Random Pictures

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Random Pictures

Postby Duckdog » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Looks like an old nail gun strip :lol:

x2 :lol:

without a doubt, not bone.

Oh Lord.....If it is, I'm gonna wring her little neck! :) lol!!
It looks way too big to me to be a nail gun strip.
I'll try to get her to send me another pic with something to gauge the size of it.
Duckdog

Postby Duckdog » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:15 pm

That's hilarious! It looks like it very well could be! The real funny part is,...I'm a carpenter!! LOL!
Those first pics made it look big to me...oh well. She's gonna bring it home tomorrow, so I guess I'll get a better look.

Duckdog

Postby gila-river » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Well, that makes me glad I didn't Assafact it and tell you it was from some rare desert plant:lol:
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Duckdog wrote:That's hilarious! It looks like it very well could be! The real funny part is,...I'm a carpenter!! LOL!
Those first pics made it look big to me...oh well. She's gonna bring it home tomorrow, so I guess I'll get a better look.

Haha that's great!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 pm

My afternoon, x-rays and doc visit with gramps.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby gila-river » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 pm

jarbo03 wrote:My afternoon, x-rays and doc visit with gramps.

Hope Gramps gets a good warranty Jarbo!
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:30 pm

gila-river wrote:

Hope so, unfortunately he is acting his age, at least physically.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby gila-river » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
gila-river wrote:

Well, we will pull for him. Thank him for his service from the Ayers family and I sure as shit hope they do right by him at you guys VA hospital. All that shit with the Phoenix one was a real black eye for this state.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby RonE » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Duckdog wrote:My daughter's down visiting her Grandpa in AZ and she found this today. I have no idea what it is!
Anyone?? I sent it to a couple of my desert dwelling buddies, but haven't got a response yet.

Your daughter has probably just found the missing link.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Definitely a chupacabra spine.
clampdaddy

Postby Duckdog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 am

I texted her what we thought it might be, and her reply was,...

'But, I found an ear too!!"....."I don't know what kind, but it was definitely an ear" :shock:

My father in law's place down there backs up to some big national forest area. Gila, you probably know it...
They have critters galore in the back yard,...including beaucoup buzz worms!! A LOT... Several times IN the house!
Fuck that shit!
Duckdog

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 am

gila-river wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
gila-river wrote:

Well, we will pull for him. Thank him for his service from the Ayers family and I sure as shit hope they do right by him at you guys VA hospital. All that shit with the Phoenix one was a real black eye for this state.

Thanks man. He's in good shape for the shape he's in. Very few dull or unfunny moments while hanging out with him. A few years ago he finally went in and got his disability, 64 years later. A German 88 round went off in a building close to the other side of a kneewall he was behind, lost most of his hearing. Also got frostbite and suffered from trench foot in Feb of '45. Never wanted disability cause he could still work and pay his bills.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Goldfish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:35 am

Wtf??
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Duckdog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 am

I used to love hearing the old WWII stories from my Grandpa, and I'm the only person he told most of them to.
I hope your Grandpa is getting the service and healthcare he deserves Jerry, mine sure didn't.
Duckdog

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:40 am

Duckdog wrote:I texted her what we thought it might be, and her reply was,...

'But, I found an ear too!!"....."I don't know what kind, but it was definitely an ear" :shock:

My father in law's place down there backs up to some big national forest area. Gila, you probably know it...
They have critters galore in the back yard,...including beaucoup buzz worms!! A LOT... Several times IN the house!
Fuck that shit!

Does there happen to be a cedar fence with ring shank nails in the back yard too?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Duckdog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 am

I don't know, I haven't been to that house. The last time I was down there, he lived in Scottsdale. Most of those places have those stucco or adobe looking wall fences.
Duckdog

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 am

Duckdog wrote:I used to love hearing the old WWII stories from my Grandpa, and I'm the only person he told most of them to.
I hope your Grandpa is getting the service and healthcare he deserves Jerry, mine sure didn't.

They seem to be doing him right, I tend to question everything going on. Those WWII stories are great, few others know what he went through.

BTW, got the loader all switched over to 12ga tonight.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Duckdog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:51 am

jarbo03 wrote:
Duckdog wrote:I used to love hearing the old WWII stories from my Grandpa, and I'm the only person he told most of them to.

They seem to be doing him right, I tend to question everything going on. Those WWII stories are great, few others know what he went through.

Right on,...Do you happen to know what unit he served in?
Duckdog

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 am

Duckdog wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

Believe it was 83rd infantry, can find out for sure tomorrow.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby AKPirate » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:10 am

jarbo03 wrote:
Duckdog wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

Jerry- See if you get him to type some stories out or tell them to you, way too cool!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 am

Hahahah damn oldie goldie, you watch some weird stuff man.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby waterfowlman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:33 am

You're a good man Jarbo!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 am

waterfowlman wrote:

You're a good man Jarbo!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please don't tell anybody, it might raise expectations. :D
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Duckdog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:02 am

AKPirate wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Duckdog wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

Jerry- See if you get him to type some stories out or tell them to you, way too cool!

Jerry, if he's willing to do something like that, I sure would. I always wanted to do something like that with my Grandpa, but I never did and we buried him in April. I know a lot of the stories, but it sure would have been nice to have them in more of a chronological order. I really do regret that. His stories would have made an excellent book, and I can't think of a better way to honor someone or preserve the memory.
For the longest time, he kept most of those memories buried, and after hearing some of his stories of the liberation of Dachau prison I can see why.
It's amazing what that generation did, and a lot of them were just kids.
Duckdog

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 am

Same here. I kick myself on a weekly basis for not sitting down and writing, or hell, at least having a tape recorder in my pocket. Grandpa used to work shift work, so we'd sit up until midnight (when he went to work) BSing, and he'd tell stories of his times in the war. He was on a B-17 stationed at a small grass field outside London, and some his best stories involved them sneaking off post and trying to get into London during the blackouts to visit the dance halls. Sometimes they made it, and sometimes they accidentally tried to hitch a ride with what turned out to be an MP patrol. Hard to tell the difference when nobody's running lights :lol: In my opinion, it takes a special kind of dickhead MP to haul you back to post, when tomorrow you could go down in a flaming ball of fire over Europe.
assateague

Postby Pintail » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:33 am

assateague wrote:Same here. I kick myself on a weekly basis for not sitting down and writing, or hell, at least having a tape recorder in my pocket. Grandpa used to work shift work, so we'd sit up until midnight (when he went to work) BSing, and he'd tell stories of his times in the war. He was on a B-17 stationed at a small grass field outside London, and some his best stories involved them sneaking off post and trying to get into London during the blackouts to visit the dance halls. Sometimes they made it, and sometimes they accidentally tried to hitch a ride with what turned out to be an MP patrol. Hard to tell the difference when nobody's running lights :lol: In my opinion, it takes a special kind of dickhead MP to haul you back to post, when tomorrow you could go down in a flaming ball of fire over Europe.

Wow, very cool. I have never asked my grandfather about his wartime experience. He lives in Oklahoma and I don't see him that much. He's 90 now.
Pintail

Postby gila-river » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

Never met grandpa on my dads side he was an aircraft mechanic in the war. Grandpa on my moms side passed away around 12 years ago. He had some stories that should be Tom Clancy Books. He did some stuff in East Germany that was pretty crazy.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby DixieDawg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Mine was a medic in WWII had the medals from surviving Normandy and battle of the bulge never would talk much about it though
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

gila-river wrote:Never met grandpa on my dads side he was an aircraft mechanic in the war. Grandpa on my moms side passed away around 12 years ago. He had some stories that should be Tom Clancy Books. He did some stuff in East Germany that was pretty crazy.

Yea, shenanigans happened for sure. Gramps stories of times after the war ended are great. He rode a motorcycle from Frankfort to the west border, then did patrol. He said after a time or two, the beer trucks knew the routine. Also was the time of a few of them clipping a bunch of belts together to run through a German MG42. A buddy held it open for too long, and it continued shooting on its own. He said guys were scattering, the barrel started to droop, finally someone kinked the belt.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 pm

DixieDawg wrote:Mine was a medic in WWII had the medals from surviving Normandy and battle of the bulge never would talk much about it though

That's cool, mine never talked bout it til he saw Band of Brothers on TV. He started watching and telling me stories.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind