Weight lifting thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Weight lifting thread

Postby Redbeard » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 am

Eric's gonna partner up with this guy?! He must be kind of a big deal
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 am

I guess. And I am not saying gay trying to insult the guy. He has a husband.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby WTN10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:28 am

R. Chapman wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
DC727 wrote:I still call bullshit on your dead lift

Why? Numbers don't mean shit. Form is everything, which if he is using pads and boxes, he most likely doesn't have. Results are all that matter and being only 165 at 6'3 tells me there ain't much happening.

Also, lifting for hunting is a dumb excuse as well as any other sport. For me it is a hobby that I now get paid to do. I did it to get in shape at the beginning but now I'm thinking about partnering up with Shaun T in the near future

Woody, it's not that I don't have good form, that's just part of the program they run for whatever reason.

If your squat is that different, you probably don't have good form. I'm not knocking you. The squat is very technical. If you have poor stance, bad posture, weak back, bad bar placement, poor flexibility, etc., it can drastically effect your squat. It takes a lot of practice and it's my worst lift. Best I've done is 405 for a double wrapped with a belt. I've been playing with bar placement to try and keep me from leaning forward out of the hole. Bench is easier to correct. Deadlift is easier to correct. Squat is a fuarking bitch though. I made just a couple of corrections with stance and posture and my squat improved dramatically.
WTN10

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 am

WTN10 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Why? Numbers don't mean shit. Form is everything, which if he is using pads and boxes, he most likely doesn't have. Results are all that matter and being only 165 at 6'3 tells me there ain't much happening.

Also, lifting for hunting is a dumb excuse as well as any other sport. For me it is a hobby that I now get paid to do. I did it to get in shape at the beginning but now I'm thinking about partnering up with Shaun T in the near future

Woody, it's not that I don't have good form, that's just part of the program they run for whatever reason.

If your squat is that different, you probably don't have good form. I'm not knocking you. The squat is very technical. If you have poor stance, bad posture, weak back, bad bar placement, poor flexibility, etc., it can drastically effect your squat. It takes a lot of practice and it's my worst lift. Best I've done is 405 for a double wrapped with a belt. I've been playing with bar placement to try and keep me from leaning forward out of the hole. Bench is easier to correct. Deadlift is easier to correct. Squat is a fuarking bitch though. I made just a couple of corrections with stance and posture and my squat improved dramatically.

Box squats are just easier than a free squat period.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby WTN10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 am

R. Chapman wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Box squats are just easier than a free squat period.

Agreed, but you're selling yourself short.
WTN10

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
Woody wrote:Why is staying in shape/working-out/lifting gay?

Its not gay. Talking about it is borderline homo though.

Why? Are you struggling with heterosexuality?

Nope. Straight out hetero. I was banging puss long before u were a twinkle.

Why do u defend it? You thinking about coming out?
Tomkat

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 am

Still trying you get stronger where the femur nd pelvis join up. That's why I can't do more in squat. I go down then its a struggle for the first 6-8 inches back up then smooth sailing after that.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 am

R. Chapman wrote:Still trying you get stronger where the femur nd pelvis join up. That's why I can't do more in squat. I go down then its a struggle for the first 6-8 inches back up then smooth sailing after that.

Soooo your hip.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:53 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Still trying you get stronger where the femur nd pelvis join up. That's why I can't do more in squat. I go down then its a struggle for the first 6-8 inches back up then smooth sailing after that.

Soooo your hip.

Hey buddy, lets not get technical here. This is weight lifting, one of the simplest things known to man.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:55 am

Flutter kicks and ruck marches. Best exercise ever for hips.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:00 am

WTN10 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I run a lot(about 30 miles a week) so I don't go heavy on my squats in order to keep quad mass down. Legs grow insanely fast and as a result, slow my running down. Usually stick to 275x10 for 5 sets as a warm up and the rest of my leg routine consists of curls, extensions, split squats and lunges. I also don't use a belt for anything, nor gloves or wraps. Found it to just be cheating myself on form, but if you have a bad back, I'd stick with using a belt.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 am

assateague wrote:Flutter kicks and ruck marches. Best exercise ever for hips.

Ruck marches sucked, loved flutter kicks though.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:35 am

When I do squats. I tie a 30 pound kettle bell to my dick and sing You Are My Sunshine.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:41 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:When I do squats. I tie a 30 pound kettle bell to my dick and sing You Are My Sunshine.

I figured you'd be singing "this little light of mine"
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:42 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:When I do squats. I tie a 30 pound kettle bell to my dick and sing You Are My Sunshine.

:lol::lol: that's when I do chest and arms.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Most important muscles you have are your arms. I'd be working them out every day.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:47 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Most important muscles you have are your arms. I'd be working them out every day.

Make sure you are only doing biceps, though.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 am

Woody wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Make sure you are only doing biceps, though.

Yes, you really don't want to expose any other part of your body. Biceps are king. And for the love of god, don't lift legs.....fucking useless.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 am

Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 am

This guy cracks me up

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 am

Eric Haynes wrote:This guy cracks me up

I love that channel. Seen every video.
WTN10

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 am

Almost as if it wasn't made for biceps.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

WTN10 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Good advice. I really screwed up my back for life squatting when I was in my early 20's. Two back surgeries later and I'm still unable to run across the street without serious pain later. The most I ever squatted was 225#. 225# isn't much but I only weighed 165# in college. I was warming up with 135# when it happened. I had a date that night and was in a hurry. I was going up-down fast when I lost balance. I didn't let go of the weights. My lower body went one way and the weights went another. When I caught balance, I heard a big crack in my lower back. I cracked the SI Joint, which his now hyper mobile. I also blew out the L5-S1 disc into my spinal column. After years of therapy, I am able to do much of what I could before the injury. However, I have pain every day. Be careful doing squats. That exercise isn't known as the big money maker for orthopedic surgeons for no good reason.
vincentpa

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:23 pm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:26 pm

capt1972 wrote:Image

Are you fat?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
capt1972 wrote:Image

Are you fat?

nope
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Mornin Beef » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Before I blew out my calf on the goose stepping machine I would do a little bench work here and there. I can't brag about any big weights I put up but I was known to throw down at the tip of hat. They didn't have muscle milk back then either so I was at a disadvantage with all you young jersey shore punks.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:Before I blew out my calf on the goose stepping machine I would do a little bench work here and there. I can't brag about any big weights I put up but I was known to throw down at the tip of hat. They didn't have muscle milk back then either so I was at a disadvantage with all you young jersey shore punks.

But they had andro....must be how you blew that calf :clap: :clap: :clap:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby bill herian » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Has anyone actually put up their numbers yet?

I gotta know, I feel a WFF Battle Royale looming and want to know who I should look to first, and who I should allow to become fatigued before engaging.

It's called fuckin strategy man.
bill herian

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm

bill herian wrote:Has anyone actually put up their numbers yet?

I gotta know, I feel a WFF Battle Royale looming and want to know who I should look to first, and who I should allow to become fatigued before engaging.

It's called fuckin strategy man.

This ain't the WWE
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind