The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:[quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435795097.852090.jpg

But with black and grey in color, maybe a little white.

Are you gonna make it look permanently dirty so you can ride around and think you are an off road bad ass and try to impress girls.

Are you gonna put extendable mirrors on it so you can ride around hauling ghost trailers.

They don't make flip up mirrors for 85 step sides

They make anything for anything. It only takes time and money.

You're forgetting the most important part. A public need/desire for the product. No one is going to buy $300 tow mirrors for a 80's 1/2 ton gas truck. So no one will ever make them.

I would bet that someone somewhere has had a set made. Just cause you don't see the logic in it doesn't mean that it isn't something someone would love to have on their truck[/quote]
Prove it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:55 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Are you gonna make it look permanently dirty so you can ride around and think you are an off road bad ass and try to impress girls.

Are you gonna put extendable mirrors on it so you can ride around hauling ghost trailers.

You're forgetting the most important part. A public need/desire for the product. No one is going to buy $300 tow mirrors for a 80's 1/2 ton gas truck. So no one will ever make them.

I would bet that someone somewhere has had a set made. Just cause you don't see the logic in it doesn't mean that it isn't something someone would love to have on their truck[/quote]
Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:[quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it[/quote]
I'm not the one making crazy claims! Back up that smack talk old man!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it[/quote]
I'm not the one making crazy claims! Back up that smack talk old man! [/quote]
Old people are allowed to make crazy claims and go off our experience in dealing with many people over our lives.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:[quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it[/quote]
Old people are allowed to make crazy claims and go off our experience in dealing with many people over our lives.[/quote]
Have a lot of manufacturing and marketing experience in the automotive industry do ya?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it[/quote]
Old people are allowed to make crazy claims and go off our experience in dealing with many people over our lives.[/quote]
Have a lot of manufacturing and marketing experience in the automotive industry do ya?[/quote]
Nope I've just been blessed with being associated with the most redneck car idiots ever to be born and have seen the shit they will spend money on because they think it looks cool.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:[quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it[/quote]
Have a lot of manufacturing and marketing experience in the automotive industry do ya?[/quote]
Nope I've just been blessed with being associated with the most redneck car idiots ever to be born and have seen the shit they will spend money on because they think it looks cool.[/quote]
I'll agree with that but usually the idiots putting stupid shit on their cars are economically disadvantaged and there is a price point to the shit they will buy.

Big difference between bullet hole stickers and expensive mirrors.

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="Olly"][quote="Bad17"][quote="R. Chapman"]Haha, look more like this:

Prove it.[/quote]
You prove it[/quote]
Nope I've just been blessed with being associated with the most redneck car idiots ever to be born and have seen the shit they will spend money on because they think it looks cool.[/quote]
I'll agree with that but usually the idiots putting stupid shit on their cars are economically disadvantaged and there is a price point to the shit they will buy.

Big difference between bullet hole stickers and expensive mirrors.

[/quote]

http://m.ebay.com/itm/370826179588
Bad17

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Those aren't the mirrors people put on and flip up for ghost trailers.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 pm

I never said they don't make tow mirrors for it I said they aren't going to make mock diesel tow mirrors for it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 pm

And if they made those they have made the others I'm sure. Just admit that you could be wrong. I know it's extremely hard for you to do but just try it.
Bad17

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Bad17 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Haha, look more like this:

It's going to be my ride, and I've got a motor in the shop that when this 400 block goes out, the 383 stroker is going in along with a 5 speed tranny. Fuck the towing mirrors, if rather spend the money on a 2-3" suspension lift on it. I am going to order my bumper for it from Iron Cross through work for dirt cheap by the end of the summer when I get around to it.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:26 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
Bad17 wrote:

It's going to be my ride, and I've got a motor in the shop that when this 400 block goes out, the 383 stroker is going in along with a 5 speed tranny. Fuck the towing mirrors, if rather spend the money on a 2-3" suspension lift on it. I am going to order my bumper for it from Iron Cross through work for dirt cheap by the end of the summer when I get around to it.

Get on it and go. Can't wait to see the finished truck.
Bad17

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Oh, it's a 94 SLE Olly, not an 85 haha, the 88-98 body style is completely different from the 77-87 or what ever the body style before the 88-98 started.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Bad17 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
Bad17 wrote:

It's only money
R. Chapman

Postby Bad17 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
Bad17 wrote:

It's only money

You ain't lying there. Only money and time.
Bad17

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 pm

I need some tow mirrors for my dodge so I can flip them up and really look like a douchebag!
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:51 pm

I beat the hell out of her last weekend though. Needs new tie rods, u joints all around, track bars, and ball joints. Most of that was going bad, but I did it in last weekend.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:09 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:I beat the hell out of her last weekend though. Needs new tie rods, u joints all around, track bars, and ball joints. Most of that was going bad, but I did it in last weekend.

You going to install the ball joints yourself?
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:13 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I beat the hell out of her last weekend though. Needs new tie rods, u joints all around, track bars, and ball joints. Most of that was going bad, but I did it in last weekend.

You going to install the ball joints yourself?

Fuck no. I hate working on trucks. My parents know a guy that owns a garage and gives us a pretty good deal on everything. Gonna have hime do it all.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Don't blame you, when I rebuilt the front end on the truck it took 14 hours to break all 8 ball joint rivets with an air impact gun. That's while breaking two snap-on sockets (Pops wasn't very happy about that). I see why shops charge $1500 for a whole front end rebuild, that shit sucked balls.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:23 am

R. Chapman wrote:Don't blame you, when I rebuilt the front end on the truck it took 14 hours to break all 8 ball joint rivets with an air impact gun. That's while breaking two snap-on sockets (Pops wasn't very happy about that). I see why shops charge $1500 for a whole front end rebuild, that shit sucked balls.

Yup. Id rather pay $500 for labor to do it then waste 2 days all pissed off trying to do it myself
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 am

Bad17 wrote:

Those ghost trailer haulers crack me up.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:01 am

Bad17 wrote:And if they made those they have made the others I'm sure. Just admit that you could be wrong. I know it's extremely hard for you to do but just try it.

Could be and are.

Miles apart.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 am

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:And if they made those they have made the others I'm sure. Just admit that you could be wrong. I know it's extremely hard for you to do but just try it.

Could be and are.

Miles apart.

Also I believe I said extendable mirrors not flip out mirrors. So I showed they make what I was talking about.
Bad17

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 am

You two fight and bullshit like old women.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bad17 wrote:

Those ghost trailer haulers crack me up.

It's a dodge thing. You wouldn't understand...
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 am

R. Chapman wrote:Don't blame you, when I rebuilt the front end on the truck it took 14 hours to break all 8 ball joint rivets with an air impact gun. That's while breaking two snap-on sockets (Pops wasn't very happy about that). I see why shops charge $1500 for a whole front end rebuild, that shit sucked balls.

Take a grinder to the heads first, then they'll break thru. Did my S-10 in a matter of hours
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Goldfish wrote:

Take a grinder to the heads first, then they'll break thru. Did my S-10 in a matter of hours

Now that I think about, that's one of those "How come I was so stupid at the time to not think about that idea?" Mother fucker.
R. Chapman

Postby Bad17 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 pm

R. Chapman wrote:You two fight and bullshit like old women.

Listen hear lil whippersnapper.
Bad17

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind