The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:41 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:This is why meth should be legalized.

Just proof that people that want to use drugs can and will.

I know you were trolling but it proves my point exactly that drugs being illegal doesn't stop anyone that really wants to drop acid of smoke meth from doing so.

Nope. Just means you have to go to a criminal to get it.

Do drug dealers check ID?

You weren't here I don't think but then biggest WFF debate of all time was the should drugs be legal or illegal debate. It makes me tired just thinking about doing that again :lol:

With the great success that has come as a result of the prohibition on drug, even more success than the prohibition of alcohol, I don't know why there is even a debate. How could it ever get worse?

After all, you can't legislate your morality, but I can legislate mine :thumbsup:

I think if you are a nicotine addict, you are an idiot pissing away your life and money, but you should not be a criminal or even pay a higher tax rate than someone spending their money on the "right" thing. Same with alcohol, some with pot, same with meth, same with ice cream sundaes or even Big Gulps, same with sex with random strangers of any gender for free or a fee, same with gambling, same with the entire spectrum of things people do to damage their lives.

We are moving to put in place a de facto ban on nicotine and people are already starting to die. That's why that big guy in NYC died. He was a black market drug dealer and the drug he was dealing was tobacco because of the insanely high taxes on tobacco. Sin taxes just make the government the drug dealer with a vested interest in protecting their profits and they do so with force like so many other drug dealers.

For those that think some of these things should be illegal, what fraction of society would call the cops if they found out that their adult children were doing it or even their neighbor that they don't particular care for, but aren't looking to screw over? If the answer is damn few, it is doomed to fail.

If society won't even call the cops if their adult kid or neighbor murders someone, then society is doomed to fail.

Put a ton of laws in place that society won't help enforce simply creates the environment where society will not help enforce the laws that must be enforced and everything goes to hell from there. People argue that it was the drugs that did the harm. I disagree. It is the general lawlessness and local acceptance of the lawlessness.

Every law should be enforced relentlessly if for only one simple reason.

“The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.” Abraham Lincoln

It's against Arkansas law to have tobacco on campus. Most of my classmates, myself included, dip in class. Teachers don't give a shit. Some of the stuck up mother fuckers will turn you in and you get a fine. Now my neighbors in the dorm smoked pot everyday and I'm sure they weren't the only ones. RAs didn't care and never turned them in but had I been caught with Copenhagen I would have gotten a fine. It's ridiculous the way culture has turned, tobacco users are cast as black sheep and illegal drug users are becoming accepted. I have no problem with what someone else does but people that do legal things ought to be treated better than those that don't.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:54 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:It's against Arkansas law to have for adults to have a legal product on a college campus.
Absolutely retarded.

BTW, kick the habit. It's a waste of your life and your money.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:It's against Arkansas law to have for adults to have a legal product on a college campus.
Absolutely retarded.

BTW, kick the habit. It's a waste of your life and your money.

It's on the list. I have before but dealing with the jackasses on campus brought me back.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 am

The Duck Hammer wrote: but people that do legal things ought to be treated better than those that don't.

5931_1p93_whiteonly.jpg

History is filled with people that thought being on the "right" side of the law meant they should be treated better than others.

I'm not really addressing the tobacco argument because I agree that is stupid. Just pointing out your argument that "if I follow the law I'm better than those that don't" is flawed.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:25 am

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote: but people that do legal things ought to be treated better than those that don't.

5931_1p93_whiteonly.jpg

History is filled with people that thought being on the "right" side of the law meant they should be treated better than others.

I'm not really addressing the tobacco argument because I agree that is stupid. Just pointing out your argument that "if I follow the law I'm better than those that don't" is flawed.

Racism always comes up. Literally can't make an argument because I'm a racist. :(

Just kidding. I see that but in this case it's not. I've been on the other side of the fence on a few issues because some laws are bullshit but things come and go.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Racism always comes up. Literally can't make an argument because I'm a racist. :(

Just kidding. I see that but in this case it's not. I've been on the other side of the fence on a few issues because some laws are bullshit but things come and go.

I couldn't decide what would have driven the point home better. That picture or one of some 1940's German soliders laughing and smoking while jews were behind a fence in the back ground.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 am

I would have rather seen the German soldiers. Better than being called a racist... Again... Although that was a race thing too so you were still calling me a racist. Thanks Olly.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ohioduck » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:39 am

Buncha racists in here.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby Woody » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:45 am

Better than queers.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:46 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:I would have rather seen the German soldiers. Better than being called a racist... Again... Although that was a race thing too so you were still calling me a racist. Thanks Olly.

I should just change my avatar to a picture of Al Sharpton.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:47 am

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I would have rather seen the German soldiers. Better than being called a racist... Again... Although that was a race thing too so you were still calling me a racist. Thanks Olly.

I'll second that.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:51 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:

I'll second that.[/quote]

This belongs here.

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Olly wrote:

Image Image

Put on that hat and glasses, a little Just for Men in the mustache, I don't know.
SpinnerMan

Postby ohioduck » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:20 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Olly wrote:

Image Image

Put on that hat and glasses, a little Just for Men in the mustache, I don't know.

Could be brothas :o
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:39 pm

From another motha.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby quacknstack6 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:00 pm

You puddle pirates are best friends now ain't ya?
assateague wrote:
Tomkat wrote:AT, will you get that first pintail mounted?

I'll more than likely just mount it right there in the field.
quacknstack6

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:15 am

Hi
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:19 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Hi

What have you been up to man?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 am

Olly wrote:

Probably robbing old ladies of their retirement funds.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 am

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

Probably robbing old ladies of their retirement funds.

Never gets old.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:20 am

Did you guys see the video of the cop in South Carolina that shot the guy in the back? Cop is IMO rightfully being charged with murder but if he gets off with ANYTHING other than a life sentance there is going to be another bigger Ferguson.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/so ... death.html

You can find the video on youtube which clearly shows the cop running back to pick up the taser and then tossing it at the feet of the suspect.

Guys like this give all the good cops out there bad names and make normal people do as much as they can to avoid any interactions with the police.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:54 am

Olly wrote:Cop is IMO rightfully being charged with murder

I'm not sure. Clearly the killing was illegal and he deserves real jail time.

However, every illegal killing is not murder.

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/violent_crimes/degrees.murder.htm

As I understand it, he faces the death penalty. I don't see evidence to support that.

It may be second degree murder, but even that I'm skeptical. While the killing was clearly intentional, the nature of his job is quite different. If you or I pursued a criminal, we are at a minimum in a grey area and possibly in the wrong. A police officer that FAILS to pursue a criminal is in the wrong. This is his job. I think this was akin to driving really drunk at a high rate of speed down crowded streets and killing someone and not murder. Now there could be evidence that I have not seen that suggests otherwise, but I think he deserves a couple years or so in jail and not the death penalty. Also, I believe he may have planted the taser to cover up what he had done. I would tack 2 years on just for that, if true. I believe overall he deserves around 5 years in jail.

I think over charging in order to get a plea is an injustice. It is abuse of power. While I am 100% pro death penalty, I just do not see it here. That's why I'm skeptical about calling it murder. However, it is a close call even with giving the guy the benefit of the doubt (presumption of innocence) as the justice system should do if it is truly a justice system and not a lynch mob veiled as the law.

Obviously it all depends on the law in SC. I just cannot believe there is any actual evidence to support any of the things that you would hope are necessary to get a conviction and death sentence. It's not like he walked up to him and put a bullet in his head.

Olly wrote:Guys like this give all the good cops out there bad names and make normal people do as much as they can to avoid any interactions with the police.
This cop has had interactions with probably thousands of people. He has killed ONE. While I think he should go to jail, the reason this guy is dead and the other 9,999 are not is because of the actions of this man. We all know that when we interact with cops that there are a few of them like this guy, so we don't get in a fight, we don't do the things this guy did that led to the cop killing him. The man did not deserve to die, but damn it, when you are dealing with an armed man and all cops are armed, don't be a fucking moron because what good is it if you are dead and the bad cop is in jail?

NORMAL people do not get in scuffles with armed men if they can avoid it.

NORMAL people do not get killed by bad cops in traffic stops because they act like normal people.

This is what happens when two morons cross paths. One ends up dead and one in jail. The only thing noteworthy in this whole thing is that one of the morons was a cop. If the moron that got dead was a white moron killed by a white moron cop, I'm not sure if it would even be noteworthy.

There is a simple way to deal with police interactions.

This should be a public service announcement in every school. He would not be dead if he had followed Chris Rock's simple rules.

SpinnerMan

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:02 am

Spinner nailed it.
Woody

Postby Olly » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:36 am

SpinnerMan wrote: I'm not sure. Clearly the killing was illegal and he deserves real jail time.

However, every illegal killing is not murder.

This is true but shooting an UNARMED fleeing man in the back who does not pose a serious threat to the officer or civilians is murder. What evidence do you have to support your claim that the officer didn't make the choice to murder this man? Did you watch the video at all? What threat level did the UNARMED man pose to the officer? There is zero justifaction here that I can see for the shooting and that makes it murder.

SpinnerMan wrote: It may be second degree murder, but even that I'm skeptical. While the killing was clearly intentional, the nature of his job is quite different. If you or I pursued a criminal, we are at a minimum in a grey area and possibly in the wrong. A police officer that FAILS to pursue a criminal is in the wrong. This is his job. I think this was akin to driving really drunk at a high rate of speed down crowded streets and killing someone and not murder. Now there could be evidence that I have not seen that suggests otherwise, but I think he deserves a couple years or so in jail and not the death penalty. Also, I believe he may have planted the taser to cover up what he had done. I would tack 2 years on just for that, if true. I believe overall he deserves around 5 years in jail.

Are you seriously saying that because the cop IS a cop he should be held to a different standard than everyone else? Serious question.

SpinnerMan wrote: Obviously it all depends on the law in SC. I just cannot believe there is any actual evidence to support any of the things that you would hope are necessary to get a conviction and death sentence. It's not like he walked up to him and put a bullet in his head.

I don't think you watched the video by this statement. He shot an UNARMED man who was running away who at the most could have been charged with simple assult. The officer had no reason to suspect the man was a greater threat than that and as it turns out he had never had a violent crime on his record. Just a piece of shit dad missing child support payments.

SpinnerMan wrote:This cop has had interactions with probably thousands of people. He has killed ONE.

Oh nevermind everything is okay guys. He's only killed one out of thousands of people. So just a question and this is a serious one. How many people does he have to kill before he's a bad guy? Seriously, that was not a troll question.

SpinnerMan wrote: NORMAL people do not get killed by bad cops in traffic stops because they act like normal people.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/23 ... en20130423

Yea NORMAL people totally never get shot by the cops at traffic stops. None at all.

SpinnerMan wrote: There is a simple way to deal with police interactions.

Just obey citizen. We're here to proctect you. Am I right?

There are thousands and thousands of good cops out there. There are also more bad cops than we've ever known about and now that we are living in a digital age and almost everyone as a video camera on them 24/7 we are finally able to out this bad cops. This guy is a murderer IMO and he should be treated the same as anyone else regardless of his profession.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:43 am

Olly wrote:Did you guys see the video of the cop in South Carolina that shot the guy in the back? Cop is IMO rightfully being charged with murder but if he gets off with ANYTHING other than a life sentance there is going to be another bigger Ferguson.

You can find the video on youtube which clearly shows the cop running back to pick up the taser and then tossing it at the feet of the suspect.

Guys like this give all the good cops out there bad names and make normal people do as much as they can to avoid any interactions with the police.

I'm usually hard pressed to say a cop has a bad shoot, especially with what's going on today. BUT that sumbitch straight up murdered that fellow. No reason for him to have been gun downed like that. IMO the death penalty shouldn't be taken off the table for this guy, he probably won't get it but what he did was cold blooded and there was no excuse for.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 am

Aaannnd I'm about to get reamed again. Not my fucking week. :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:55 am

He also shot EIGHT times. Five hits, three fliers from what I heard last night and this morning. Eight times. The guy is running away, poses no threat and gets shot at eight times. If I got in a fight with somebody, they turned and ran, and then I shot at them eight times I'd get fried. The cop is a US citizen just like myself, I hope, therefore he should face the full extent of the law. No freebies for a hazardous job, he wasn't drafted it was a choice.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:57 am

Woody wrote:Spinner nailed it.

I watched the video and may have changed my mind.

I still agree with the Chris Rock video Spinner posted, though. The dead guy made an extremely poor decision and would still be alive if he had just accepted the punishment he had coming for being a dead beat father.
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:00 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:Did you guys see the video of the cop in South Carolina that shot the guy in the back? Cop is IMO rightfully being charged with murder but if he gets off with ANYTHING other than a life sentance there is going to be another bigger Ferguson.

I'm usually hard pressed to say a cop has a bad shoot, especially with what's going on today. BUT that **** straight up murdered that fellow. No reason for him to have been gun downed like that. IMO the death penalty shouldn't be taken off the table for this guy, he probably won't get it but what he did was cold blooded and there was no excuse for.

You get in a fight, you legitimately fear for your life, but the guy let's you go, you don't just go back to your rational self instantly.

There was NOTHING cold blooded about that. Criminal. No doubt.

Everything I have heard suggest that it MAY have been legitimate for him to have shot him in self defense seconds before he actually did. You want to execute someone for that. No way.

The Duck Hammer wrote:He also shot EIGHT times.
Over 3 seconds. He freaked and emptied his gun. That is not cold blooded. It is criminal.

Woody wrote:I watched the video and may have changed my mind.

The big question is what happened before the video. Why are they so far from the car and what happened during that time.

Innocent until proven guilty. He didn't set out to kill a man. Did he lose his cool or get freaked out? Who knows?
SpinnerMan

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind