The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:56 am

Rick wrote:I'm 65 and still have occasional nightmares about having to show up and take a final after blowing off a class all semester.
It is really funny how common that dream is. I know that I've had it.

BTW, I literally missed a midterm once. Undergrad, I went to Penn State. I took a lot of classes with large numbers of students. Many of them I rarely if ever showed for the lectures. Get the syllabus and then learned it on my own and showed up for the tests. They reschedule a test to a week earlier :shock: I was studying for it and asked one of the guys who was in the class something about the upcoming test. That's when I learned it had already happened.

They had to give me a makeup test because they are not supposed to change the dates. They did not have to give me an EASY makeup test :lol: Yeah, my test was just a tad harder than the rest of the class :lol:

Then in the same class, I over slept the final :shock: :shock: :shock: Luckily I woke up about an hour after the 3 hour exam had started. :lol: :lol: :lol: That was not really my fault. A friend of mine was flunking out of engineering. She showed up about 10PM all distraught about an upcoming exam. So I stayed up late trying to tutor her. I didn't end up going to bed util well after midnight and just slept right through my alarm for the 8AM Exam. She still flunked out of engineering. Luckily I did not fail that class. I actually learned the material quite well which was not reflected in my C for the class.

When I was a teaching assistant, I had a student that blew off the entire semester and showed up with about a week left in class asking if he could take the final :lol: We said sure. He only needed to get about 200% on the final to pass the class. Yep, he failed the class. I don't remember, but I don't think he actually showed for the final.
SpinnerMan

Postby Steele22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:59 am

Got a good one to add here. Was in college on a baseball scholarship in 1996,which I stayed in the woods and on water and failed first year and went back and finished the next 2 years. The 2nd year my roommate was a 6'5 stud of a pitcher, being watched seriously by the pros. He was failing and quit one class so had to pass the other 4 to be able to play that year and be eligible for the MLB draft of 1997. It comes final day and the one class we have together he doesn't show for the test. We both had decent grades in this class but had to take the final to pass. I call and call our apartment and no answer. I take the exam and talk the professor into giving me an hour to see what's up, so I run home to find him asleep. Call the professor and make up a bullshit story that his starter went out and he was fixing it by putting in a new one and had no way to get there. I run him in to take the test and he says without proof of a break down or repair he's failing this guy. I get the idea to run by a junk yard where we talk this guy into hand writing a receipt for about 2 hours earlier so it looked legit. He passed and got drafted by the Cleveland Indians and was a starting pitcher for a couple years till a shoulder injury got him
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Deltaman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Steele22 wrote:Got a good one to add here. Was in college on a baseball scholarship in 1996,which I stayed in the woods and on water and failed first year and went back and finished the next 2 years. The 2nd year my roommate was a 6'5 stud of a pitcher, being watched seriously by the pros. He was failing and quit one class so had to pass the other 4 to be able to play that year and be eligible for the MLB draft of 1997. It comes final day and the one class we have together he doesn't show for the test. We both had decent grades in this class but had to take the final to pass. I call and call our apartment and no answer. I take the exam and talk the professor into giving me an hour to see what's up, so I run home to find him asleep. Call the professor and make up a bullshit story that his starter went out and he was fixing it by putting in a new one and had no way to get there. I run him in to take the test and he says without proof of a break down or repair he's failing this guy. I get the idea to run by a junk yard where we talk this guy into hand writing a receipt for about 2 hours earlier so it looked legit. He passed and got drafted by the Cleveland Indians and was a starting pitcher for a couple years till a shoulder injury got him

Nice Save, and hope he appreciated your efforts :beer:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Steele22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Deltaman wrote:
Steele22 wrote:Got a good one to add here. Was in college on a baseball scholarship in 1996,which I stayed in the woods and on water and failed first year and went back and finished the next 2 years. The 2nd year my roommate was a 6'5 stud of a pitcher, being watched seriously by the pros. He was failing and quit one class so had to pass the other 4 to be able to play that year and be eligible for the MLB draft of 1997. It comes final day and the one class we have together he doesn't show for the test. We both had decent grades in this class but had to take the final to pass. I call and call our apartment and no answer. I take the exam and talk the professor into giving me an hour to see what's up, so I run home to find him asleep. Call the professor and make up a bullshit story that his starter went out and he was fixing it by putting in a new one and had no way to get there. I run him in to take the test and he says without proof of a break down or repair he's failing this guy. I get the idea to run by a junk yard where we talk this guy into hand writing a receipt for about 2 hours earlier so it looked legit. He passed and got drafted by the Cleveland Indians and was a starting pitcher for a couple years till a shoulder injury got him

Nice Save, and hope he appreciated your efforts :beer:

He did, but you'd think a man that became a millionaire coulda showed how much with a donation lol
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:21 pm

I hope you at least got some free tickets.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Getting off work early on a Friday afternoon never gets old.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:12 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I hope you at least got some free tickets.

Shit no, got a thanks man and maybe a beer or 2 lol. I told him to send me a check when he made it to the show but fucker forgot me I guess
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Just totally re-wired the 7 way plug on my truck. Had a bad ground, I hate it when people half ass stuff. Who ever installed it before I owned the truck didn't know jack about wiring.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Olly wrote:Just totally re-wired the 7 way plug on my truck. Had a bad ground, I hate it when people half ass stuff. Who ever installed it before I owned the truck didn't know jack about wiring.

Trailer lights are a pain in the ass. Hardly ever work every time you hook up
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Steele22 wrote:
Olly wrote:Just totally re-wired the 7 way plug on my truck. Had a bad ground, I hate it when people half ass stuff. Who ever installed it before I owned the truck didn't know jack about wiring.

Trailer lights are a pain in the ass. Hardly ever work every time you hook up

Mine always work. Unless someone else has had their hands in the wiring.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Oh. Ok I've never had problems on truck. Always a bulb out ground loose something on a trailer. Always it seems. You must be lucky everyone I know bitches about trailer lights
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:11 am

Steele22 wrote:Oh. Ok I've never had problems on truck. Always a bulb out ground loose something on a trailer. Always it seems. You must be lucky everyone I know bitches about trailer lights

Nah I just know to fix them, I'm always doing automotive electrical stuff for people. Trailer wiring problems are almost always a bad ground or worn out wire.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:33 am

Had a home inspection done yesterday. Apparently the owner "forgot" to disclose that the house had an electical fire in the attic and they didn't do a complete repair. Also the electrical wiring that was done in '96 was not done by a licensed electrician. I hope they realize these issues will be fixed before I sign the check. :shock:
Bulldog0156

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Bulldog0156 wrote:Had a home inspection done yesterday. Apparently the owner "forgot" to disclose that the house had an electical fire in the attic and they didn't do a complete repair. Also the electrical wiring that was done in '96 was not done by a licensed electrician. I hope they realize these issues will be fixed before I sign the check. :shock:

When my little brother bought his first house 2 years ago I remember him going through something similar. A long list of small things the seller had to fix. Stick it too them!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Olly wrote:
Steele22 wrote:Oh. Ok I've never had problems on truck. Always a bulb out ground loose something on a trailer. Always it seems. You must be lucky everyone I know bitches about trailer lights

Nah I just know to fix them, I'm always doing automotive electrical stuff for people. Trailer wiring problems are almost always a bad ground or worn out wire.

That's right. I didn't say they were hard to fix, just seems they always give trouble. Boats or anything. Usually my prob with them is knocking them off in ice lol. Think they'd put them high or set back
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Olly wrote:
Bulldog0156 wrote:Had a home inspection done yesterday. Apparently the owner "forgot" to disclose that the house had an electical fire in the attic and they didn't do a complete repair. Also the electrical wiring that was done in '96 was not done by a licensed electrician. I hope they realize these issues will be fixed before I sign the check. :shock:

When my little brother bought his first house 2 years ago I remember him going through something similar. A long list of small things the seller had to fix. Stick it too them!

Oh I will. I know where the door is and it won't hit me on the way out.
Bulldog0156

Postby quackhead » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:59 am

Time for more bird pics
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Postby Rick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:32 am

Last morning of teal, and I'm hating that it's over before it even is.
Rick

Postby quackhead » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 am

Then our afternoon grouse hunt
quackhead

Postby Rick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Now I'm jealous. I'm still blessed with pretty good waterfowling but sure miss upland hunting, which is limited to woodcock here these days.
Rick

Postby quackhead » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 pm

We had a pretty good late morning shoot
quackhead

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Spidey is racking them up.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:18 am

uploadfromtaptalk1443417482860.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443417497633.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443417516747.jpg

Decentish weekend.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:03 am

Might oughta work on that gun mount, don'tcha think?
Rick

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:33 am

Damn that's a nice haul! Only seen a handful of woodies since I started.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Steele22 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Nice hunts q head. Nice looking help you got
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Woody » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:58 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Damn that's a nice haul! Only seen a handful of woodies since I started.

For the first two years I hunted I didn't kill anything but woodies.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Woody » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Found some nice views hiking yesterday...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443497212.502298.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443497371.601225.jpg
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Woody » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Also checked out a place to duck hunt in November (pretty excited to kill some ducks with mountains in the back ground) and I ran in to a guy up on the mountain bow hunting for Black tail, got to talking to him while walking down the mountain and now we're going on a hog hunt later this year. Not a bad Sunday, even if it was in California.
Woody

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 pm

Woody wrote:Also checked out a place to duck hunt in November (pretty excited to kill some ducks with mountains in the back ground) and I ran in to a guy up on the mountain bow hunting for Black tail, got to talking to him while walking down the mountain and now we're going on a hog hunt later this year. Not a bad Sunday, even if it was in California.

Where are you at in CA Woody?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind