Hey ManlyMan!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Hey ManlyMan!

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Rick wrote:A told as true, and likely mostly so, guide's tale about a fellow I know:

A guest at one of our state's oldest and most prestigious fat cat private waterfowl camps spent the morning regaling his host and their guide with accounts of all the wonderful things he owned. He had a private jet that cost millions and did this, that and several other remarkable things. His yacht was practically the Queen Mary, cost millions and did this, that and several other remarkable things. His car collection also ran well into the millions and included several of the world's finest that did this, that and several other remarkable things, too. And on, and on, and on until he got to his watch, a marvel of chronography costing hundreds of thousands of dollars that did this, that and several other things better than any other.

By which point his guide had heard enough and asked, "But will that watch do what this $20 Timex will?" Whereupon the guide pulled his watch off, smacked it on the top rail of their blind and tossed it out into the pond.

So could his watch do it too?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm

RonE wrote:Just looked up Invicta Pro Diver up on Amazon...If you got $300 off, they must have paid you to take it. Are you a diver or a poser? What is the rotating bezel for?

I'm not a diver, I just like a good, solid watch that doesn't need batteries. the rotating bezel is for timing your dive time though, set it to when you jump in, then you know how long you've been down.

I got tired of cheap watches shitting the bed. my last one was a casio that lasted two weeks before the liquid crystal display shattered for no reason. decided that from that point on, I'd pony up and buy a nice watch. it's holding up well, and though they need to be tuned and parts replaced every few years, it would be nice to have an heirloom object to pass on someday.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
RonE wrote:Just looked up Invicta Pro Diver up on Amazon...If you got $300 off, they must have paid you to take it. Are you a diver or a poser? What is the rotating bezel for?

I'm not a diver, I just like a good, solid watch that doesn't need batteries. the rotating bezel is for timing your dive time though, set it to when you jump in, then you know how long you've been down.

I got tired of cheap watches shitting the bed. my last one was a casio that lasted two weeks before the liquid crystal display shattered for no reason. decided that from that point on, I'd pony up and buy a nice watch. it's holding up well, and though they need to be tuned and parts replaced every few years, it would be nice to have an heirloom object to pass on someday.

Mechanical movements are the best.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 pm

aunt betty wrote:Would rather take a cop hunting than a rich man.

The really rich folks I've hunted have been much the same as other folks. Some are dicks, but most are good people. Only for sure billionaire I take just wants to be one of the guys. Before he retired, he'd put corporate guests up in the mansion-on-the-river B&B with his son to host them, and stay at the camp, himself, to hang out with us. And some others who might give him a run for the money have been just like him.

Cops on the other hand...

(Jk, they've been people, too.)
Rick

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 pm

If it makes you guys feel better I didn't actually pay for the watch. Rewards points!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Rick wrote:A told as true, and likely mostly so, guide's tale about a fellow I know:

A guest at one of our state's oldest and most prestigious fat cat private waterfowl camps spent the morning regaling his host and their guide with accounts of all the wonderful things he owned. He had a private jet that cost millions and did this, that and several other remarkable things. His yacht was practically the Queen Mary, cost millions and did this, that and several other remarkable things. His car collection also ran well into the millions and included several of the world's finest that did this, that and several other remarkable things, too. And on, and on, and on until he got to his watch, a marvel of chronography costing hundreds of thousands of dollars that did this, that and several other things better than any other.

By which point his guide had heard enough and asked, "But will that watch do what this $20 Timex will?" Whereupon the guide pulled his watch off, smacked it on the top rail of their blind and tossed it out into the pond.

So could his watch do it too?

Might have made an even better story if it did, what with the guide out there that night diving in the dark for it...
Rick

Postby Tomkat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Still loving my $30 Ironman watch. It has been the GO device prior to many a coyote or duck murder
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Olly wrote:If it makes you guys feel better I didn't actually pay for the watch. Rewards points!

If you'd get on the fucking ball, we could all post the glorious stuff we got with our Cabelas Rewards Points.
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Olly wrote:If it makes you guys feel better I didn't actually pay for the watch. Rewards points!
sucker/recruit so many kids to be coasties?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Goldfish wrote:

Haha you don't know anything about the CG. I'm not so much a recruiter as a "go the fuck away" guy. No one that I put in is a sucker. They beg to come in.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Olly wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

Haha you don't know anything about the CG. I'm not so much a recruiter as a "go the fuck away" guy. No one that I put in is a sucker. They beg to come in.

Ya but how many young souls did you really have to sell to uncle sam to get the watch?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Ha
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Ha ha - great story Rick, reminds me of one from years ago.

My buddy's fiancé gave him a nice Tag Heuer for Christmas and we left for Stuttgart as soon as the party wrapped up.

All the way there he went on and on about how "sweet" that watch was, but was going to need the band tightens up because it was too loose...was still taking about it the following morning in the flooded timber.

I was close enough to hear the "ploop" went it went in the water.

I still remind him about that every chance I get.
haha
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Rick wrote:
Cops on the other hand...

...are the biggest criminals
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the watch you just listed is online for $80...
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby WTN10 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Fraud.
WTN10

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:

Didnt you hear him? He said family heirloom.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:13 pm

@manlyman

Olly, this new trick sucks
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Redbeard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:

funny most casios I've seen are pretty durable
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Love my G Shock...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Love my G Spot...

Nasty! Do you have to use a bag of flour to find it?
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

When it has the number of visors that Walt Disney World has, it isn't hard to find.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

Haha!
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Love my G Shock...

I was given one of those once, and I loved it. I finally lost it though.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby gila-river » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Don't worry DnB, one day the right guy will come along and you'll find it again... :lol:
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:08 am

gila-river wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Don't worry DnB, one day the right guy will come along and you'll find it again... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Previous

Return to The Blind