The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm referring more to the dipshits who have been calling nonstop for the past 3 days asking if we have any .223 left because Obama is trying to ban it. I wish I had a couple thousand rounds stocked up right now, I'd triple my money in a heartbeat.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:47 pm

sws002 wrote:
Olly wrote:
sws002 wrote:I was mostly referring to the comments regarding steel core ammo.

Oh, well I think most of us know that the ATF isn't coming after "normal" lead core .223 ammo. The thing I was saying was that it's not that big of a leap for them to say that "normal" lead core .223 is just as dangerous as the steel core armor piercing ammo and since they would have already had that ban in place it will make it easier to ban all AR ammo.

Steel core ammo is already banned, XM855 is not steel core ammo, it is steel tipped. Believe it or not, if this ammo was only being shot out of standard AR's, it's very likely we wouldn't even be having this conversation. AR pistols are the hot button issue with the ATF right now, and apparently being able to "conceal" a weapon which can shoot steel-tipped ammo is a huge concern.

I'm surprised the ATF hasn't tried to ban Ar pistols or put them under the AOW category yet. They seem to think they are the devils firearm of choice here lately.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

It's not even AR pistols that they are concerned with, it's those stupid fucking Sig arm braces that finally broke them.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

sws002 wrote:I'm referring more to the dipshits who have been calling nonstop for the past 3 days asking if we have any .223 left because Obama is trying to ban it. I wish I had a couple thousand rounds stocked up right now, I'd triple my money in a heartbeat.

I know I was just having some fun with you. I bought the ammo SPECIFICALLY to resell. After Sandy Hook normal ball ammo was being sold for over $1.00/rd!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

sws002 wrote:It's not even AR pistols that they are concerned with, it's those stupid fucking Sig arm braces that finally broke them.

Yeah I have to agree with that. I don't really see the issue though. If I had a pistol id be inclined to just throw the gas tube up to my shoulder in a pinch.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DixieDawg » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Personally I prefer the LAR in .308 anyway but I don't agree with banning any ammo or firearm bans and laws only keep an honest man honest not a criminal
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:07 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
sws002 wrote:It's not even AR pistols that they are concerned with, it's those stupid fucking Sig arm braces that finally broke them.

Yeah I have to agree with that. I don't really see the issue though. If I had a pistol id be inclined to just throw the gas tube up to my shoulder in a pinch.

I get it. Basically, the ATF defines a long gun as something meant to be fired from the shoulder, nothing more, nothing less. Handguns are basically anything that isn't meant to be fired from the shoulder. Sig arm braces are right between that, in that they aren't meant to be fired from the shoulder, but are designed in a way that allows them to do just that. That, of course, allows people to circumvent SBR laws by having a weapon capable of being fired from the shoulder that has less than a 16" barrel. However, as was stated before, we all know from not being morons that all any laws passed will serve to do is keep honest men honest.

On a related note, this picture from the founder of Carnik Con absolutely cracks me the fuck up. This is him at SHOT Show with two Sig arm braces taped to his shoulders. Fuck Tha Police!
IMG_847466041514021.jpeg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Those sig arm braces are stupid. All SBR laws are stupid, I can order SBR uppers all day long and not need a stamp until I attach it to a lower. Some say that having both is enough to get you busted for "intent" but fuck that. I don't think anyone has ever been busted for that. How does the ATF know that my intent was to put the SBR upper on that bare lower? Maybe I had plans to make it into a damn desk lamp?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Olly wrote:Those sig arm braces are stupid. All SBR laws are stupid, I can order SBR uppers all day long and not need a stamp until I attach it to a lower. Some say that having both is enough to get you busted for "intent" but fuck that. I don't think anyone has ever been busted for that. How does the ATF know that my intent was to put the SBR upper on that bare lower? Maybe I had plans to make it into a damn desk lamp?

Agreed. I honestly don't mind the suppressor and full auto tax stamps, but SBR doesn't make much sense to me.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 pm

sws002 wrote:Agreed. I honestly don't mind the suppressor and full auto tax stamps, but SBR doesn't make much sense to me.

Why do you think it's okay to be taxed for a suppressor or full auto?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Quite honestly, because I've seen the dumbfucks I sell guns to, and I'm okay with them having to jump through a few extra hoops before they possess that kind of firepower. Perhaps suppressors don't belong under the tax stamp, and I could actually see laws on those relaxing in the future, but full auto, I'm sorry but some people just aren't ready for what that entails.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:40 pm

sws002 wrote:Quite honestly, because I've seen the dumbfucks I sell guns to, and I'm okay with them having to jump through a few extra hoops before they possess that kind of firepower. Perhaps suppressors don't belong under the tax stamp, and I could actually see laws on those relaxing in the future, but full auto, I'm sorry but some people just aren't ready for what that entails.

I don't agree but thanks for explaining.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Olly wrote:
sws002 wrote:Quite honestly, because I've seen the dumbfucks I sell guns to, and I'm okay with them having to jump through a few extra hoops before they possess that kind of firepower. Perhaps suppressors don't belong under the tax stamp, and I could actually see laws on those relaxing in the future, but full auto, I'm sorry but some people just aren't ready for what that entails.

I don't agree but thanks for explaining.

I know you don't, and I understand why. I just see too many fucks with more money than brains, that buy AR's because they look cool. Nothing wrong with that, but if given the option to go full auto, those dumbfucks would go out in the country and let loose a hail of gunfire, sending hundreds of rounds of 62 grain hot metal death flying into oblivion.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Woody » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:06 pm

62 grains of hot metal death... That's some poetic shit, man. :clap:

Not that I agree with you, but I like your creative writing.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:20 pm

sws002 wrote:I know you don't, and I understand why. I just see too many fucks with more money than brains, that buy AR's because they look cool. Nothing wrong with that, but if given the option to go full auto, those dumbfucks would go out in the country and let loose a hail of gunfire, sending hundreds of rounds of 62 grain hot metal death flying into oblivion.

Have you ever fired a full automatic rifle? I have. I've shot an M16, M249B, M2HB Browning, Uzi-9. Firing the full auto M16 was not THAT much faster than doing a mag dump on a semi auto AR. From my personal experience controlling a full auto rifle in the terms of trying to stay on target is a lot harder.

Here's a video of an semi vs full auto. I timed it 5 times and got an average of 22 seconds it took for the semi to finish firing after the M16 was done. I assume they had the same amount of rounds to start with. So you're logic that we should tax or stop "dumb fucks" from being able to send a lot of ammo down range in a short amount of time because the world would be safer is a little flawed. A semi auto AR can send rounds down range almost as fast. 22 seconds almost to be exact.

It sounds like what you should be advocating if you want to keep in line with your logic is that we should be restricted to single shot rifles.

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby sws002 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Olly wrote:
sws002 wrote:I know you don't, and I understand why. I just see too many fucks with more money than brains, that buy AR's because they look cool. Nothing wrong with that, but if given the option to go full auto, those dumbfucks would go out in the country and let loose a hail of gunfire, sending hundreds of rounds of 62 grain hot metal death flying into oblivion.

From my personal experience controlling a full auto rifle in the terms of trying to stay on target is a lot harder.

This is more what I was referencing. Harder to control means that much closer to out of control, which is a big deal when you ate holding a weapon capable of launching a bullet a mile or more.

While you say rate of fire isn't that much more, 22 seconds is A LOT of time considering standard mag capacity, nearly 1 second per round.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:27 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1425169574641.jpg

Making dinner tonight. Needed two cups of milk. Last drop in the house exactly.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:30 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425169825.778487.jpg

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:49 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425169825.778487.jpg

Right. Making venison/beef stroganoff
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 am

Olly wrote:

Running out of milk is one of my biggest fears. I love milk!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby DComeaux » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

Running out of milk is one of my biggest fears. I love milk!

Yeah, milk, it does a body good.

images.jpg
DComeaux

Postby Goldfish » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Olly wrote:

Have you ever fired a full automatic rifle? I have. I've shot an M16, M249B, M2HB Browning, Uzi-9. Firing the full auto M16 was not THAT much faster than doing a mag dump on a semi auto AR. From my personal experience controlling a full auto rifle in the terms of trying to stay on target is a lot harder.

Here's a video of an semi vs full auto. I timed it 5 times and got an average of 22 seconds it took for the semi to finish firing after the M16 was done. I assume they had the same amount of rounds to start with. So you're logic that we should tax or stop "dumb fucks" from being able to send a lot of ammo down range in a short amount of time because the world would be safer is a little flawed. A semi auto AR can send rounds down range almost as fast. 22 seconds almost to be exact.

It sounds like what you should be advocating if you want to keep in line with your logic is that we should be restricted to single shot rifles.

But I bet these numb nuts aren't dumping their mags right now with the exception of trying to bump fire every so often. If they had full auto, you know they would be every time.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby capt1972 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Fuck this Weather! Fuck it right in the pussy!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:49 pm

capt1972 wrote:Fuck this Weather! Fuck it right in the pussy!

65 degrees and slightly cloudy? Yea I hate it too.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Olly wrote:
capt1972 wrote:Fuck this Weather! Fuck it right in the pussy!

65 degrees and slightly cloudy? Yea I hate it too.

Salt in the wound buddy.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Another month or two and I'll be bitching about the heat.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Olly wrote:Another month or two and I'll be bitching about the heat.

And I'll still be bitching about the snow.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Supposed to snow here Wednesday. I'm ready for summer somethin fierce.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Olly wrote:Another month or two and I'll be bitching about the heat.

I would love to be bitching about heat right now.
Woody

Postby flyn88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:39 pm

High of 40 tomorrow. Warmest day I have seen in a while. Definitely ready for some bonfires.
flyn88

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind