2014 season countdown

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: 2014 season countdown

Postby sws002 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Woody wrote:
sws002 wrote:
Duckdog wrote:I've never thought about that...It's probably mandated by the feds.
But, I don't think the early bw teal season days come out of your federally allotted days...do they? Seems like I just read that they don't.
I know it doesn't matter, but here it would make sense to have both open during the early bw teal season, but I wouldn't be willing to give up regular season time for it.

And, just for conversation's sake, I've seen woodies actually flying within flocks of bw teal, and I've also seen them shot that way.

That is correct, the early teal season doesn't come out of your allotted days. I'm not quite sure how they word it, I know the early/late goose seasons are technically nuisance seasons, I can't imagine the same could be said for teal. Perhaps Dan can shed a little light on this one...

Early teal is just a way of giving people a way to hunt birds that would otherwise be gone by the regular season.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. My point is that it is unlike the feds to just up and allow someone to have extra days to shoot teal and not have it count against their allotted days.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 pm

I think it is because otherwise there would be hardly any harvested and hunting after all is used for conservation.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

It does have to do with the wording of the request to the Feds and also with the species restriction - I'll get the skinny and report back, we meet again on the 9th to discuss splits and whatnot.

From the goose season standpoint, the early season does count against the total days of goose hunting, but in the Miss Flyway we are allotted something like 108 days of total goose hunting...so it's a juggling act to fight all of it in. We spend waaaaaay more time discussing goose dates than duck dates.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 pm

It would be cool if we had an early teal season. Do some serious damage to some cinnamon teal up in here.:lol:
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 pm

You guys keep saying bw season. Are there no gwt on your side of the lake?
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Tiler_J » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:36 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:It would be cool if we had an early teal season. Do some serious damage to some cinnamon teal up in here.:lol:

If rather have a late teal season. End of the season seems to be when all the cinnamon teal show up.

Last day of the season, last year, I had at least 100 greenwing and cinnamons sitting on the pond right around the blind before shooting time.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:It would be cool if we had an early teal season. Do some serious damage to some cinnamon teal up in here.:lol:

If rather have a late teal season. End of the season seems to be when all the cinnamon teal show up.

Last day of the season, last year, I had at least 100 greenwing and cinnamons sitting on the pond right around the blind before shooting time.

I hear yeah buddy. Either or would be cool. Seems like I've seen a shit load in September sitting in the ponds around here.
GadwallGetter530

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm

I would like to get a pair of cinnamon teal mount. Some pretty birds and very unique (to me).
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

I hear yeah buddy. Either or would be cool. Seems like I've seen a shit load in September sitting in the ponds around here.

I never see teal in September it's always earlier. Maybe we need a April or May season. But I doubt they want us shooting very many cinnamon teal anyway since they are concerned about the blue wings breeding them out.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 pm

R. Chapman wrote:I would like to get a pair of cinnamon teal mount. Some pretty birds and very unique (to me).

I'm still trying to get a real nice blue wing. Killed a bunch up north that weren't very great looking.
GadwallGetter530

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

I never see teal in September it's always earlier. Maybe we need a April or May season. But I doubt they want us shooting very many cinnamon teal anyway since they are concerned about the blue wings breeding them out.

It's a Conspiracy I tell you!
GadwallGetter530

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:55 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:I would like to get a pair of cinnamon teal mount. Some pretty birds and very unique (to me).

I'm still trying to get a real nice blue wing. Killed a bunch up north that weren't very great looking.

I shot a pile of them the first two weeks of the season. Had a couple that would of made for a real nice mount but they just aren't something that unique to me.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

I shot a pile of them the first two weeks of the season. Had a couple that would of made for a real nice mount but they just aren't something that unique to me.

So... Are they unique to you or not?
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

It's a Conspiracy I tell you!

Wouldn't be surprised, we can only shoot two pintail. They are capable of absurd propaganda.
Bootlipkiller

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

I'm still trying to get a real nice blue wing. Killed a bunch up north that weren't very great plooking.

No. Too common around here.
R. Chapman

Postby sws002 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

I'm calling bullshit. There is no way you are shooting full plume BWT during any season in Montana. It's an extreme rarity that you can even begin to attempt to determine the sex of our BWT down here until they come back through in the spring.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

2014 season countdown

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

I'm still trying to get a real nice blue wing. Killed a bunch up north that weren't very great plooking.

No. Too common around here.

Thanks for clearing that up
Bootlipkiller

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

Didn't say they were full plume.
R. Chapman

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:01 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:Wouldn't be surprised, we can only shoot two pintail. They are capable of absurd propaganda.

That year my cuz had the G12 deer tag we saw a shit load of those little teal flying around in mid September.
GadwallGetter530

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 am

R. Chapman wrote:Didn't say they were full plume.

How would they make a nice mount then?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:Wouldn't be surprised, we can only shoot two pintail. They are capable of absurd propaganda.

That year my cuz had the G12 deer tag we saw a shit load of those little teal flying around in mid September.

Good for you
Bootlipkiller

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:07 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

Good for you

Not really he missed a very nice buck that day :D
GadwallGetter530

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 am

Bwahahahahaha
Bootlipkiller

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:

Just really pretty birds. Had a lot of color to them.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 am

Weren't mangled up either.
R. Chapman

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 am

R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

So they were plumed out?
GadwallGetter530

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 am

Speaking of mounting not full plume birds, when I was like 9 I shot a GWT.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:20 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:Bwahahahahaha

Go for a boat ride out at the big guys place with me in when they first flood up. Those little bastards come out of the woodwork big time.
Last edited by GadwallGetter530 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GadwallGetter530

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

So they were plumed out?

Not a lot. Just a little bit.
R. Chapman

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:29 am

R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:

So they were plumed out?

Not a lot. Just a little bit.

Nothing more beautiful then an eclipsed teal. :lol:
GadwallGetter530

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind