The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:07 am

Tiler_J wrote:
Woody wrote:Also checked out a place to duck hunt in November (pretty excited to kill some ducks with mountains in the back ground) and I ran in to a guy up on the mountain bow hunting for Black tail, got to talking to him while walking down the mountain and now we're going on a hog hunt later this year. Not a bad Sunday, even if it was in California.

Where are you at in CA Woody?

Irvine.

If it weren't for all the rules and so many people, this state would be amazing.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Tiler_J » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:35 am

Woody wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
Woody wrote:Also checked out a place to duck hunt in November (pretty excited to kill some ducks with mountains in the back ground) and I ran in to a guy up on the mountain bow hunting for Black tail, got to talking to him while walking down the mountain and now we're going on a hog hunt later this year. Not a bad Sunday, even if it was in California.

Irvine.

If it weren't for all the rules and so many people, this state would be amazing.

Irvine? Damn, you are way down in the shitty end of the state! I try to stay above San Francisco, it all goes to hell from there on down.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Goldfish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:54 am

Rick wrote:Might oughta work on that gun mount, don'tcha think?

Yea. But when I see a bird coming in range, all logical thoughts go out the window and I'm like Jojo the idiot circus boy
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am

Tiler_J wrote:
Woody wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

Irvine.

Irvine? Damn, you are way down in the shitty end of the state! I try to stay above San Francisco, it all goes to hell from there on down.

Yeah I wish No Cal was a bit closer, but I plan on making the trip up there once or twice while I'm here.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Woody wrote:Found some nice views hiking yesterday...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443497212.502298.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443497371.601225.jpg

California?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby quackhead » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:38 pm

We had another decent shoot this morning
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Olly wrote:

California?

Yes sir.
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

California?

Yes sir.

Beautiful place to visit.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

California?

Yes sir.

Beautiful place to visit.

It's a beautiful place. I've spent the last few weekends hiking in the mountains and it is jaw dropping. But I've been with in 100 yards of a big cat without knowing it and that's kind of an unpleasant feeling.
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:11 pm

The west is an amazing place. I've lived in Washington (Richland) and New Mexico (Cuyamungue and worked in Los Alamos) and traveled through a pretty fair chunk of the rest of it.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:33 am

The Easter egg hunt or Christmas morning effect has about worn off alligator fishing, and I'd sure rather be heading back out for teal than trying to finish up some tags. Especially with a cool front that should bring ducks and shut down alligators coming.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 am

Archery season starts tomorrow. Haven't seen much on my trail cams. A couple young bucks and a few does. I was expecting a little more, but not expecting a lot. What really sucks is that I will be traveling for work during peak rut activity :evil: The only time I really have a chance of seeing mature bucks, I'll be out of town. Damn it. I might be able to make the one trip a one day trip, but my bosses are really helping me out next year, so I'm debating on cutting it short to go hunting.
SpinnerMan

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:13 am

quackhead wrote:We had another decent shoot this morning

Damn fine shoot! Thanks for posting up QH, and it's good to see you back on the board!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Deltaman wrote:

Damn fine shoot! Thanks for posting up QH, and it's good to see you back on the board!!!

That's his son.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 am

Olly wrote:
Deltaman wrote:

That's his son.

Wha ???? Spidey (Hunter) is now posting????
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Woody » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:42 am

Deltaman wrote:
Olly wrote:
Deltaman wrote:

That's his son.

Wha ???? Spidey (Hunter) is now posting????

QH'sPaw -> quackhead -> Spidey
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:34 am

15 days until I'm Michigan bound!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:37 am

Olly wrote:15 days until I'm Michigan bound!

I've still got my fingers crossed... the secretary booked my plane ticket a couple days ago so I might still make it.
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:15 days until I'm Michigan bound!

I've still got my fingers crossed... the secretary booked my plane ticket a couple days ago so I might still make it.

I hope I get to see you agian but I'll be there for sure either way! Only a week this time sadly.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:42 pm

New Field and Stream store opened here in Mobile and my office started to get their magazine for free out of the blue. Saw this in this months issue, wonder if it's really all that practical and how well it would actually hold up.

doc03367920151001124353.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Olly wrote:New Field and Stream store opened here in Mobile and my office started to get their magazine for free out of the blue. Saw this in this months issue, wonder if it's really all that practical and how well it would actually hold up.

I've read about stuffers before. Supposedly it only takes a handful of them and birds commit almost immediately. Never seen one in person.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Steele22 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Works on turkey but hell of a lot more expensive and not durable. Plus decoys work fine and they see as good or better don't they
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Steele22 wrote:...not durable.

That's my take on stuffers. Most I've seen looked like old road kill before they were used, much less after, and all required regular Scotch Guarding to fend off dew, let alone rain, plus rodent proof storage.

Not saying stuffers won't toll birds well, just that a lot of old stuffer believers thought they'd seen the face of God when Big Foots came along to lift those burdens from their shoulders - and full bodies have come a very long way in terms of realism since then.
Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Steele22 wrote:Works on turkey but hell of a lot more expensive and not durable. Plus decoys work fine and they see as good or better don't they

Turkeys have great vision and are easily spooked, but they are also stupid as sticks. I've had a mess of them try to hump an inch wide plastic silhouette.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:17 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:New Field and Stream store opened here in Mobile and my office started to get their magazine for free out of the blue. Saw this in this months issue, wonder if it's really all that practical and how well it would actually hold up.

I've read about stuffers before. Supposedly it only takes a handful of them and birds commit almost immediately. Never seen one in person.

I've seen geese unwilling to commit to a big flock of real geese. As I watched I was laughing my ass off because I was thinking if I was laying out in that field I'd be certain something was up, my calling was off, the decoys needed adjusting (always makes you feel better anyways), or something.

I just cannot imagine that they are worth the money. Do they come with motion stakes :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was hunting with a guide years ago and he made a funny comment. He said even the real thing doesn't always work. If it did, there would only be one flock of geese in the world. :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby quackhead » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Deltaman wrote:

Thanks. It's that time of year
quackhead

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I've seen geese unwilling to commit to a big flock of real geese. As I watched I was laughing my ass off because I was thinking if I was laying out in that field I'd be certain something was up, my calling was off, the decoys needed adjusting (always makes you feel better anyways), or something.

I just cannot imagine that they are worth the money. Do they come with motion stakes :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was hunting with a guide years ago and he made a funny comment. He said even the real thing doesn't always work. If it did, there would only be one flock of geese in the world. :lol:

The ones I read about were duck stuffers. Geese are just a target of opportunity for me so I wouldn't have a clue.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:41 am

We've used a stuffer (called him Dewayne) for Turkey's - very effective, but didn't hold up to field conditions very well, that was hunting a few days to a week each season. They'd never last a full waterfowl season
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:10 pm

When the hell did "hot buy" decoys get so expensive. Few years ago 12 Flambaeus were around $30 now they are $60? I blame the duck commanders.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Olly wrote:When the hell did "hot buy" decoys get so expensive. Few years ago 12 Flambaeus were around $30 now they are $60? I blame the duck commanders.

I blame liberals and inflation.
Woody

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind