Duck hunting..

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Duck hunting..

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:50 pm

How about we start a semi-hunting related thread?

Anybody else dying for season to get here? I just bought a new shotgun yesterday. Going to pick up some new deeks here soon. Scouted out some potential spots yesterday too. Had a drake mallard buzz over and kicked up a few wood ducks.

Quack quack quack...
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Duck hunting..

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

I Jumped 2 woodies up fishing the other day. I have the fever oh so bad.
Westie25

Re: Duck hunting..

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:54 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:How about we start a semi-hunting related thread?

Anybody else dying for season to get here? I just bought a new shotgun yesterday. Going to pick up some new deeks here soon. Scouted out some potential spots yesterday too. Had a drake mallard buzz over and kicked up a few wood ducks.

Quack quack quack...

I know what you mean about dying for the season to start. Every day I go out fir training with the dog and half the fun is watching the ducks in the bay where we train. About 85 days here in MI until early goose season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Duck hunting..

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 pm

All the ducks left here at the beginning of may. Now it's just hot and duck season would be as welcomed as the cool weather. Scouted some new areas last week while I was home but couldn't get a boat in anywhere.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't even want to start a countdown. It will go by much slower. But a typical start to regular duck season is just under 5 months away. Early goose and teal opens in under 4 though.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:43 pm

duck hunting has no place in the blind. :lol:
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to The Blind