The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:54 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Surgery went as well as can be expected, Drs were very happy.

Now, we wait to see if it has the desired results.

The prayers and concerns are much appreciated

Good to hear. Praying recovery goes better than expected.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

x2
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

x2

X3. Keep the prayers going
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:Those are all mackerel.

Shoulda ate the shark

The guide said it would stink up the place.

I figured it'd be illegal to keep anyway. :lol: I also would assume it's be tough and not very good but whatever.

No restrictions on black tips in Florida.

Since they have no bladder and store their urine in their meat (which eventually bleeds out through their skin), the fillets need to be soaked in water, changed out a couple of times over a few days, and the meat will come out white, with no fishy taste at all.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby DixieDawg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm a little late getting on here Dan but be praying for him hoping all goes well
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Deltaman wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:[quote="Woody"]Those are all mackerel.

Shoulda ate the shark

The guide said it would stink up the place.

I figured it'd be illegal to keep anyway. :lol: I also would assume it's be tough and not very good but whatever.

No restrictions on black tips in Florida.

Since they have no bladder and store their urine in their meat (which eventually bleeds out through their skin), the fillets need to be soaked in water, changed out a couple of times over a few days, and the meat will come out white, with no fishy taste at all.[/quote]

That sounds like some interesting biology right there. May inspire some reading.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:43 pm

What's up guys? Just got back from hiking around for a few days in North Alabama.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:45 pm

My neighbor back home died today.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Sorry to hear that DH.

Dan, I'm glad everything went accordingly.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:54 pm

You northern guys need to check this out and post some pictures. I got to watch a mild white show some years back while on a waterfowl hunting trip near the Northwest Territories. It was a full moon night so it was a bit subdued. I would love to view a high charged show.

http://www.space.com/28845-solar-storm-auroras-st-patricks-day.html
DComeaux

Postby Goldfish » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 pm

I'm seriously debating taking a drive out into the country to see them
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:05 am

Not something you'd get to see every day.
Rick

Postby Olly » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

In the UP every once in a blue moon you could see the Aurora it was something I'll never forget.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:03 am

Olly wrote:In the UP every once in a blue moon you could see the Aurora it was something I'll never forget.

I go to Aurora all the time. It is quite forgettable.

Party on.

I wish I would have seen D's post. I have never seen one and would love to and would have definitely taken a drive outside of town :(
SpinnerMan

Postby Flyway Stalker » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:26 am

Just thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still alive and hav'nt forgotton about you.
The last couple months have not been very kind to the family, if you recall back in dec, I was asking for prayers for my brother who was fighting bacterial spinal meningitis, he was released from the hospital to a rehab center around dec, 30th. Two days after that my Mother was admitted to the hospital with pneaumonia, unfortunetly Mom lost her battle on Feb, 13th at the young age of 75. A week before Moms passing, my brother had a relaps with his infection in his back that landed him back in the hospital and 5 doors down from Mom. He spent a week in the hospital and was released 6 hours before Mom passed on.
If this all wasn't bad enough, I myself was diagnosed with pneaumonia 2 weeks ago and just took my final round of antibiotics today, I still have a horrible cough, but feelinging stronger every day.
For what it's worth, my Mom, like anyone's Mom, was a very speacial person in my life and I miss her dearly. I am who I am, from head to toe because of the speacial gifts she blessed me with. I will love and miss her forever.

So Dan, I know exactly the struggles you are going through right now and I know a pretty special lady who just got to Heaven that I will ask to keep an eye on your nephew and get him to a speedy recovery.
Best of luck to you and your family.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:14 am

That's rough man. Keep your head up, and do your exercises to keep that crap out of your lungs!
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

Damn that's some terrible shit. Hope stuff starts to level back out for you.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:01 am

Olly wrote:In the UP every once in a blue moon you could see the Aurora it was something I'll never forget.

I remember seeing it quite a few times when I was younger up at the lake by Charlevoix. Has been probably 10 years now though.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:59 am

Ugh
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Ugh

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Just thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still alive and hav'nt forgotton about you.
The last couple months have not been very kind to the family, if you recall back in dec, I was asking for prayers for my brother who was fighting bacterial spinal meningitis, he was released from the hospital to a rehab center around dec, 30th. Two days after that my Mother was admitted to the hospital with pneaumonia, unfortunetly Mom lost her battle on Feb, 13th at the young age of 75. A week before Moms passing, my brother had a relaps with his infection in his back that landed him back in the hospital and 5 doors down from Mom. He spent a week in the hospital and was released 6 hours before Mom passed on.
If this all wasn't bad enough, I myself was diagnosed with pneaumonia 2 weeks ago and just took my final round of antibiotics today, I still have a horrible cough, but feelinging stronger every day.
For what it's worth, my Mom, like anyone's Mom, was a very speacial person in my life and I miss her dearly. I am who I am, from head to toe because of the speacial gifts she blessed me with. I will love and miss her forever.

So Dan, I know exactly the struggles you are going through right now and I know a pretty special lady who just got to Heaven that I will ask to keep an eye on your nephew and get him to a speedy recovery.

Hate to hear you folks have been through such a grinder. My condolences on the loss of your mom, that's an awful tough one.
Rick

Postby Woody » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Ugh

That's not spelled the same.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby sws002 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:Just thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still alive and hav'nt forgotton about you.

Sorry to hear that bud. Text me when that cough clears (don't wanna get baby sick) I'll buy you a beer.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks - sorry to hear of your troubles, will pray for healing and peace

They are talking about sending my nephew home Friday...they cut out part of his brain Tuesday. I'm amazed by modern medicine.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Blows my mind that my wife has been gone for a week and I just caught up on laundry by doing one regular size load. When she's home that is easily four loads.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Laundry day sucks.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Blows my mind that my wife has been gone for a week and I just caught up on laundry by doing one regular size load. When she's home that is easily four loads.

Isn't it ridiculous?
Goldfish

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Sleeping outfit, sitting on couch outfit while working, throw in clothes to go meet someone, back to the couch with new couch outfit and once again sleeping clothes. I wear the same damn pants for 3 days! 2 pair gets me through a week!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:08 pm

You guys are gonna make some guy a good wife someday
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Not if he's got a shitton of laundry!