The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 am

DixieDawg wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432947418.666314.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432947441.936786.jpg

Nice looking pup should keep those boys busy playing all summer

He thinks he's a lap dog now...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433066769.461336.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Sun May 31, 2015 5:09 am

"Thinks"?
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun May 31, 2015 7:02 am

Ha ha.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby ohioduck » Sun May 31, 2015 7:28 am

That pup is a damn good people trainer lol.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433095080.631519.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Sun May 31, 2015 2:05 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

Did you get a new truck or something?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun May 31, 2015 5:36 pm

I haven't come across anyone Id want to take my truck without me being in it yet
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun May 31, 2015 5:36 pm

I guess my ol man. But that would be all
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun May 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Got 17+mpg in it this weekend going up north. Made me pretty happy
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun May 31, 2015 5:47 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Got 17+mpg in it this weekend going up north. Made me pretty happy

Is yours a manual? I have 35's on my truck and I'm getting about 20-21 MPG. I REALLY want to regear the axles to match the larger tire size but the lowest price I've found on doing it around is around $1400. I would do it myself if I had a 2nd mode of transportation and a garage.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Sun May 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Olly wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Did you get a new truck or something?

No but looking at a new one.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Sun May 31, 2015 6:53 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:I haven't come across anyone Id want to take my truck without me being in it yet

Even when I'm in my truck, I hate it when my buddy drives.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun May 31, 2015 8:27 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Got 17+mpg in it this weekend going up north. Made me pretty happy

Is yours a manual? I have 35's on my truck and I'm getting about 20-21 MPG. I REALLY want to regear the axles to match the larger tire size but the lowest price I've found on doing it around is around $1400. I would do it myself if I had a 2nd mode of transportation and a garage.

Yeah. It's a 5 speed. My tires are 37s. With it being that high up the shaft is at a crazy angle and I'm sure it hurts me quite a bit in the MPGs
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun May 31, 2015 10:09 pm

I swear to god that if I ever buy a house in the rainy south I will cut down every fucking tree on my property.

When I rented this house the property is very pretty with oak trees shading the entire lot. I didn't even think about the FLEAS. My poor dog, the tree coverage makes my back yard ideal for breeding fleas. It will rain then be 80+ degrees and because of the tree cover the ground stays wet a lot longer than it should.

I never thought about the fleas....
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:02 am

By that reckoning we should be up to our necks in them.
Rick

Postby Tomkat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:33 am

Good morning gents. Live today like its your last....
Tomkat

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:43 am

Rick wrote:By that reckoning we should be up to our necks in them.

I've never had a problem with them anywhere else. My yard is perfect for them is my conclusion.

Sandy soil
Always damp
Warm weather
Shady
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:50 am

R. Chapman wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I haven't come across anyone Id want to take my truck without me being in it yet

I'm just the opposite. I'd trust anyone I know with my truck. I never really got this. A car is just a piece of machinery needed to do a job. No personal attachments. I've never hesitated to loan it to anyone that needs it. One person scratched it once. They were all worried about it. Hey it's a truck. They get scratched if you use them as a truck.
SpinnerMan

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:36 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

I'm just the opposite. I'd trust anyone I know with my truck. I never really got this. A car is just a piece of machinery needed to do a job. No personal attachments. I've never hesitated to loan it to anyone that needs it. One person scratched it once. They were all worried about it. Hey it's a truck. They get scratched if you use them as a truck.

Maybe I will when I get older but would you trust another high school dip shit to borrow your truck?
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:36 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

That would be a dead human being. I like my truck more than I like my kids.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:06 am

SpinnerMan wrote:I'm just the opposite. I'd trust anyone I know with my truck. I never really got this. A car is just a piece of machinery needed to do a job. No personal attachments. I've never hesitated to loan it to anyone that needs it. One person scratched it once. They were all worried about it. Hey it's a truck. They get scratched if you use them as a truck.

Hey look at that we agree on something. I think I have one of the best makes/models and years of 3/4 pick up's ever made but at the end of the day it's just a truck. I may not throw the keys to a 16 year old who just got his license but I'll trust a grownup to move or drive my truck. I had to teach my ex GF how to drive a standard so I wouldn't have to on some trips we took.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:13 am

Oh and The Patriot Act has expired!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:19 am

Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:By that reckoning we should be up to our necks in them.

I've never had a problem with them anywhere else. My yard is perfect for them is my conclusion.

Sandy soil
Always damp
Warm weather
Shady

Your conclusion is coincidence. Break their eat, reproduce, hatch, eat, reproduce, hatch, eat and so on cycle, and they'll be gone - at least until your dog or the neighbor's cats bring in new ones from somewhere else. Don't, and they'll thrive most anywhere you live.
Rick

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:30 am

Rick wrote:Your conclusion is coincidence. Break their eat, reproduce, hatch, eat, reproduce, hatch, eat and so on cycle, and they'll be gone - at least until your dog or the neighbor's cats bring in new ones from somewhere else. Don't, and they'll thrive most anywhere you live.

Yes of course that's ALL it takes. Isn't that how you kill ANYTHING? :lol:

Flea eggs can remain doormat but viable for up to 6 months and will hatch when the right conditions are met... which would be warmth and dampness. Yards that have little tree cover and thus allow the yard to remain dryer as a whole will naturally have less fleas. Even when I remove them from my home or my dog there is zero way to stop them outside because other wildlife will continue to introduce them to my yard (a yard that is like paradise to them). I can and have treated my yard but when it rains every other day down here the treatment just washes away.

So I disagree that my yard is not to blame.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

I could care less about cosmetic. But with it being a jacked up stick shift, it's not the easiest thing in the world to drive. Took me a month to get used to it. And nowadays not many people know how to use a stick shift so that's a big part of it. I just don't want to see someone take it then crash and get hurt.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:58 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

I could care less about cosmetic. But with it being a jacked up stick shift, it's not the easiest thing in the world to drive. Took me a month to get used to it. And nowadays not many people know how to use a stick shift so that's a big part of it. I just don't want to see someone take it then crash and get hurt.

That is a very different think. Back when I had a stick, of course, being able to actually drive it was a criteria. I'm not going to loan it to a 12 year old either. Unless of course, that 12 year old has been driving for a couple years and he is not taking it on the public roads. If that is all you were talking about, well that seems like one for Captain Obvious to worry about.
SpinnerMan

Postby Bad17 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 am

You can borrow my truck my dekes my calls. You can't borrow my dog.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 am

Bad17 wrote:You can borrow my truck my dekes my calls. You can't borrow my dog.

I had a friend who wanted to rent my dog for a hunting trip that I was not invited on! Because the "boat was full". He was out of his mind.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:50 am

Olly wrote:Oh and The Patriot Act has expired!

Just temporarily the way I understand it. They're gearing up to pass it again.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:Oh and The Patriot Act has expired!

Just temporarily the way I understand it. They're gearing up to pass it again.

Yes sadly they will be passing another law that allows the same warrantless seizure of our personal data.
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind