The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby R. Chapman » Mon May 25, 2015 11:56 am

Bulldog0156 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:While in Missoula today, I found a 2000 Chevy K3500 non-dually crew cab long box with the big 454 in it with headers, cold-air intake, flow master exhaust system and a host of other accessories. 89,000 miles and they wanted $9,000. Man that would be nice to have that crew cab.

That would be a nice truck.

My buddy was blabbing at me about the "shitty" mileage. Who cares, you buy a 3500 or F350 or any truck with a 1 ton suspension, you're not after mileage.

Why do you need a 1 ton truck?

There have been a few times where I've needed it.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 pm

SpinnerMan wrote: :lol:

However, most people that don't haul much think their compact pickup can haul a ton or two because they don't realize how little that is.

One ton of soil is about 8 inches of dirt in the bed of my Ranger if I did my quick math correct. And that doesn't include passengers or anything else which I believe you are supposed to include. I don't haul much, so I don't worry about it, but if you do, you need something a lot bigger a lot quicker than most people realize.

You just know everything don't ya? I have a 3/4 ton truck sitting on a 1 ton suspension and I get over 22mpg. Better than I was getting with a V6 Ford Ranger I had. Just because YOU don't feel like you need a bigger truck doesn't mean that simply having the piece of mind that I can haul anything I want anytime I want is worth having it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:27 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I don't need to see fish again for awhile.

You mean Pish?

I cooked over 10 gallons of fish today, 5 lbs or hush puppies and 30 lbs of fries.

How do you cook gallons of fish. We usually do pounds of fish.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Bad17 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Olly wrote:

However, most people that don't haul much think their compact pickup can haul a ton or two because they don't realize how little that is.

One ton of soil is about 8 inches of dirt in the bed of my Ranger if I did my quick math correct. And that doesn't include passengers or anything else which I believe you are supposed to include. I don't haul much, so I don't worry about it, but if you do, you need something a lot bigger a lot quicker than most people realize.

You just know everything don't ya? I have a 3/4 ton truck sitting on a 1 ton suspension and I get over 22mpg. Better than I was getting with a V6 Ford Ranger I had. Just because YOU don't feel like you need a bigger truck doesn't mean that simply having the piece of mind that I can haul anything I want anytime I want is worth having it.

If you wanted piece of mind to be able to haul what ever you wanted when you wanted you would have a 550. You can hook to what you want when you want and haul. Also having 4 wheel drive on it as well.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Mon May 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:

If you wanted piece of mind to be able to haul what ever you wanted when you wanted you would have a 550. You can hook to what you want when you want and haul. Also having 4 wheel drive on it as well.

Using that logic you should have said I needed to drive one of those crawlers that used to roll the space shuttle out onto the pad. But you knew what I meant.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon May 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Olly wrote:

My truck is a 3/4 ton. I was told it had stock axles, but they are 8lug. Always thought only 1ton were 8 lug so I don't know.
But it will haul 3,000 lbs of fish in the bed with a boat behind it. Haha. She was bottomed out and sketchy as hell. But I was happy I don't have a 1/2 ton.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon May 25, 2015 3:14 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

My truck is a 3/4 ton. I was told it had stock axles, but they are 8lug. Always thought only 1ton were 8 lug so I don't know.
But it will haul 3,000 lbs of fish in the bed with a boat behind it. Haha. She was bottomed out and sketchy as hell. But I was happy I don't have a 1/2 ton.

Send your VIN to Dodge they will tell you. You had to special order the Dana 80 and 1 ton springs and leafs. The guy who I got my truck from bought it specifically for pulling a 5th wheel but he didn't want a dually.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon May 25, 2015 3:17 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

Send your VIN to Dodge they will tell you. You had to special order the Dana 80 and 1 ton springs and leafs. The guy who I got my truck from bought it specifically for pulling a 5th wheel but he didn't want a dually.

I'll have to do that. Who knows what the guy that put the lift kit and everything on it did though. He coulda swapped the axles for all I know.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon May 25, 2015 3:23 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

I'll have to do that. Who knows what the guy that put the lift kit and everything on it did though. He coulda swapped the axles for all I know.

If that lift kit replaced the OEM springs they never have as high a spring rate of OEM.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Bad you ok?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Bad17 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I don't need to see fish again for awhile.

You mean Pish?

I cooked over 10 gallons of fish today, 5 lbs or hush puppies and 30 lbs of fries.

How do you cook gallons of fish. We usually do pounds of fish.

Never weigh any fish other than guessing with it in hand. A gallon is a gallon bag stuffed with fillets till it won't hold any more.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bulldog0156 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:

Using that logic you should have said I needed to drive one of those crawlers that used to roll the space shuttle out onto the pad. But you knew what I meant.

A half ton Toyota Tundra did that.
Bulldog0156

Postby Olly » Mon May 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Bulldog0156 wrote:A half ton Toyota Tundra did that.

Funny looking Toyota.

Yes I know of the promo stunt you're talking about.

Fun fact, the shuttle weighed 4.5 million pounds at take off. No pickup truck is going to pull that...
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon May 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Olly wrote:

Never said it wasn't worth having or anything about gas mileage. I was just saying that most people over estimate what their truck can haul particularly people like me that have a small truck. I have a ranger, not for the gas mileage. I have it because I don't want a bigger truck. I just don't like driving the bigger vehicle around.

You laughed at the question as to why someone would need a 1 ton because they wanted to haul a ton. I laughed with you. My guess is that most people do not realize how little volume of something rather heavy like dirt is. If they did, they wouldn't wonder why someone would want a one ton truck. I don't wonder why at all. I personally just don't have a need.

I didn't say anything about gas mileage. I think most people worry way too much about that. I filled up with gas this morning. I don't even know what I paid per gallon. I just don't pay attention. If I worried about the difference between 17 and 37 mpg, I'd have a lot more to worry about first.

On that note, my ranger has 180,000 miles and it is starting to show its age. I don't believe they make rangers any more. I really don't want anything bigger. I'd get the exact same thing if they still made them. Anybody have any suggests to replace a 4x4 extended cab ranger. I really don't even know what they alternatives are in that class. I don't really want to go up in size.
SpinnerMan

Postby DixieDawg » Mon May 25, 2015 9:03 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Never said it wasn't worth having or anything about gas mileage. I was just saying that most people over estimate what their truck can haul particularly people like me that have a small truck. I have a ranger, not for the gas mileage. I have it because I don't want a bigger truck. I just don't like driving the bigger vehicle around.

You laughed at the question as to why someone would need a 1 ton because they wanted to haul a ton. I laughed with you. My guess is that most people do not realize how little volume of something rather heavy like dirt is. If they did, they wouldn't wonder why someone would want a one ton truck. I don't wonder why at all. I personally just don't have a need.

I didn't say anything about gas mileage. I think most people worry way too much about that. I filled up with gas this morning. I don't even know what I paid per gallon. I just don't pay attention. If I worried about the difference between 17 and 37 mpg, I'd have a lot more to worry about first.

On that note, my ranger has 180,000 miles and it is starting to show its age. I don't believe they make rangers any more. I really don't want anything bigger. I'd get the exact same thing if they still made them. Anybody have any suggests to replace a 4x4 extended cab ranger. I really don't even know what they alternatives are in that class. I don't really want to go up in size.

They're releasing the ranger again supposed to be in 2017 they look pretty sharp from what I've seen
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby R. Chapman » Mon May 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Why don't you get a Chevy Colorado Spinner?
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Mon May 25, 2015 10:05 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Why don't you get a Chevy Colorado Spinner?

Now that's funny :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Mon May 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Olly wrote:

Nothing wrong with the 2 colorado's the guys at the county shop use and both of them trucks have over 250,000 miles on them.
Last edited by R. Chapman on Mon May 25, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Mon May 25, 2015 10:28 pm

So last day of the IronMan match, the first two relays the mirage was horrible. Shot a 184-4x and a 182-3x. Then on the 3rd relay the clouds came in and everything cleared up. Somehow pulled a 195-9x out of my ass. I'm satisfied.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432610883.597404.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432610896.647034.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:

Colorado. I love mine. My brother has the crew cab, which is nice, but I don't like giving up the bed space. I guarantee you IV had close to a ton of firewood in the back and it did just fine.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 25, 2015 10:40 pm

Olly wrote:

Da fucks wrong with my truck?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 pm

R. Chapman wrote:So last day of the IronMan match, the first two relays the mirage was horrible. Shot a 184-4x and a 182-3x. Then on the 3rd relay the clouds came in and everything cleared up. Somehow pulled a 195-9x out of my ass. I'm satisfied.

So what place you end up in?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon May 25, 2015 10:47 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:So last day of the IronMan match, the first two relays the mirage was horrible. Shot a 184-4x and a 182-3x. Then on the 3rd relay the clouds came in and everything cleared up. Somehow pulled a 195-9x out of my ass. I'm satisfied.

5th overall out of 21 shooters. 4th place was a team USA shooter and 1st the same as well. I got to talk with them some and learned a lot. A great experience for sure.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

5th overall out of 21 shooters. 4th place was a team USA shooter and 1st the same as well. I got to talk with them some and learned a lot. A great experience for sure.

Badass. Hope ya smoke em on the next one.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Badass. Hope ya smoke em on the next one.

Ha, good one. I just need to learn how to read the wind.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:

Da fucks wrong with my truck?

Nothing, I just realized I was thinking of the Avalanche not the Colorado.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 26, 2015 6:33 am

Don't know, but I'll definitely look into them. Thanks.

DixieDawg wrote:They're releasing the ranger again supposed to be in 2017 they look pretty sharp from what I've seen

Not sure my truck will make it that long. That's why I'm going to start looking now. Nothing wrong with my truck, but it is definitely showing its age and would feel a bit uncomfortable driving off into the middle of nowhere in it. Lose that confidence and its time to get one that you have that confidence in.

I may end up getting sticker shock and say screw it. It can wait :shock:

I was talking about this with a guy at my hunting club. He wants to buy my Ranger when I sell it. I didn't tell him, but no freaking way I'm selling a truck with 180k on it to anyone that I know. It may be fine, but if it totally craps out 3 minutes after I sell it too him, what a potential headache for a few bucks.
SpinnerMan

Postby Bad17 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:41 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:Bad you ok?

Fuck what a night.
Bad17

Postby R. Chapman » Tue May 26, 2015 9:40 am

I didn't want to go back to school today. Holy fuck.
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Tue May 26, 2015 9:53 am

I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind