The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 am

I was on your forum regularly. And it was business as usual. A few injustices to respected regular members has cost this place. Like I've always said I would of liked to see things turn around. Truthfully you can not run it with a set of your opinions and take hard lines on certain subjects that paints you as a hypocrite. You can keep on with the rule breaking. But when a global mod has free ran to say and do what ever he whats. It tends to rub people the wrong way. Im over arguing, no need to make things any uglier then it already are.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:30 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:I was on your forum regularly. And it was business as usual. A few injustices to respected regular members has cost this place.[/b] Like I've always said I would of liked to see things turn around. Truthfully [b]you can not run it with a set of your opinions and take hard lines on certain subjects that paints you as a hypocrite. You can keep on with the rule breaking. But when a global mod has free ran to say and do what ever he whats. It tends to rub people the wrong way. Im over arguing, no need to make things any uglier then it already are.

Bingo. Sound Familiar Olly?
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:I was on your forum regularly. And it was business as usual. A few injustices to respected regular members has cost this place. Like I've always said I would of liked to see things turn around. Truthfully you can not run it with a set of your opinions and take hard lines on certain subjects that paints you as a hypocrite. You can keep on with the rule breaking. But when a global mod has free ran to say and do what ever he whats. It tends to rub people the wrong way. Im over arguing, no need to make things any uglier then it already are.

I'm over it too, all I ever wanted was a fun place with less rules than the typical DHC BS. For that to happen the members have to be onboard and follow the few rules we do have. I have felt that over the past year even those FEW we did have were ignored totally. You're saying that I just now started to enforce them I'm saying that until recently I didn't even need to enforce them... you guys did tha all on your own. It was awesome.

As to the BS rumors that I want to clean this place up for profit. I will say this one last time THAT IS BULLSHIT. Yes I want to attract more sponsors but why? Sponors means more good shit for you guys, more money for give aways, money for t-shirts, money ro run the damn place. It's not about me making a dime at all. Believe that or not but I think my biggest hater these days will actually back me up on that. We had many discussions about that I would like WFF to be if I had the money.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:35 am

Olly wrote: all I ever wanted was a fun place with less rules than the typical DHC BS.

so why then did you do the same damn thing they did? you could have handled shit a lot better, but you didn't and you won't.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:41 am

Olly wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:RonE aside. What rules were broken on nudity and alike. I can't think of many at all.

Like I have told many people here In the past I have always PMed people when they broke the rules because I felt like it was no one elses business. Maybe that was wrong but I've always thought it would be insulting to drag someone out like that.

and quote:
Olly wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
Because this place is run by a walking vagina.

I hope you didn't get your nose to wet because earlier today you sure where on your knees sucking up to that vagina.

loser.PNG

that "loser.PNG" is the actual PM.

can you say hypocrite?

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:45 am

So MT you've established that you don't know what bestiality is and that you don't know what a hypocrite is...

For me to be a hypocrite in your scenario WTN would have had to break a rule then I would have had to tell the entire forum about the PMs regarding the rule he broke. Me pointing out that he was being nice to me via PM and then thrashing me in public was me being a dick not a hypocrite. I know you're trying to be cool and be in "their" side but MT you haven't even been here all summer and didn't even catch what went down.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 am

Olly step away from rules for a minute man. People will have a different reaction to certain things when you have already said or done something different in the past. We all have good memories. When a person that is suppose to be fair and biased on topics isn't and can land a member in hot water for defying that opinion. Causes problems, you and dan act alot alike in that way. Look past the trouble makers....... ask yourself this if their was a couple of bad apples here. Why the fuck did everyone hop the fence to greener pastures? Many members hold the same opinion. No one twisted their arm to leave. People were fed up. The sooner you and dan think about that the quicker it could get fix.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:49 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:Olly step away from rules for a minute man. People will have a different reaction to certain things when you have already said or done something different in the past. We all have good memories. When a person that is suppose to be fair and biased on topics isn't and can land a member in hot water for defying that opinion. Causes problems, you and dan act alot alike in that way. Look past the trouble makers....... ask yourself this if their was a couple of bad apples here. Why the fuck did everyone hop the fence to greener pastures? Many members hold the same opinion. No one twisted their arm to leave. People were fed up. The sooner you and dan think about that the quicker it could get fix.

Oh I think we all know that the regulars who left will never return. Nothing will fix this. I even tried to talk directly to just you guys and was pretty much told to piss off.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am

Olly wrote:So MT you've established that you don't know what bestiality is and that you don't know what a hypocrite is...

For me to be a hypocrite in your scenario WTN would have had to break a rule then I would have had to tell the entire forum about the PMs regarding the rule he broke. Me pointing out that he was being nice to me via PM and then thrashing me in public was me being a dick not a hypocrite. I know you're trying to be cool and be in "their" side but MT you haven't even been here all summer and didn't even catch what went down.

looks to me like you dragged someone out in public by posting the PM, when you just said you wouldn't do that. that's a hypocrite Olly

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 am

Olly wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:Olly step away from rules for a minute man. People will have a different reaction to certain things when you have already said or done something different in the past. We all have good memories. When a person that is suppose to be fair and biased on topics isn't and can land a member in hot water for defying that opinion. Causes problems, you and dan act alot alike in that way. Look past the trouble makers....... ask yourself this if their was a couple of bad apples here. Why the fuck did everyone hop the fence to greener pastures? Many members hold the same opinion. No one twisted their arm to leave. People were fed up. The sooner you and dan think about that the quicker it could get fix.

Oh I think we all know that the regulars who left will never return. Nothing will fix this. I even tried to talk directly to just you guys and was pretty much told to piss off.

they might return if you'd get off your high horse.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:54 am

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
looks to me like you dragged someone out in public by posting the PM, when you just said you wouldn't do that. that's a hypocrite Olly

Not a hypocrite... sorry man. I have never once told another member who wasn't a mod about another member breaking the rules unless it was already public knowledge. Even then I usually tell the person asking to go ask the offender.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 pm

Holy shit. Everyone needs to calm their tits
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Olly wrote:

I hope that is not what you got out of it Olly. No one said to piss off and that wasn't what I intended either. We were just done arguing about it. Trying to stop a thread that basically wasn't going to go anywhere and had the potential to turn into what you have going on now.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:17 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Holy shit. Everyone needs to calm their tits

X2. For once I agree with Rex. (Damn, that hurt to type) Move on, let it go, it is what it is.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:19 pm

From the mouth of babes comes wisdom. Thanks Rex that was needed.

I'm over it, the rules are what they are and anyone is welcome here as along as they follow them. I will miss the people I once called friends and hope wherever you guys end up (on the internet) you're enjoying yourselves.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby WTN10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Olly wrote:So MT you've established that you don't know what bestiality is and that you don't know what a hypocrite is...

Do you deny that you post actual PMs?
WTN10

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:20 pm

WTN10 wrote:

Do you deny that you post actual PMs?

Just yours. You've always held a special place in my heart :D
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby WTN10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:22 pm

You don't know me. Ask Jarbo, jehler, and QS6 about me. They've met me.
WTN10

Postby sws002 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Olly wrote:

Maybe not all of them, but I think you'd be surprised. I wasn't forced to leave DHC, I came here because most of the people I enjoyed bullshitting with had jumped ship. Perhaps the problem is that you tried TALKING TO the people you pissed off instead of APOLOGIZING to them. Everyone has pretty well said what's going to be said, so what could you possibly hoped to have gained through a secret forum discussion?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby WTN10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm friends with a lot of people I've met on DHC. One of them I consider a very good friend. About every 6 months or so the stars will align and we'll get cross. I have a temper so I'll just go off. Usually, I feel justified in what I've done; I know I'm right and he's wrong. But, he's my friend. What I said hurt him. Even if I know I'm right, I'll apologize.

Why? Because sometimes you apologize because it's more important to keep a friend than be right.

Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy.
^^^
Rex has no idea what that is.
WTN10

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:31 pm

How's your day going RMFC?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

sws002 wrote:Maybe not all of them, but I think you'd be surprised. I wasn't forced to leave DHC, I came here because most of the people I enjoyed bullshitting with had jumped ship. Perhaps the problem is that you tried TALKING TO the people you pissed off instead of APOLOGIZING to them. Everyone has pretty well said what's going to be said, so what could you possibly hoped to have gained through a secret forum discussion?

There are two sides to this of course and both sides feel they are in the right. I have conceded that the rule about staying on topic was in the wrong and changed it as such. I am NOT sorry for expecting members of a free to use forum to follow the rules. I just cannot be sorry about expecting that. I am not sorry for giving RonE and time out. He broke the rules many times. I am not sorry about giving Eric a time out, he planned to troll off site. I saw proof and was give a 24h time out for trolling. Those are the rules and they broke them. As far as Gaddie getting a time out I didn't do that one...

I am absolutely sorry that this turned into this, I am sorry that I did not or could not convey my desire to right this ship sooner, I am sorry that I did not take more of a hard line from the start and that my many board wide post about trying to stay within the rules were ignored and it ended up like this. I am sorry that WFF will go on without some of the faces that help get it off the ground.

I am also sorry to the members who have nothing to do with this and have to watch this go down.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby quackhead » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Olly, just suck it up and apologize for some of the shit that you or your mods have done to scare away your core of this forum. It sucks to do sometimes but don't let your pride kill a once great forum. Don't be Rome. The guys that were here when you started and the ones who keep it lively here should be top priority to you right now.
Good luck
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Looks like my post was a little late :)
quackhead

Postby WTN10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:42 pm

My dad always had a story from the military to serve as an analogy, but neither of us have been in the military.
WTN10

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:43 pm

WTN10 wrote:My dad always had a story from the military to serve as an analogy, but neither of us have been in the military.

It's easy to tell you haven't been around in a long time when you're referencing debates from that long ago :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 pm

WTN you have 420 post right now. Toke up!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby quackhead » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Only if your in colorado or Washington, of course ;)
quackhead

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:58 pm

quackhead wrote:Only if your in colorado or Washington, of course ;)

Damn the man, save the Empire!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DixieDawg » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Bottom line on a forum, hunting, driving or anything else in this world there are rules either follow them or man up and deal with the consequences when you don't. If you don't agree with rules of something then don't be a part of it nothing personal to anybody just my .02 worth on it
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind