The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Rick wrote:Sounds like you might want to spend it swapping out that heater core.

He should just bypass it. Who needs a heater? Spring is around the corner anyways.

I did this with my first car when the heat core crapped out about this same time of year. I knew I was going to college in the fall and couldn't take a car. I ended up selling it to my Uncle that fall. I told him it had no heater, which he was fine with until about January :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:11 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Rick wrote:Sounds like you might want to spend it swapping out that heater core.

He should just bypass it. Who needs a heater? Spring is around the corner anyways.

I did this with my first car when the heat core crapped out about this same time of year. I knew I was going to college in the fall and couldn't take a car. I ended up selling it to my Uncle that fall. I told him it had no heater, which he was fine with until about January :lol:

I did this in a Chevy truck I had. It was awesome until winter time. I went half a Michigan winter without heat in the truck.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I did this in a Chevy truck I had. It was awesome until winter time. I went half a Michigan winter without heat in the truck.

I did the same thing with my last truck......one week before we had a damn ice storm! My mechanic said he could pull my dash and repair for $800, or plug it for $50. What they hell, Spring was just around the corner. I could dress to overcome the cold, but trying to get home from work the day of the ice storm, with sleet turning to ice on my windshield was rough. Windshield wipers only smeared the ice, so I had to stop about every 1/2 mile and scrape a spot off with my work badge. Who'd a ever thunk...........ice storm in Mobile, AL :shock: Had already dropped about $1,500 on various stuff over the previous 6 months keeping it going, and the AC had been giving me problems before winter too. Ended up trading it in and buying a brand new truck the following month :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:01 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

Can't do that on an 08 ford. I work with a ford mechanic. Said all the antifreeze runs through the core. Gotta loop the lines.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:03 pm

I am not a very good mechanic. Brakes, oil, light bulbs is about the extent of my talents.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Heater cores are either super easy or a total bitch. No in-between.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby flyn88 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:24 pm

On an 08. Guessing total bitch.
flyn88

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Total bitch. Mechanic quoted it's an 8 hour job.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:27 pm

So you don't hunt or work on your own cars?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby flyn88 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Woody wrote:So you don't hunt or work on your own cars?

So you have an a/c machine in your garage to take care of step no. 3?
flyn88

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:57 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Can't do that on an 08 ford. I work with a ford mechanic. Said all the antifreeze runs through the core. Gotta loop the lines.

Exactly, not plug, but bypass it :thumbsup:

No idea if you can actually do it on yours. Mine was very simple. One hose in and one hose out. Took the one off and disconnected the other from the heater and closed the loop.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
No idea if you can actually do it on yours. Mine was very simple. One hose in and one hose out. Took the one off and disconnected the other from the heater and closed the loop.

This is what I did on a 2000 Chevy 2500 I had.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:08 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Mechanic said it was a cluster fuck. He doesn't even want to try it and with my tract record of tearing shit up I'm not getting the go ahead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Woody wrote:So you don't hunt or work on your own cars?

More or less.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Mechanic said it was a cluster ****. He doesn't even want to try it and with my tract record of tearing **** up I'm not getting the go ahead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to love newer cars. My wife's car battery died a little while back. No problem. Pop the hood. OK where the fuck is the battery. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I know there is a battery some where, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I pull out the manual. Absolutely nothing about the battery. I finally found via internet search that it's actually under the floor behind the passenger seat. Don't know why I didn't think to look there :roll:

I blew a fuse in my truck a few years back. Found the fuses, right where you would expect them. OK, every fuse is good. :? I'm reading the manual, and I'm confused. Then I figured it out. There are TWO fuse boxes. Why? Who the hell knows? Find the other one. Find the failed fuse and replace it.
SpinnerMan

Postby DixieDawg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Don't feel bad there's a compartment on the passenger side up near the front of the trunk where the battery on my wife's Cadillac cts craziest stuff I ever seen
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby Olly » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:58 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Mechanic said it was a cluster fuck. He doesn't even want to try it and with my tract record of tearing shit up I'm not getting the go ahead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of a Mechanic says no to a job? Do it yourself man, with the repair manual and some common sense I've rebuilt automatic transmissions before.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

What kind of a Mechanic says no to a job? Do it yourself man, with the repair manual and some common sense I've rebuilt automatic transmissions before.

He works on oil wells. No time to fuck around with beater trucks. Everybody but the boss wants to shit can it and get another one.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Former ford service tech. Doesn't do it anymore.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:12 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:[quote="Rick"]Sounds like you might want to spend it swapping out that heater core.

Mechanic said it was a cluster ****. He doesn't even want to try it and with my tract record of tearing **** up I'm not getting the go ahead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to love newer cars. My wife's car battery died a little while back. No problem. Pop the hood. OK where the fuck is the battery. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I know there is a battery some where, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I pull out the manual. Absolutely nothing about the battery. I finally found via internet search that it's actually under the floor behind the passenger seat. Don't know why I didn't think to look there :roll:

I blew a fuse in my truck a few years back. Found the fuses, right where you would expect them. OK, every fuse is good. :? I'm reading the manual, and I'm confused. Then I figured it out. There are TWO fuse boxes. Why? Who the hell knows? Find the other one. Find the failed fuse and replace it.[/quote]

My moms car is the same way. Somebody asked for a jump one time and I said sure. Pop the hood, no battery in sight. Looks at the guy and said your SOL.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:39 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:My moms car is the same way. Somebody asked for a jump one time and I said sure. Pop the hood, no battery in sight. Looks at the guy and said your SOL.
They typically have connections specifically for use in jump starting. I had actually used my wife's car to jump start my truck.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:20 am

Don't confuse the man, he's still hunting his heater hoses.
Rick

Postby Olly » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 am

My dog is majestic.

uploadfromtaptalk1427636676880.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 am

Hahaha. Looks like it has mange in that pic
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Rick » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:27 am

Either way, he's living large.
Rick

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:My moms car is the same way. Somebody asked for a jump one time and I said sure. Pop the hood, no battery in sight. Looks at the guy and said your SOL.
They typically have connections specifically for use in jump starting. I had actually used my wife's car to jump start my truck.

Yeah but at the time I just assumed it started via black magic as there was no battery in sight.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ohioduck » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Good afternoon fuckers.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 pm

ohioduck wrote:Good afternoon fuckers.

What's up man? Only one more hour until it's beer:30.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby ohioduck » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Olly wrote:

Another day in paradise. Gotta go home and clean up the yard before the rain shows up
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:08 pm

ohioduck wrote:
Olly wrote:

Another day in paradise. Gotta go home and clean up the yard before the rain shows up

What's up with your yard?
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind