Offical 2014 - 2015 WFF Traveling Decoy Sign Up!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Offical 2014 - 2015 WFF Traveling Decoy Sign Up!

Postby Ajverret » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Kool deal
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby hudson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm ready gonna have it the 2nd weekend of season
hudson

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 am

I accepted a new position with my company, and will be moving. Due to the transfer, I can't commit to the traveler at this time.

Please remove me from the list.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:I accepted a new position with my company, and will be moving. Due to the transfer, I can't commit to the traveler at this time.

Please remove me from the list.

That's a bummer and awesome at the same time. I hope it comes with more $$$.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:24 am

Thanks. After several months of negotiations, they were able to make the move worth it.

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:39 am

I'll take Nov. 1 if it's open now. Jake you join if you have time.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby RickC » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 am

Ok gents. All thats left is throwing some paint on the bottom, a pad weight and line attach point. Im going to leave it up to y'all to put what ever length you need for your hunt on the deke. I've gotten Steeles address and hope to have it shipped out by the end of the week. There will also be a journal in the box like last year.
Now Im busting it to try and get the ones in the second pic carved into some Blue Wings. No pressure
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
RickC

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:25 am

Amazing Rick!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:53 am

RickC wrote:Ok gents. All thats left is throwing some paint on the bottom, a pad weight and line attach point. Im going to leave it up to y'all to put what ever length you need for your hunt on the deke. I've gotten Steeles address and hope to have it shipped out by the end of the week. There will also be a journal in the box like last year.
Now Im busting it to try and get the ones in the second pic carved into some Blue Wings. No pressure

Rick you're amazing thank you so much! I predict a lot of money will go to charity this year.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:55 am

jarbo03 wrote:I'll take Nov. 1 if it's open now. Jake you join if you have time.

Thanks, jarbo.

Well done, Rick!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby RickC » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Amazing Rick!

Ty

Olly wrote:
Rick you're amazing thank you so much! I predict a lot of money will go to charity this year.

Ty, it was such joy being able to send off to the charities, it was truely a Blessing

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:I'll take Nov. 1 if it's open now. Jake you join if you have time.

Thanks, jarbo.

Well done, Rick!

Ty! Hope it does you good
RickC

Postby RickC » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:23 am

Ok it's started. The decoy is on its way to Tennessee. I had to use UPS and in case anyone is interested it is going ground to be delivered by Thursday and with and additional 2.00 its insured for 200.00 for a total shipping cost of 19.11. Thats shipped from southeast Oklahoma.
One more tidbit. I threw in a couple extra strips of leather in case the one thats on it now breaks somehow. I havent used leather for an attach point before and not sure how it will hold up. Probably should have treated it but doh! If there's a problem and it needs to be changed give me a call, my numbers in the journal.
RickC

Postby Ajverret » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:42 pm

RickC wrote:Ok it's started. The decoy is on its way to Tennessee. I had to use UPS and in case anyone is interested it is going ground to be delivered by Thursday and with and additional 2.00 its insured for 200.00 for a total shipping cost of 19.11. Thats shipped from southeast Oklahoma.
One more tidbit. I threw in a couple extra strips of leather in case the one thats on it now breaks somehow. I havent used leather for an attach point before and not sure how it will hold up. Probably should have treated it but doh! If there's a problem and it needs to be changed give me a call, my numbers in the journal.

How much would I say it weighs and what size box I have to ship from La to Ny trying to get a quote and time because I may be able to keep it a little longer no one has the weekend after me so I have 2 weeks to get it shipped
" Quack Stackin "
Ajverret

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Ajverret wrote:
RickC wrote:Ok it's started. The decoy is on its way to Tennessee. I had to use UPS and in case anyone is interested it is going ground to be delivered by Thursday and with and additional 2.00 its insured for 200.00 for a total shipping cost of 19.11. Thats shipped from southeast Oklahoma.

How much would I say it weighs and what size box I have to ship from La to Ny trying to get a quote and time because I may be able to keep it a little longer no one has the weekend after me so I have 2 weeks to get it shipped

Keep it. Our duck season doesn't open until the first week of October.

@Olly
Did you get my pm or did it go straight to the trash can? :lol::lol::lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Ajverret wrote:

@Olly

I got a notification that you sent me one then when I went to go read it, it was gone. Usually means the sender deleted it before you can read it. Go look at your sent items, it's not in my inbox.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Olly wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Ajverret wrote:

@Olly

I got a notification that you sent me one then when I went to go read it, it was gone. Usually means the sender deleted it before you can read it. Go look at your sent items, it's not in my inbox.

Says sent.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:I got a notification that you sent me one then when I went to go read it, it was gone. Usually means the sender deleted it before you can read it. Go look at your sent items, it's not in my inbox.

Says sent.[/quote]

Weird, I even went and looked at the actual database and it's not there. Send it again.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Sent it again.

Just a suggestion...
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Eric Haynes, made a good suggestion and wanted to see the traveler get a more organized sub forum so the members that hunt over it can post their hunt logs. I have made another sub-forum located within the "events" forum that will allow members who hunt over the decoy to start a thread detailing their hunt. I will also move past traveler's in there as well.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby RickC » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Ajverret wrote:

I didnt measure IR weigh the box, but best guess would be 14" square, under 6 lbs
RickC

Postby Steele22 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:39 pm

The traveler made it today, just as Rick said. Man this is some great work. I hate to put this dude on the water and get it dirty.
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:16 pm

Steele22 wrote:The traveler made it today, just as Rick said. Man this is some great work. I hate to put this dude on the water and get it dirty.

Its going to be ragged by the time the last person gets it. I wouldn't worry about the muddy water
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Just don't put it in the shit.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Steele22 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Steele22 wrote:The traveler made it today, just as Rick said. Man this is some great work. I hate to put this dude on the water and get it dirty.

Its going to be ragged by the time the last person gets it. I wouldn't worry about the muddy water

Yea I heard that. It's pretty right now, I just can't wait to send it along and hear what gets added to the book and box it's in. I've come up with a few ideas for AJ
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Ajverret » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Steele22 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Yea I heard that. It's pretty right now, I just can't wait to send it along and hear what gets added to the book and box it's in. I've come up with a few ideas for AJ

Ima have to clean that bad boy off when I get done with the mud and blood
" Quack Stackin "
Ajverret

Postby Steele22 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:29 pm

I can't get over the detail on this thing. Pulled up pics of a Smew online cause I had no clue what they were. His work is excellent :thumbsup:
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Steele22 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:32 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410485516.932411.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410485526.962710.jpg
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:01 pm

It's basically the 4th merganser.
QH's Paw

Postby Steele22 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:55 pm

QH's Paw wrote:It's basically the 4th merganser.

Hey man, what's up? You still coming to Ark
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Steele22 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410627324.541311.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410627336.074513.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410627343.710353.jpg
smew is no longer a virgin to gun powder or duck blood
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind