even see a teal in teal season. I've had a few tease me, but have never even fired a shot.

A few years back, a single BWT was hanging at the blind I was going to hunt opening day. I'd see it every time I went out to work. Finally, I was determined to get my first. About an hour into the season, I see a teal crossing fast at about 35 yards or so. Grab the gun, time for one quick shot and to my shock down he goes. Hits the water 50-60 yards away. My dog makes a beeline right to it. Brings it back. GWT. Damn it. The guys in the next blind over whacked "my" BWT :(

We seem to have a good hatch for both mallards and geese these year. Haven't seen a lot of woodies, but I haven't been out where I'd see them very much.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:19 am

SpinnerMan wrote:I have never killed a BWT, so I bet the numbers are better than where I hunt :lol:

Actually, I just hunt geese and throw out a few hen mallard decoys. Most years I don't even see a teal in teal season. I've had a few tease me, but have never even fired a shot.

A few years back, a single BWT was hanging at the blind I was going to hunt opening day. I'd see it every time I went out to work. Finally, I was determined to get my first. About an hour into the season, I see a teal crossing fast at about 35 yards or so. Grab the gun, time for one quick shot and to my shock down he goes. Hits the water 50-60 yards away. My dog makes a beeline right to it. Brings it back. GWT. Damn it. The guys in the next blind over whacked "my" BWT :(

We seem to have a good hatch for both mallards and geese these year. Haven't seen a lot of woodies, but I haven't been out where I'd see them very much.

Bluewings are sort of hard to get here. Used to see them but they hang out at the opposite end of the lake from where I hunt.
Clinton is a nuclear power station cooling lake and I hunt the hot end. I guess I could try and do the other end. Now that I got a decent boat, engine, and bind I suppose it's possible but I would not bet on killing bluewings. Mostly gwt.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:43 am

aunt betty wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:I have never killed a BWT, so I bet the numbers are better than where I hunt :lol:

Bluewings are sort of hard to get here. Used to see them but they hang out at the opposite end of the lake from where I hunt.
Clinton is a nuclear power station cooling lake and I hunt the hot end. I guess I could try and do the other end. Now that I got a decent boat, engine, and bind I suppose it's possible but I would not bet on killing bluewings. Mostly gwt.

You get GWT in teal season. I've never seen anything but BWT, granted not that many, that early. Never would have thought.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:45 pm

It's the time of year when the clock accelerates. I mean once it's July 4...all of a sudden it is Halloween and BAM...duck season.
Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:55 am

aunt betty wrote:It's the time of year when the clock accelerates. I mean once it's July 4...all of a sudden it is Halloween and BAM...duck season.
Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?

Time flies for me in general I can't believe 2016 is already more than half over.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Throbbin Rods » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:49 am

My kind of place
Sunday night my daughter and grandsons took me out for Father's Day dinner. they took me to a place in Gallatin TN called Awedaddy's. As we walked to our table the 2 man band was playing Marshall Tucker's Can't You See, after which they played Seven Bridges Road. I knew that my daughter had chosen well! We sat outside right in front of the band, had a view of the water. Sent the grandsons over to drop some cash in the band tip bucket a couple of times. The band asked the kids if they wanted to pass the bucket around, and the boys had a blast. The guys in the band gave each boy $5 for their efforts. I had an awesome pulled pork sandwich, listened to country and southern rock, and enjoyed my family. I hope the rest of you dads had a blessed Father's Day.
BTW, the band is called Batson Haines and they are the real deal. They are playing 8 shows in Massachusetts in July if any of you enjoy that type of music I highly recommend them. The guys in the band spent all of one break sitting with us and chatting. One of the guys lived in NH for several years so it was small world time!
Could not have asked for a better Father's Day except if my other daughter could have been here.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Sounds great. High point of my Father's Day was the Summer shower that convinced me to put off washing the house a little longer.

Well, that and a long phone conversation with my dad.
Rick

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:52 am

@redbeard

Now that I've been promoted I've got to look at new places to go and Humbolt Bay is open next year and high on my list of choices... can we be friends again? :lol: :lol:

Seriously I'm going to the West Coast somewhere. I want somewhere that I haven't really been yet! East Coast is boringgggggg
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 am

He and his radar gun will be waiting for you behind the "Welcome to Humbolt County" billboard.
Rick

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Rick wrote:He and his radar gun will be waiting for you behind the "Welcome to Humbolt County" billboard.

Ha that's what I'm afraid of :fishing:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Stay out of California, it's literally the worst.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:14 am

Woody wrote:Stay out of California, it's literally the worst.

I hear ya man, but the choices are kinda limited for this new rank that I'm in. Only about 20 spots to choose from, I want the west coast I know that much. Coos Bay, OR is my #1 that I know will be open for sure at this point.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:44 am

Olly, ever watch ""Destination Gobi"? US Navy Chief sent to Gobi desert to start a weather station.
It could be worse than Cali and meeting up with Red again. :clap:

They could send you to...KANSAS. lol
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:44 am

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:Stay out of California, it's literally the worst.

I hear ya man, but the choices are kinda limited for this new rank that I'm in. Only about 20 spots to choose from, I want the west coast I know that much. Coos Bay, OR is my #1 that I know will be open for sure at this point.

Yeah, OR is a better choice. There are a lot hippies and hipsters there, but also a lot of gun loving outdoorsy types to make up for.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:00 pm

Image1466960433.472067.jpg

New look for the duck toon
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:30 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

4th of july fun?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:18 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

Where's the "make America great again" ??? :lol:

Now b4 you get angry and call me a lib...I voted for Trump 14 times (it's Illinois you know and I'm just kidding)
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

4th of july fun?

Yup. Had it out on boaters beach sandbar in the bay yesterday. Was a great time
Image1466972494.565178.jpg

Image1466972505.709174.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:52 pm

No ladies I see.
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Woody wrote:No ladies I see.

They were there. Made them take the picture
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:12 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

How many women does it take to operate a camera and HOW did you get her to not take the dreaded "tilted head selfie"???
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:15 pm

aunt betty wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

How many women does it take to operate a camera and HOW did you get her to not take the dreaded "tilted head selfie"???

There was a few hiding back there. Lots of selfies were taken I'm sure. Just not with my phone
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Brought a professional "dancer" to test out my pole. No pictures of that though...
This is all I got...sorry :/
Image1466990197.156289.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Yeah and I shot 200 greenheads last season. Here's a picture of four so it's true.
12291285_166533167032886_3441855363487960487_o (1).jpg

Here's the professional model I take fishing. 8-)
12472349_10209302678307620_3035177096774851144_n.jpg
aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind