The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby quackhead » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Olly wrote:When the hell did "hot buy" decoys get so expensive. Few years ago 12 Flambaeus were around $30 now they are $60? I blame the duck commanders.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day when looking at some hot buys. The last ones I bought were $20/dozen WTF
quackhead

Postby Steele22 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Higdon foam filled flocked heads, only way too go. Watch video on them
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Woody » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Steele22 wrote:Higdon foam filled flocked heads, only way too go. Watch video on them

Foamers or nothing
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Willie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Steele22 wrote:Higdon foam filled flocked heads, only way too go. Watch video on them

I like my higdon too, but would not get the flocked heads...only because it wouldn't last for me. They don't float as well as my herters, but they're nice decoys and I'll buy more when needed.
Willie

Postby Steele22 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Yea I agree. Have to keep them in slotted bags apart from each other
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:30 pm

Said the prostaffer.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Steele22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Try them, you'll agree
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:15 pm

I bought a couple boxes of their battleships for this season. They seem pretty nice. We'll see how they stand up in a couple weeks, i imagine one or two will get shot at some point.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby gock5 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:40 pm

While working the Illinois State University v Northern Iowa game today, got to have my photo taken with the greatest trophy in professional sports. Sorry, don't know how to rotate it here.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
The Most Interesting Man In The World, REX "MOTHER ******" CHAPMAN!
gock5

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Olly wrote:15 days until I'm Michigan bound!

You going to be staying in the UP? How many days are you there for?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Olly wrote:When the hell did "hot buy" decoys get so expensive. Few years ago 12 Flambaeus were around $30 now they are $60? I blame the duck commanders.

I know. Pisses me off. I got this tooner setup for this year and planned on buying 4-5 dozen more to paint for divers. Not at that price though
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:42 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

I'll be up there 5 days. If you can come up there's a open spot in the boat for you.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I'll be up there 5 days. If you can come up there's a open spot in the boat for you.

I might take you up on that. I was trying to get a group of my buddies to head up the 23rd but they all had excuses.
What are the dates you'll be hunting?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:25 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I might take you up on that. I was trying to get a group of my buddies to head up the 23rd but they all had excuses.

I will be there from the 18th-23rd hunting leaving the morning of the 24th. I will be camping at the Munuscong state park camp grounds. Friday the 23rd I will more than likely be meeting up with Woody so if you want to come up before then you're more than welcome. Do you have access to a camper? The truck camper is a little lacking on space.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I will be there from the 18th-23rd hunting leaving the morning of the 24th. I will be camping at the Munuscong state park camp grounds. Friday the 23rd I will more than likely be meeting up with Woody so if you want to come up before then you're more than welcome. Do you have access to a camper? The truck camper is a little lacking on space.

I can sleep in my truck. Or my aunt has a cabin in newberry that I'll be staying at if I can get a couple buddies to come up for the weekend. Little bit of a drive to munuscong but no a big deal. I'll let you know by next week hopefully.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:I can sleep in my truck. Or my aunt has a cabin in newberry that I'll be staying at if I can get a couple buddies to come up for the weekend. Little bit of a drive to munuscong but no a big deal. I'll let you know by next week hopefully.

If it's just you, you can take the sofa bed in the camper but like I said not a lot of room to hangout around in the TC. My boat can take 4 guys so if you have some friends they are more than welcome aswell I'll be hunting alone all week until I meet up with @woody.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I can sleep in my truck. Or my aunt has a cabin in newberry that I'll be staying at if I can get a couple buddies to come up for the weekend. Little bit of a drive to munuscong but no a big deal. I'll let you know by next week hopefully.

If it's just you, you can take the sofa bed in the camper but like I said not a lot of room to hangout around in the TC. My boat can take 4 guys so if you have some friends they are more than welcome aswell I'll be hunting alone all week until I meet up with @woody.

Ok cool. I'll let you know soon as I can get an answer from some people.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Olly wrote:

We know for a fact it can't handle 5.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

Haha that's why I said 4!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

Haha. What's the story behind that?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Steele22 wrote:Try them, you'll agree

I was kidding gramps. Shit I'm on the college budget. Ain't got no money for that.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Steele22 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

what part of Ark are you in? Anywhere near Jonesboro
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Deltaman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:13 am

Steele,
How much heavier are the foam filled decoys?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Steele22 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

Not what you'd expect. All my mallards are magnum and you don't really notice any difference unless your wading in a spot carrying 2-3 dz. If doing this I'd get the standards. The battleships definately not made for carry ins. I got 3 dz pintails in them but damn they're sharp
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:39 am

Steele22 wrote:what part of Ark are you in? Anywhere near Jonesboro

Fayetteville. About 4 hours away

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:24 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

We had 5 guys in her and the engine kept turning off, as soon as one climbed out it started running fine. Nothing that interesting.
Woody

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 am

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"]
I can sleep in my truck. Or my aunt has a cabin in newberry that I'll be staying at if I can get a couple buddies to come up for the weekend. Little bit of a drive to munuscong but no a big deal. I'll let you know by next week hopefully.

We had 5 guys in her and the engine kept turning off, as soon as one climbed out it started running fine. Nothing that interesting.[/quote]
5 guys plus a dog plus 3 dozen decoys was a little much for my 35hp surface drive. Didn't help that the wind and waves were kicking up pretty good.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:15 pm

The load overheats the motor?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:48 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:The load overheats the motor?

No, just so much load we weren't going anywhere and once I had a backfire and the engine shutoff. I thought I did some kind of crazy internal damage or something but as soon as it was just me it ran just fine.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:The load overheats the motor?

No, just so much load we weren't going anywhere and once I had a backfire and the engine shutoff. I thought I did some kind of crazy internal damage or something but as soon as it was just me it ran just fine.

Gotcha. I know about overloaded all too well. Haha
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind