The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby sws002 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:46 pm

WTN10 wrote:I'm friends with a lot of people I've met on DHC. One of them I consider a very good friend. About every 6 months or so the stars will align and we'll get cross. I have a temper so I'll just go off. Usually, I feel justified in what I've done; I know I'm right and he's wrong. But, he's my friend. What I said hurt him. Even if I know I'm right, I'll apologize.

Why? Because sometimes you apologize because it's more important to keep a friend than be right.

Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy.
^^^
Rex has no idea what that is.

This. You didn't piss off everybody, from what I can gather it was less than 10 people who were really on the firing line, but damn near 50 people and 98% of your top posters didn't like how it was handled. At this point, it doesn't matter how right you may be, you need to be able to show you can be the bigger man and admit fault, whether it's yours or not.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Pretty sure I must have slept through the good parts, 'cause it sure looked to me like folks got bowed up over next to nothing and some of the kids took that butt plug we've heard so much about and went home. BFD. They'll be back or not, and I hope most of them are, but can we please move on? Been more drama queens on WFF than Bravo.
Rick

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:38 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Holy shit. Everyone needs to calm their tits

How's your day going RMFC?

Fanfuckingtastic, you?
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Rick wrote:Pretty sure I must have slept through the good parts, 'cause it sure looked to me like folks got bowed up over next to nothing and some of the kids took that butt plug we've heard so much about and went home. BFD. They'll be back or not, and I hope most of them are, but can we please move on? Been more drama queens on WFF than Bravo.

You can include me in that group. You're right it's time to move on, this butt plug has been so damn uncomfortable.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:55 pm

I've spent the last 15 minutes just staring at these photos. They are colorized and retouched photos from the 1975 Soviet Venus lander probe Venera-9. These are the first images of the surface of Venus and someone recently touched them up from the original files. That's another fucking planet and not just Mars which we seem to have so many photos of these days.

Another planet.

vWV1AQR.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:Pretty sure I must have slept through the good parts, 'cause it sure looked to me like folks got bowed up over next to nothing and some of the kids took that butt plug we've heard so much about and went home. BFD. They'll be back or not, and I hope most of them are, but can we please move on? Been more drama queens on WFF than Bravo.

You can include me in that group. You're right it's time to move on, this undersized butt plug has been so damn uncomfortable.

At least you're able to admit. Maybe FF can get you one that would fit more proper for you> :mrgreen: :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm

R. Chapman wrote:At least you're able to admit. Maybe FF can get you one that would fit more proper for you> :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

You made me laugh Rex but not why you think. I think I'd rather have an undersized butt plug than one that was too big! Haha

I think you meant OVERsized
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm guessing I'm more to blame for all this than anyone, and some may see it as butthurt but I can assure you my ass is fine.
There was a hiatus from wff for a while because of hurt feelings, I will not discuss that, that was between Olly and I, and has nothing to do with the situation now.

I came back to the forum to check up on you guys and as soon as I started getting back into the swing of things I got banned for posting a picture of a camel toed woman in a dress, she was clothed, it had already been deleted and was being talked about but I assumed it was a different pic as I didn't find it at all that offensive. Dan banned me, Dan is a friend, I had to call Dan and apologize for putting him in that position, talk about awkward. After my time out I come back on and get yelled at by nuff for talking about scoter in a thread about favorite birds because it's in the upland forum....

I tried airing some opinions in some thread Aj started but it hit me, it's not my forum, if Olly wants threads always on topic and no racy pics then he should have it, ollys is my friend I'm not going to piss on his leg, it's not in my character to piss on a friends leg. I don't want the awkward feeling of having a friend have to moderate me. The chances of me changing my personality are non existent so I left. I started a chat group on Facebook so I could keep up with everybody, that turned into a Facebook group, it has occurred to me since that I wasn't the only one feeling alienated as the group is now 50 strong and blowing up my phone. Thanks red for taking the heat.

I have absolutely nothing against Dan, He's a stand up guy and i feel lucky to know him, very few guys have the same interest in divers I do.

Olly, honestly I don't know what to say, I've been so confused at the mixed messages you have put out over the last few months I at times have been worried about you, you want threads to stay on topic then you don't care? Is there one or two people you had issues with or everyone? That's a troll, he's a troll, everywhere a troll troll, There are things going on I don't know about.... Why the fuck don't I know about them? It's all just so weird and honestly the drama is so fucking stupid it's the reason I'm happier just fucking around on Facebook. The ONLY reason I am saying this is because I like you enough to tell you what's on my mind. I am doing it publicly because I think pm's for shit like this is maybe what's caused so many problems to date? It would be awesome to have this place back to what it was, but if what it was wasn't what you wanted then I guess we are at a standstill
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:32 pm

And I'm not trying to rekindle a debate, there is no debate as I see it, just checking in and airing out. Jr and I are out prepping for mi's first early teal season Monday. I'll check back in a few days and let you know how we did ;)
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

How's your day going RMFC?

Fanfuckingtastic, you?

Great. On the way back to Texas for the dove opener.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:56 pm

jehler wrote:

I'm guessing I'm more to blame for all this than anyone, and some may see it as butthurt but I can assure you my ass is fine.
There was a hiatus from wff for a while because of hurt feelings, I will not discuss that, that was between Olly and I, and has nothing to do with the situation now.

I came back to the forum to check up on you guys and as soon as I started getting back into the swing of things I got banned for posting a picture of a camel toed woman in a dress, she was clothed, it had already been deleted and was being talked about but I assumed it was a different pic as I didn't find it at all that offensive. Dan banned me, Dan is a friend, I had to call Dan and apologize for putting him in that position, talk about awkward. After my time out I come back on and get yelled at by nuff for talking about scoter in a thread about favorite birds because it's in the upland forum....

I tried airing some opinions in some thread Aj started but it hit me, it's not my forum, if Olly wants threads always on topic and no racy pics then he should have it, ollys is my friend I'm not going to piss on his leg, it's not in my character to piss on a friends leg. I don't want the awkward feeling of having a friend have to moderate me. The chances of me changing my personality are non existent so I left. I started a chat group on Facebook so I could keep up with everybody, that turned into a Facebook group, it has occurred to me since that I wasn't the only one feeling alienated as the group is now 50 strong and blowing up my phone. Thanks red for taking the heat.

I have absolutely nothing against Dan, He's a stand up guy and i feel lucky to know him, very few guys have the same interest in divers I do.

Olly, honestly I don't know what to say, I've been so confused at the mixed messages you have put out over the last few months I at times have been worried about you, you want threads to stay on topic then you don't care? Is there one or two people you had issues with or everyone? That's a troll, he's a troll, everywhere a troll troll, There are things going on I don't know about.... Why the fuck don't I know about them? It's all just so weird and honestly the drama is so fucking stupid it's the reason I'm happier just fucking around on Facebook. The ONLY reason I am saying this is because I like you enough to tell you what's on my mind. I am doing it publicly because I think pm's for shit like this is maybe what's caused so many problems to date? It would be awesome to have this place back to what it was, but if what it was wasn't what you wanted then I guess we are at a standstill

John thank you for your honest words. I think that in the end the people that left just want a place to BS. It has nothing to do with duck hunting, hunting in general or the community. You said what I have been saying, you are happier having a "chat room". I just want you guys to be happy and if that's in a "chat room" style place with no structure then that's where you need to be. A forum by it's inherent nature is a structured place.

I don't know if you saw but I did take your advice and I did change the rule about topics staying on topic. You made a good point and I fixed it to a fair compromise.

As to your confusion about the way I handle things sometimes That is all on me. I have been very naive and taken a lot of this personally and have felt very insulted because to me it's incredibly rude to act the way some have on a free to use forum. If you guys were paying a monthly fee and paying me to run this place I think I would have looked at it differently but I have spent so much time and money on this place it stings when people can't respect what to me are simple rules. It's not like I was trying to control everything you guys did but the insults and childish push back I received when I would PM someone or enforce a rule insulted me a lot. More than it should have I guess.

I hope I see you around and everyone else that left but I think there was a lot of push back on both sides and now it's come to a head and sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and move on.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 pm

John, always good to see your posts on here, and although I don't contribute as much as a lot of our members, have always felt as if I was in the family. Lot of great guys on here with solid info and a great sense of humor that I have always enjoyed. I am not aware of all that has transpired, but do hate that some of our solid members have taken a hiatus, and hope they come back. Good Luck Monday, hope you and Jr slay'em :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:33 pm

jehler wrote:Jr and I are out prepping for mi's first early teal season Monday. I'll check back in a few days and let you know how we did ;)

Please do.
Rick

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

X2. For once I agree with Rex. (Damn, that hurt to type) Move on, let it go, it is what it is.

Yup. Unless I missed something I never saw anything that should have get people this worked up.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:56 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

X2. For once I agree with Rex. (Damn, that hurt to type) Move on, let it go, it is what it is.

Yup. Unless I missed something I never saw anything that should have get people this worked up.

Someone mentioned butt plugs. That would get me pretty angry :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm

jehler wrote:After my time out I come back on and get yelled at by nuff for talking about scoter in a thread about favorite birds because it's in the upland forum....

I never yelled at you or anyone. Sorry if it came off that way. I just posted a simple reminder of what forum the discussion was in. I never deleted anything or was even upset about the posts. I just didn't want to see a good there's in the upland forum get turned into a page of diver hunting.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409349967.437907.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409349996.121319.jpg
setting up for the last free weekend before the steel starts flying on Monday. Wife said she wanted one more weekend before I get back to normal in February lol
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Rick wrote:
jehler wrote:Jr and I are out prepping for mi's first early teal season Monday. I'll check back in a few days and let you know how we did ;)

Please do.

I'm ready to go and should be out on the bay everyday of the teal season but opening day. Hopefully I can get some of the little buggers to cooperate. Teal are all new to me, so we'll see how it goes.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm

I've recently been interested in renewable energy. I think it's cool from a tech stand point. One problem I'm running into when I read about it or watch videos about it. Hippies. Hippies everywhere....
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Renewable energy?? Wtf thought you started to get into line work lol
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:14 pm

On a different note...people are starting to pull in. Let the party get started!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409350426.914269.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Steele22 wrote:Renewable energy?? Wtf thought you started to get into line work lol

Mainly Solar/wood. I think it'd be cool to have a homestead totally off the grid.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Yea I hear ya. Would be cool
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Steele22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409350731.278027.jpg
party is started
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Olly wrote:I've recently been interested in renewable energy. I think it's cool from a tech stand point. One problem I'm running into when I read about it or watch videos about it. Hippies. Hippies everywhere....

Dude, hippie chicks put out like big time maaann
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Olly wrote:I've recently been interested in renewable energy. I think it's cool from a tech stand point. One problem I'm running into when I read about it or watch videos about it. Hippies. Hippies everywhere....

Dude, hippie chicks put out like big time maaann

:lol: I don't need some hairy mammoth who smells like Gouda cheese to get laid. Lucky for me I have fair success with the ladies that like to bath.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Yea if you like to cuddle up with hairy legs and arm pits
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby bill herian » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Those hippie chicks will do things to you that the prim and proper gals don't even know about.
bill herian

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm

**This post is reserved for QH to tell me if I had more wisdom I wouldn't turn away those hippie chicks**

:qh: Miss you old man!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:53 pm

bill herian wrote:Those hippie chicks will do things to you that the prim and proper gals don't even know about.

Like braid their foot long pubes into your beard.
WisconsinWaterfowler

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind