The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:31 pm

I would need about 4,090 Valium to ride a bus for 13 hours
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:International Production & Processors Expo.

I was close.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Woody » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm

One thing I knew for sure....

It has nothing to do with hunting.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Got away from the hut but during our exit the bus rider decided to take out a bush and a couple metal poles. I'm sitting right above the rear axels and they are vibrating like a mother fucker. Hopefully we make it to Atlanta.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:16 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I would need about 4,090 Valium to ride a bus for 13 hours

I packed plenty of Copenhagen. Probably gonna have to get more when we start back.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DixieDawg » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:07 pm

This was posted on another forum I'm on keep your fingers away from a progressive reloader
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Damn! Homemade meat straw.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Holy fucking ouch!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 am

Memphis, Tennessee

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 am

Memphis, Tennessee

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby sws002 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 am

Where?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:13 am

I don't know.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 am

Winfield Alabama. Lady at the gas station only had one front tooth. Also fuckin freezing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422344438.008227.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 am

Made it to Atlanta. Wish they'd get us to the damn motel so I can go back to sleep.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 am

I'd rather hitchhike
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flyway Stalker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 am

capt1972 wrote:
Flyway Stalker wrote:Anybody ever had a PETA pilot fly his plane over your spread 100 yards off the deck 3 seperate times while you have geese checking you out and wanting in?
I just did yesterday.
It wasn't like the birds are hard enough to convince to committ this time of year without this asshole blowing 3 groups that we may had a chance at. Sucks for him though, we have a good idea where he landed on some private property and the game warden is not a happy guy after hearing about it. He said he will be talking to the police helicopter and checking with the airport authority.

per the FAA:
Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.

He was clearly less than 500', as the warden said: I can't believe he would want to fly that close to geese who could take him down if he hit one. I know this warden pretty well, he was a cop when I was on the Fire Dept, and he was pissed.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby Flyway Stalker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 am

Deltaman wrote:
Flyway Stalker wrote:Anybody ever had a PETA pilot fly his plane over your spread 100 yards off the deck 3 seperate times while you have geese checking you out and wanting in?
I just did yesterday.
It wasn't like the birds are hard enough to convince to committ this time of year without this asshole blowing 3 groups that we may had a chance at. Sucks for him though, we have a good idea where he landed on some private property and the game warden is not a happy guy after hearing about it. He said he will be talking to the police helicopter and checking with the airport authority.

You did the right thing, but dammit man, bet it was tempting not to put a few loads of steel into the fuselage of said plane.

My boys are just like me 25+ years ago, it's a good thing I was there to talk some sense into them, they wanted to take the fucker down. Back then I would have went to his landing site and put the butt of my gun in his fucking teeth, damn near did that day.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:56 am

Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:13 hour ride to Atlanta, Georgia. Departs in 49 minutes...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422310322.066724.jpg

Why?

All the strip clubs.

Why do you think they hold so many expos there?
SpinnerMan

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Woody wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:13 hour ride to Atlanta, Georgia. Departs in 49 minutes...

Why?

All the strip clubs.

Nothin like going to the pink pony and getting T-bone steak on a paper plate for 5 bucks and looking at someone's butthole while you eat it.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:22 am

I was scared to re-read what Spinner wrote
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:51 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:And duck season is officially over.... Bring on the heat.

I want some snow first!! I need at least a month of winter.

It hasn't snowed there?

Ain't got shit for snow here. Got one storm with about 4" and that was it. Snowmobile trails are down to dirt. Supposed to get 3" tomorrow. But that won't help much.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Woody wrote:

Why?

All the strip clubs.

Nothin like going to the pink pony and getting T-bone steak on a paper plate for 5 bucks and looking at someone's butthole while you eat it.

Sounds like a good time to me
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am

What's the deal with all you souther guys!?! No one could kill ducks this year?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:What's the deal with all you souther guys!?! No one could kill ducks this year?

Sucked. My guys only killed 1,100 or so.
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Nuff, if you had any idea how few ducks we get on the AL coast, how hard we have to hunt to kill'em, and the legions of new duck commanders that have joined the ranks in the last 2 years, you would have a much better understanding. Our resource isn't getting any bigger, but our user group has exploded. I actually had a fair season, but worked my fanny off through the end, sometimes until sunset. Didn't post much about it because it pales in comparison to most of the hunts that get posted on here, and seemed like every time I started to post a hunt, had problems with Photobucket (the picture hosting site I use). 90% of the ducks we get here are Gadwalls, and they learn real fast, rafting up in the open waters of the bay, and coming in at dark to feed. The only decent days to hunt with bird movement in our delta are caused buy a strong South wind, as that is what it takes to get them off the open water. A strong North wind just pushes them to the head of the open waters of the bay, very frustrating. Been hunting ducks here since I was a tike, will be 58 this year, and the changes over the past few years are humbling. There is no daylight flight to speak of any more, very depressing. Almost all private land is leased out to deer hunters, and most of them do not appreciate the hunting of ducks during deer season. There are exceptions, but very few. I hunted almost every Saturday and Sunday, as well as a few vacation days and most holidays, and killed more than most, but nothing compared to some of the hunts by you, leg band, Rick, etc........ I only had 5 limit hunts, and two of them were in LA. Most hunts averaged between 4-8 ducks, and again mostly Gadwalls. I was able to kill a few Mottles, and could've killed a lot more (found'em packed in a few marsh holes), but with a limit of 1 ea, kinda frustrating. Mix in a few teal, spoonies and bluebills, and there you have it. We will kill an occasional Mallard, Pintail, Red head or Canvasback, but they are like the hyperactive kid that gets a gold star in 3rd grade......... rare! No matter, I'll chase'm as long as I can..........love dat chit!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Deltaman wrote: Almost all private land is leased out to deer hunters, and most of them do not appreciate the hunting of ducks during deer season.

Deer hunters make me laugh.

Normal is normal and deer are not bothered by normal.

I hunt deer on a duck hunting club. The duck hunters are shooting all around and the deer simply do not care. One of my stands is so close to a blind that it is not safe to hunt if there are duck hunters in that blind. It's not unusual to walk to the truck and have a deer standing by the truck.

My Dad has killed more deer than anyone I knew at the time. It was not unusual for him to have to set down his coffee and cigarette in order to pick up his rifle and shoot the deer. He ran a trapline on the property and every day he was out there drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes.

My very first morning ever deer hunting. I had a deer pass in front of me at about 40 yards or so. It was making a lot of noise walking through the leaves, but I never was able to pick it out of the brush. It was making so much noise that my Dad thought that I had cold and was heading down to him. Imagine his surprise when he looked over his shoulder and sees a buck at about 20 yards. Oops, time to put down the coffee and cigarette and shoot this guy.

My brother shot his first buck this year. It was bedded in my parents back yard. They noticed when the dog barked at it. My Mom, Dad, and niece watched it from the living room for awhile before my brother stopped by after work to pick up his daughter. My mom said at one point my niece made a bunch of noise and the deer looked down their way, but didn't care. My brother got the rifle circled around the house for a clean shot. The deer saw him, but what did he have to worry being so close to a house. Little did this old buck know he picked the wrong house to ride out deer season :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Rick wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:What's the deal with all you souther guys!?! No one could kill ducks this year?

Sucked. My guys only killed 1,100 or so.

What's a normal year?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:17 pm

I know a lot of birds stayed north late this year. I'm wondering if it had to do with the really late spring.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Deltaman wrote:Nuff, if you had any idea how few ducks we get on the AL coast, how hard we have to hunt to kill'em, and the legions of new duck commanders that have joined the ranks in the last 2 years, you would have a much better understanding. Our resource isn't getting any bigger, but our user group has exploded. I actually had a fair season, but worked my fanny off through the end, sometimes until sunset. Didn't post much about it because it pales in comparison to most of the hunts that get posted on here, and seemed like every time I started to post a hunt, had problems with Photobucket (the picture hosting site I use). 90% of the ducks we get here are Gadwalls, and they learn real fast, rafting up in the open waters of the bay, and coming in at dark to feed. The only decent days to hunt with bird movement in our delta are caused buy a strong South wind, as that is what it takes to get them off the open water. A strong North wind just pushes them to the head of the open waters of the bay, very frustrating. Been hunting ducks here since I was a tike, will be 58 this year, and the changes over the past few years are humbling. There is no daylight flight to speak of any more, very depressing. Almost all private land is leased out to deer hunters, and most of them do not appreciate the hunting of ducks during deer season. There are exceptions, but very few. I hunted almost every Saturday and Sunday, as well as a few vacation days and most holidays, and killed more than most, but nothing compared to some of the hunts by you, leg band, Rick, etc........ I only had 5 limit hunts, and two of them were in LA. Most hunts averaged between 4-8 ducks, and again mostly Gadwalls. I was able to kill a few Mottles, and could've killed a lot more (found'em packed in a few marsh holes), but with a limit of 1 ea, kinda frustrating. Mix in a few teal, spoonies and bluebills, and there you have it. We will kill an occasional Mallard, Pintail, Red head or Canvasback, but they are like the hyperactive kid that gets a gold star in 3rd grade......... rare! No matter, I'll chase'm as long as I can..........love dat chit!

She ain't peaches and cream here either. You pretty much described how the mallards are here on the bay. I only had 2 limit hunts and one was with 10 buffies and 2 bb. The other was a nice mixed bag.
At the end of the year I was getting a few solo 4 mallard limits. But those birds are dumb and decoy nice. And I was shooting good. But I worked my ass off scouting, busting ice and putting out decoys by myself for 4 ducks.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Got a job offer from Tyson.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind