The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Olly wrote:http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Families-of-Newtown-Shooting-Victims-Sue-Bushmaster-Gun-Seller-285819681.html

Families if the new town shooting are suing Bushmaster.

Protection of arms commerce act 2005. They can't win shit.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Duckdog wrote:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

Another article I read said that Connecticut has a state law that might allow this because they are arguing that Bushmaster misrepresented the rifles by not rightfully explaining how dangerous they are. That's their angle.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Olly wrote:

Another article I read said that Connecticut has a state law that might allow this because they are arguing that Bushmaster misrepresented the rifles by not rightfully explaining how dangerous they are. That's their angle.

Can't work. If it does that's absolute shit. Case in point. A rapist breaks into your house attempting to rape your girlfriend, she pulls out your scary black gun and kills the motherfucker. Then said motherfuckers family sues bushmaster for the rapist death. Yeah, I don't think so.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:

Can't work. If it does that's absolute shit. Case in point. A rapist breaks into your house attempting to rape your girlfriend, she pulls out your scary black gun and kills the motherfucker. Then said motherfuckers family sues bushmaster for the rapist death. Yeah, I don't think so.

Did you forget how the liberal mindset works?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flyway Stalker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Society has gotten to the point where everybody has a right but nobody has a responsibility! (Joe Pags)
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:54 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Olly wrote:

Did you forget how the liberal mindset works?

True but still there is no way they could misrepresent how dangerous they are. A hammer will kill shit dead, a car will kill shit dead, shit a fuckin stick will kill shit dead. Does any of that have warning labels? Can I sue estwing if somebody killed my brother with a hammer? Fuck no, Id get laughed out of court.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 pm

The US legal system is a fucking joke sometimes. Bushmaster will probably settle out of court on this one though. Wish theyd fight it just to see how itd turn out.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:The US legal system is a fucking joke sometimes. Bushmaster will probably settle out of court on this one though. Wish theyd fight it just to see how itd turn out.

I agree man but bushmaster is a joke compared to other firearms manufacturers.

Got the day of tomorrow, that means I'll be heading out to get a little hunting in, cold front moving through so hopefully I'll see some birds.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Regardless of bushmaster's standings what happens when the come after FN, Wilson Combat, or Berretta? Still no big deal?

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Regardless of bushmaster's standings what happens when the come after FN, Wilson Combat, or Berretta? Still no big deal?

Who said it wasn't a big deal? I was saying Bushmaster is a joke and will roll over. Other companies like Barrett Arms and Magpul Industries have proven they will not be rolled over like this.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Regardless of bushmaster's standings what happens when the come after FN, Wilson Combat, or Berretta? Still no big deal?

Who said it wasn't a big deal? I was saying Bushmaster is a joke and will roll over. Other companies like Barrett Arms and Magpul Industries have proven they will not be rolled over like this.

Bushmaster learned it's lesson in 2003 when it settled out of court. With the new legislature they'd be stupid to do that again.

Here's what I'm talking about if you don't know. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 am

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:A settlement outside of court sets no precedent legally speaking. It may encourage victims and their families to follow suit, but eventually they will try it on a company that will stand up and once that happens it will end.

Their settlement just postpones the inevitable. That is if they settle.

Isn't it common in law suits to site past settlements as kind of "giving in". I'm probably wrong though.

I'm pretty sure common law precedent is only for cases decided over by a judge and taken to trial.

Correct, settlemenst are outside the courts and have no precident on future trials.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:17 am

Unfortunately, that New Town family is going to get paid for the B.S. lawsuit.

Kinda like that woman didn't know that coffee from McDonalds is hot.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:41 am

This thread has been getting awfully political lately.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Unfortunately, that New Town family is going to get paid for the B.S. lawsuit.

We're on the same page, look up a few post.
NuffDaddy wrote:This thread has been getting awfully political lately.

It's fun to BS about politics.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 am

In other news my power went off last night and I over slept my alarm to go hunting. Lame.

I swear my street looses power for some reason or another at least once a month.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Unfortunately, that New Town family is going to get paid for the B.S. lawsuit.

You may want to read up on that hot coffee case... If I am not mistaken the lady got third degree burns and the coffee was thought to be nearly 300*F. She had a real case and should have won.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 am

Woody wrote:

You may want to read up on that hot coffee case... If I am not mistaken the lady got third degree burns and the coffee was thought to be nearly 300*F. She had a real case and should have won.

Wasn't the fact that she claimed she didn't know the coffee was hot that made the case famous? Not that she was burned
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 am

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

Wasn't the fact that she claimed she didn't know the coffee was hot that made the case famous? Not that she was burned

I believe that was made up. What she really claimed was that she didn't expect it to be that hot.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 am

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

I believe that was made up. What she really claimed was that she didn't expect it to be that hot.

Ahhhh how did she even have a case? There is no standard for coffee temps is there?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 am

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:

Ahhhh how did she even have a case? There is no standard for coffee temps is there?

A reasonable expectation that she would not receive third degree burns inside her mouth when she took a sip would be a good place to start with a standard and i would argue a legitimate claim.

Even if McDonald's didn't have a guarantee that it wouldn't burn you, the end used has a reasonable expectation to not receive bodily harm when properly using a purchased item.
Woody

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 am

The machine was putting out coffee hotter than mcdonalds intended to. If she claimed she didn't know it was going to be that hot they do that to support their case under the tort of negligence. The money she got basically just covered the reconstructive surgeries to put her hoohah back together.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 am

Flightstopper wrote:The machine was putting out coffee hotter than mcdonalds intended to. If she claimed she didn't know it was going to be that hot they do that to support their case under the tort of negligence. The money she got basically just covered the reconstructive surgeries to put her hoohah back together.

I read that McDonald's made the coffee hotter so their customers could have their coffee last longer hotter. Or at least that's what they claimed.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:04 am

Yeah that and I think they had some knob they turned up or it was stuck on high and they didn't fix it. Something along those lines
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:04 am

Olly yes there is a standard on how hot coffee has to be to be served in a restaurant.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Bad17 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:06 am

Also I am pretty confident bushmaster will not roll over mainly because of the importance of this whole case on the precedent it will set. They will not be alone the NRA, Colt, Remington, anyone who makes guns will have a plea with them and push them and assist them with legal matters. There will be sooooooo many attorneys involved with this and the paper work I don't know if the families will have the money or if the firm will have the money to take in this.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:07 am

Bad17 wrote:Olly yes there is a standard on how hot coffee has to be to be served in a restaurant.

Who sets that? Where do I find that in writing? Federal or state level?

So many questions...
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 am

FDA?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Bad17 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:17 am

I would guess states but you would have to look it up. I'm not going to. It might be each restaurant sets it too. I have a guy here who has a restaurant on the side. He is trying to find it. He says there's a max temp
Bad17

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind