And It Continues...

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: And It Continues...

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:For Jim (seen on the FB today)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401147668.693485.jpg

While I want to think its fake, I somehow think it probably happened.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

This is too funny
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon May 26, 2014 11:11 pm

assateague wrote:Shakespeare sucketh.

:lol: :clap:
Glimmerjim

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon May 26, 2014 11:20 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

It is, indeed, something that is hard to accept as real. But people simply never cease to amaze me in so many ways. I begin to think I have a handle on what people think and what they want, and then you hear an asinine statement from someone that just blows it all to sh*tville. The same situation blows my mind when I hear of the top rated tv shows of the week/year. They invariably are the most superficial, hyperemotional, stereotypical views of the most empty headed, materialistic, unworthy people in our society. Then I feel a kinship to Van Gogh. Trying to present reality in a visual representation of valid and considered introspection.
Glimmerjim

Postby RonE » Tue May 27, 2014 5:19 am

Pintail wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
Pintail wrote:
assateague wrote:Maybe he was. But why is that important? And if something is fundamentallly unintelligible, is it still "valuable" as a learning tool?

Here's the way I think it played out:

Teacher in 1793:
"Shakespeare is sooooo good."

Teacher in 1804:
"Shakespeare sucks, but my teacher said he was brilliant, so if I don't understand it, that must mean I'm dumb. So I better pretend he's brilliant, too."

And so on and so on, throughout history, perpetuated by both former students and teachers who are afraid to admit he sucks for fear of appearing intellectually negligent.

Well, this guy isn't. He sucks. It's questionable whether he even wrote the damn things. They were written for very "base" audiences, and could almost be called the soap operas of the 1600's. If, 400 years from now, we can have managed to perpetuate the belief that Days of Our Lives was high literature, to the point that it is mandatory in all high school curriculum, would that make it so? Or is that just nonsense? Because I assure you, soap operas are "cognizant of familial power struggles and the desire to control others".

Shakespeare was a master of the English language. He was very advanced for his time. He created a lot of the words we use every day. It has a lot more to do with that than his actual stories. Although, most of his stories can relate to the problems and feelings we have today.

Personally I find it pretty rude for "Pintail" to post on Assa's thread! :lol: Just kidding, Pintail, kind of an inside joke! :thumbsup:

I'm starting to think assa really hates pintails.

He has wet dreams about them. Pintails and rats too.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Tue May 27, 2014 5:23 am

So, was Adam Hilliker a part time teacher or a part time policeman?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby assateague » Tue May 27, 2014 5:26 am

:lol:
assateague

Postby vincentpa » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

huntall6 wrote:
vincentpa wrote:An expensive hair dresser at that. Everybody's got their hands in my pockets.

That why you have soo many friends!

That's cause they want to get their hands on something with weight.
vincentpa

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 29, 2014 11:13 pm

vincentpa wrote:
huntall6 wrote:
vincentpa wrote:An expensive hair dresser at that. Everybody's got their hands in my pockets.

That why you have soo many friends!

That's cause they want to get their hands on something with weight.

I used to carry a roll of quarters in my pocket, too, vp! :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby assateague » Fri May 30, 2014 5:54 am

It's a good thing you guys straightened me out on those silly blocks, so I could help with her homework last night. Hopefully the second part is correct- she wrote exactly what I told her.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401447260.312412.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 am

assateague wrote:It's a good thing you guys straightened me out on those silly blocks, so I could help with her homework last night. Hopefully the second part is correct- she wrote exactly what I told her.

That should do it
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri May 30, 2014 10:51 am

It's not wrong.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Nor very explanatory! :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby assateague » Fri May 30, 2014 3:07 pm

I should've had her write "It's reasonable". Dammit. Missed opportunity.
assateague

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 31, 2014 2:37 am

assateague wrote:I should've had her write "It's reasonable". Dammit. Missed opportunity.

Not really, at. To give an answer that conveys to the teacher that she fully understands the concept being taught she should have stated that since vertical lines indicate tens, 14 vertical lines equals 140, or the equal of a square block and 4 vertical lines. I don't think there is a lot of incentive in being obstinate when a teacher is trying to teach the mandated curriculum.
Glimmerjim

Postby R. Chapman » Sat May 31, 2014 2:39 am

assateague wrote:It's a good thing you guys straightened me out on those silly blocks, so I could help with her homework last night. Hopefully the second part is correct- she wrote exactly what I told her.

:shock: What kind of fucked up homework is that?
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby assateague » Sat May 31, 2014 6:30 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:I should've had her write "It's reasonable". Dammit. Missed opportunity.

Not really, at. To give an answer that conveys to the teacher that she fully understands the concept being taught she should have stated that since vertical lines indicate tens, 14 vertical lines equals 140, or the equal of a square block and 4 vertical lines. I don't think there is a lot of incentive in being obstinate when a teacher is trying to teach the mandated curriculum.

I do.

Because "explain how you know that 344=344" is probably about a 200-page proof, full of a litany of concepts that the large majority don't understand. The question wasn't "explain how you get 344".

"Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" has always worked amazingly well as a learning tool for me, both as a giver and receiver. Fuck that curriculum.
assateague

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 31, 2014 11:11 am

assateague wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

I do.

Because "explain how you know that 344=344" is probably about a 200-page proof, full of a litany of concepts that the large majority don't understand. The question wasn't "explain how you get 344".

"Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" has always worked amazingly well as a learning tool for me, both as a giver and receiver. **** that curriculum.

:lol: I got on this morning and realized what I said about "you should have" concerning your daughter. I made that mistake once before, and my eyebrows are just now growing back! :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby banknote » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:08 pm

I saw this and thought it ought to go here.
banknote

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:09 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
assateague

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:01 pm

What the what the? When did conservatives start complaining about corporate control? :o
Glimmerjim

Postby assateague » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 am

"Conservatives" always have. "Republicans" have not.
assateague

Postby gila-river » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:51 am

assateague wrote:"Conservatives" always have. "Republicans" have not.

Thank you.
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm

This thread came to mind when I saw this. Not really the same concept but still made me laugh.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:This thread came to mind when I saw this. Not really the same concept but still made me laugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby banknote » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 am

banknote

Postby assateague » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:22 am

:lol:
assateague

Postby possumfoot » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:14 am

aunt betty wrote:If you can't get from "I have this many fingers on my hand" to "I have 5 (five) fingers" and then know that five means 5 and is !!!!! :::::
Or ##### no matter what we're referring to then maybe, MAYBE, you need to go to a special school for dumbasses that has more advanced methods of teaching and testing simple concepts. :) [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1400784568061.jpg[/attachment]

wow.. how did i miss this little gem!! :clap:
Redbeard wrote:It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.
possumfoot

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:26 am

possumfoot wrote:
aunt betty wrote:If you can't get from "I have this many fingers on my hand" to "I have 5 (five) fingers" and then know that five means 5 and is !!!!! :::::
Or ##### no matter what we're referring to then maybe, MAYBE, you need to go to a special school for dumbasses that has more advanced methods of teaching and testing simple concepts. :) [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1400784568061.jpg[/attachment]

Look what the cat drug in. What's up possum?
QH's Paw

Postby possumfoot » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:37 am

QH's Paw wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

Look what the cat drug in. What's up possum?

not much of nothin.. been cooking most the night, drank a 12 pack and decided on taking a nap.just woke up a bit ago and feel glorious. gonna feel like shit come about 8 pm. back to the grill for me soon.. been busting it getting decoys ready and recently got accepted for an outfitter account through avery so i'm waiting on one more thing to happen and i'll be rolling out a 1500 peice light goose floater spread this CO season. still have to pour about 1000 more weights then then i'll have to tie all that stuff, but hey, that's what a couple cases of beer and everyone that likes to get them phone calls during season are for. :beer:

how about your self?
Redbeard wrote:It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.
possumfoot

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind